LTX 2018 Announcement!

CPotter
1 minute ago, CPotter said:

No unfortunately, the main reason being that we can't provide 2000 people a tour of the office. :P 

just because I'm curious, how many delidded tickets were there

2 minutes ago, CPotter said:

No unfortunately, the main reason being that we can't provide 2000 people a tour of the office. :P 

but for example get a tour the day after at the 15, for let's say 100cad. groups of 20 people and 10tours in a day.... a lot of people will be very pleased (like me)

because the flight alone (from the netherlands) will cost me over 1000 euro's... so i'm calculating if it is worth it, just the 1day event not really to be honest.. i'm looking to make it a "vacation" of 7 day's or something, than it could be worth it.

5 minutes ago, Gallifreyan98 said:

just because I'm curious, how many delidded tickets were there

3 minutes ago, CPotter said:

If you're coming from the Netherlands, come by the day before LTX and I'll give you a tour myself.

now we are talking :D 

i'm gonna try fixing my vacation aproval with my boss, i'll keep you posted.

Still trying to convince my dad, but hopefully will go.

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

Sees video

Looks in wallet

Decides to wait til 2019

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

can't wait to see the LTX 2018 ads on LTT forums 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 hours ago, georgeent1 said:

What’s airport would I be best flying Into if I came to this? I would be flying from Heathrow uk. I feel like it’s Vancouver but I might be wrong.

YVR is about a 10 minute drive away from the venue. There are hotels all around the venue and all around Richmond sooo

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

8 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

All I need is to win freaking lottery now

I won the lottery tonight, $60,000,000 I cant wait until Monday when I go up to St. Albert to pick up the cashiers check. Limo to airport, Westjet, Airporter, Taxi, pickup check, taxi to downtown Edmonton. Then I plan to feed the bums in downtown Edmonton and fly to Cuba then Belize and dip into Florida and go on a continent wide road trip.

I'd buy two $500 Delidded tickets.

How many of those tickets are available?

10 hours ago, CPotter said:

Delidded - $500 CAD + Tax & Fee (Limit 20)

- Dinner with Linus and Other Team Members (Night Before Event, Exact Time TBD)

- Chill at the Linus Tech Tips HQ (Night Before Event, Exact Time TBD)

Should I sell my 1070 and be forever doomed to play on Intel integrated graphics to have dinner with Linus?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

If it weren't for living on the east coast, needing a pass port and having no one to go with, don't think I'll be going.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

needing a pass port 

Are passports common in America? 70%+ of Americans I've talked to online seems to not have one.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

21 hours ago, CPotter said:

If you're coming from the Netherlands, come by the day before LTX and I'll give you a tour myself.

Can we make that a standing invitation for anyone from way the fark away? 

I still have a wee bit too much of social life left to attend LTX, but wouldn't mind checking out the studios if I'm ever in the area.

22 hours ago, heksenketelpc said:

but for example get a tour the day after at the 15, for let's say 100cad. groups of 20 people and 10tours in a day.... a lot of people will be very pleased (like me)

because the flight alone (from the netherlands) will cost me over 1000 euro's... so i'm calculating if it is worth it, just the 1day event not really to be honest.. i'm looking to make it a "vacation" of 7 day's or something, than it could be worth it.

If you want to make it a vacation, consider Seattle as your gateway. Flight should be cheaper (more competition, including proper LCCs like WOW) and it's only a couple hours away by car or cheap bus (I'd recommend a car since there's plenty to see around).

14 hours ago, alexjhastie said:

@CPotter not sure if it is a use to you but I own ltxcon.com and I am more than happy to transfer it to you

you're not even asking for a beer?

shame I'd think that would be worth at least one or two :P 

16 minutes ago, Lack said:

If you want to make it a vacation, consider Seattle as your gateway. Flight should be cheaper (more competition, including proper LCCs like WOW) and it's only a couple hours away by car or cheap bus (I'd recommend a car since there's plenty to see around).

US customs have a habit of being far too aggressive with many foreign travellers for this to make sense for some people (plus you would need 2 visas, not just 1)

42 minutes ago, BubblyCharizard said:

you're not even asking for a beer?

shame I'd think that would be worth at least one or two :P 

US customs have a habit of being far too aggressive with many foreign travellers for this to make sense for some people (plus you would need 2 visas, not just 1)

Perhaps a beer is implied (especially coming from the Heineklands).

Depending where you're from, you may need something like an ESTA only which isn't that big of a deal (similar to the stuff you need to go through in Canada). As far as customs - my personal experience is a mixed bag in YVR. No issues on that land boarder, but I could probably pull of a MAGA hat so there's that (hadn't had a secondary screening since '16, which is nice).

22 hours ago, JDE said:

Are passports common in America? 70%+ of Americans I've talked to online seems to not have one.

Probably denied entry

22 hours ago, JDE said:

No they are not. I have considered getting mine. I live 28 miles from Detroit and Canada is right across the river. But most people in this country dont leave it. Which is why most people are short sighted when talking about the rest of the world. If it wasnt so expensive Id love to visit Japan, China, The UK and many places in Europe. But I dont have the funds to feed that adventure. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

8 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

No they are not. I have considered getting mine. I live 28 miles from Detroit and Canada is right across the river. But most people in this country dont leave it. Which is why most people are short sighted when talking about the rest of the world. If it wasnt so expensive Id love to visit Japan, China, The UK and many places in Europe. But I dont have the funds to feed that adventure. 

That's interesting. Here you need 2-3 ID for like everything lol. And most people have passport in my area

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:16 AM, RollTime said:

Yo can I borrow a thousand dollars to fly there? I'll pay you back, promise.

Can someone loan me 2500$. I will not pay you back. I have to fly in from India. I guess its not a loan then, Or I guess I could stowaway on a boat now and reach Canada in time for LTX.

On 2/23/2018 at 5:54 PM, ScrappyZeDog said:

Still trying to convince my dad, but hopefully will go.

Good Luck with that. But impossible here....

On 2/23/2018 at 4:40 PM, CPotter said:

What about you guys set aside a week during December or something with like 10 tours a day of 25 people each???? Also we viewers definitely want a vlog tour.

On 23/02/2018 at 9:24 PM, Canada EH said:

I won the lottery tonight, $60,000,000 I cant wait until Monday when I go up to St. Albert to pick up the cashiers check. Limo to airport, Westjet, Airporter, Taxi, pickup check, taxi to downtown Edmonton. Then I plan to feed the bums in downtown Edmonton and fly to Cuba then Belize and dip into Florida and go on a continent wide road trip.

I'd buy two $500 Delidded tickets.

How many of those tickets are available?

It's nice to know someone from the forum lives in the same city as me.

The geek himself.

So for 500 $, u get to have dinner with "Linus and Other Team Members" and u get to "Chill at the Linus Tech Tips HQ". For that money, that is honestly NOT THAT BAD! If I lived in Canada, would have a job and wouldn't be socially awkward, I could totally see myself buying that lol.