LTX 2018 Announcement!

CPotter
On 4/19/2018 at 8:44 PM, ILiketoMobit said:

skytrain to Richmond from our house is about an hour and a half... sigh...

The drive from my house to Richmond is 12Hr's, things could be worse :D

I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎28 at 11:10 AM, 985323 said:

The drive from my house to Richmond is 12Hr's, things could be worse :D

Watch me bike there.

On a side note. @CPotter, if I go to LTX, any chance of inviting Nicky V over to teach me how to drive stick? :P

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 6/3/2018 at 9:56 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Watch me bike there.

motorized bicycle though right

Hey @CPotter I already bought the Overclocked ticket (Ticket #A87911532). I live it Seattle, but as It happens, I need a visa to attend that event, and being a Non US citizen makes the process harder. Also, because of some glitch in the Canada immigration website I can't even access the immigration forms that I need to fill - those pages just simply not open. What do you suggest I do in case I do not get the visa in time? 

I do not want to return the ticket :(

1 hour ago, sudiptakarmakar said:

Hey @CPotter I already bought the Overclocked ticket (Ticket #A87911532). I live it Seattle, but as It happens, I need a visa to attend that event, and being a Non US citizen makes the process harder. Also, because of some glitch in the Canada immigration website I can't even access the immigration forms that I need to fill - those pages just simply not open. What do you suggest I do in case I do not get the visa in time? 

Hey!

Just send an email to Brownpapertickets and ask for a refund on your ticket. That sucks, I wish I knew more about the process and could help you out. Hopefully you get it figured out.

Can you guys do it next year in the US, I don't have the money to fly to Vancouver. sigh.....live stream time. 

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

On 6/12/2018 at 11:36 AM, I-r0k said:

Can you guys do it next year in the US

Very Highly doubt it. Just save up your money and plan well in advance, you will get a bargain on a flight a year in advance. Also no Canadian would dare step a foot in the USA without medical coverage.

57 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Also no Canadian would dare step a foot in the USA without medical coverage.

LOL 

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

On 2018-06-12 at 10:36 AM, I-r0k said:

Can you guys do it next year in the US, I don't have the money to fly to Vancouver. sigh.....live stream time. 

work visa

*denied*

work visa 

*denied*

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 11:17 AM, CPotter said:

LTX 2018 is happening at the Richmond Olympic Oval on July 14th, 2018! Tickets are available for you guys to purchase RIGHT NOW. 

Get Your Tickets Herehttps://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3335654

LTX 2018 Time & Location

10am - 6pm PST

Richmond Olympic Oval

6111 River Rd, Richmond, BC, Canada, V7C 0A2

Ticket Tiers:

Base Clock - $35 CAD + Tax & Fee

- 1x General Admission Ticket 

Overclocked - $75 CAD + Tax & Fee

- 1x LTX 2018 Pin

- 1x LTX 2018 T-Shirt

- 1x LTX 2018 Lanyard

- 6-month Floatplane Membership to Linus Media Group (Beginning Day of Event)

Delidded - $500 CAD + Tax & Fee (Limit 20)

- 1x LTX 2018 Pin

- 1x LTX 2018 Signed T-Shirt

- 1x LTX 2018 Lanyard

- 6-month Floatplane Membership to Linus Media Group (Beginning Day of Event)

- Dinner with Linus and Other Team Members (Night Before Event, Exact Time TBD)

- Chill at the Linus Tech Tips HQ (Night Before Event, Exact Time TBD)

Get LTX Updates Through:

Website & Newsletter: https://www.ltxexpo.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LTXexpo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LTXexpo/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ltxexpo

Plus we'll be mentioning it on WAN Show and LTT periodically. :D 

Chat on the new LTX subforum at https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/94-ltx-2018/

I wish that they were at the salt palace instead...

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

On 6/11/2018 at 10:07 AM, sudiptakarmakar said:

Even though the Seattle consul office doesn't handle visa applications, they could help figure out what the issue is with the website. Consul visa processing in LA and NYC seems to be handled by a private company contracted to provide the services on behalf of Canada.

Taking a look at the site, it looks like it uses Adobe's Acrobat web-connected forms. You can't use the web browser to view them--you'll need to download them and open them in an up-to-date version of Acrobat Reader. (You can't use a third-party reader, like Preview or Nitro). I downloaded them and opened them in Acrobat myself and they seemed to show up fine.

From a fellow O/C ticketer, good luck!

Hey @CPotter,

In the delidding booth, are we only delidding our processors, or is there an opportunity to apply liquid metal or some other compound and test things?

On 2018-06-11 at 10:07 AM, sudiptakarmakar said:

There is visa-free access to Canada from many different countries other than the US.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

On 6/28/2018 at 8:21 PM, LienusLateTips said:

There is visa-free access to Canada from many different countries other than the US.

Not for the country I'm from.

On 6/11/2018 at 1:07 PM, sudiptakarmakar said:

You could try calling immigration canada.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

On 2/23/2018 at 6:11 PM, CPotter said:

If you're coming from the Netherlands, come by the day before LTX and I'll give you a tour myself.

Not to be that guy, but I'll be coming from maryland, in the U.S. it's around 3,000 miles and $600 to fly. Any chance I could pay for a tour?

On 6/28/2018 at 8:21 PM, LienusLateTips said:

You know from Washington you can swim to BC I was right next to the lake and i could see Washington not a bad swim tbh 

On 6/12/2018 at 10:36 AM, I-r0k said:

if i sprain my leg i am going to have to give up my first born to pay for fees i hope its never in USA just save money for like 2019 

32 minutes ago, Artifind trade.tf said:

You know from Washington you can swim to BC I was right next to the lake and i could see Washington not a bad swim tbh 

It's against US law.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

On 7/9/2018 at 4:55 PM, LienusLateTips said:

It's against US law.

yes i understand that i was making a joke innit 

On 2/23/2018 at 3:11 PM, CPotter said:

If you're coming from the Netherlands, come by the day before LTX and I'll give you a tour myself.

@CPotter If I come from Abbotsford, can I get a tour?

2 hours ago, Sound_Barrier said:

@CPotter If I come from Abbotsford, can I get a tour?

On 7/4/2018 at 8:15 AM, SuperCooling87 said:

Not to be that guy, but I'll be coming from maryland, in the U.S. it's around 3,000 miles and $600 to fly. Any chance I could pay for a tour?

Let's not go down this rabbithole :P I'm coming all the way from freaking India with spending over $2,000 for travel and lodging and am not expecting any special treatment- lets take the Netherlands folk as an exception rather than the rule. ;) 

PC in Profile

40 minutes ago, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

Let's not go down this rabbithole :P I'm coming all the way from freaking India with spending over $2,000 for travel and lodging and am not expecting any special treatment- lets take the Netherlands folk as an exception rather than the rule. ;) 

You got me there.