Project: ~Shadow~

cyberlocc

Okay so here is the deal with the water cooling had some things come up this month so don't have the original planned water budget so what im going to do is get the loop functional with cheaper pump fittings etc than originally planned but at least get the base of the loop in and upgrade it after. So next June 14 is my daughters first birthday and my wife wants to have a 750 dollar birthday party why I don't know as the baby wont remember but whatever cant really complain with all the money I waste lol. So the loop upgrade will have to wait until near end of June but I will get there I promise and Ill try to make other corrections during the lapse cant go that long with out an update lol. So I'm going to get the start of the loop on the third when I pay myself lol so hopefully it will be here on the 8-10 and Ill have pics up of all the install asap.

As promised here is the good photos last photos while on air.(major ones anyway I never know when Im going to mess with something lol.)

20130421_181658_zps38e22aec.jpg

20130421_181004_zpsbbf1af46.jpg

20130421_180938_zpsb799ab72.jpg

20130421_180851_zpsc5a3edb1.jpg

20130421_180838_zps28f983d3.jpg

20130421_180828_zps782dd0b1.jpg

20130421_180537_zpsc26a0124.jpg

20130421_180520_zps12add2d8.jpg

20130421_180431_zpsc2011c3b.jpg

Ill take some pics tonight so you can see it in the dark :) Also you may notice the psu is different that's because new egg sent me the semi modular version. I called them and they said that they would exchange it and apologized but he said it would take up to 2 weeks to get another and after being without a psu for almost a month I gave up. I still hadn't gotten my money back for the other one that i bought on amazon so i was looking at sending it back to new egg and having 300 dollars of my money tied up and still without a psu. So I plugged it in no sound it didn't make my ears bleed like the last one so I called new egg they refunded the 20 dollar price difference and that was that I kept it. I mean it is still a great psu and semi modular so its fine i actually kinda like how the pro series logo where the cable plugs are is face up with the fan down the other was the opposite.

Okay nighttime :)

These will be the last photos of the whole rig until water my back plate form dwood should be here any day and ill take pics of the that when here.

20130421_192829_zps75ad0f61.jpg

20130421_192834_zps4c48d930.jpg

20130421_192838_zpsc0d89581.jpg

solid build second fav case to tj11 lol

it is a great case i like the 900d as well but the tj11 is a legend lol

Did you take permanent marker to the video card, to shade in the green?

Nice build. Can't wait to see it with the custom loop in.

Nice build! I love the window. 

Sylvanas EU myself :P

Thanks guys, Sure did duffman I plan on putting a block on so kinda pointless but that green threw it off in the meantime

Watercool gogo! Awesome rig,

Got my loop ordered today!!! Now as I said before I had some stuff come up this month so my loop budget got cut back and my daughters birthday the 13 of june and the wife wants to have a huge expensive party so I won't have any money for thw build next month but june will be back in full swing and ill try to fill the time gap with small updates.

So the loop most these parts aren't final just trying to get the loop up and running. So ill post the final parts underneath and the temps first.

Temporary ordered today.
Alphacool xt45 420mm
Xspc RS 240mm
Xspc dual bay 750ml pump/rez
Xspc Raystorm cpu block
Ek fc680+ and single bidge
Primochill lrt black onyx 1/2 3/4
Mod my toys carbon fiber matte black fittings x6
Phobya 90 degree rotary fittings x3
1 xspc barb came with kit won't be seen anyway.
Phobya angle clips 90 degree x5
Silver kill coil
Temporary loop total cost $500

Final loop plan

Alphacool xt45 420mm
Xspc RS 240mm (might swicth to ut60)

Phobya Gchanger 120mm

xspc dual bay rez with d5 varaible pump

ek fc 680+ (2 eventually when I sli not on the top of my priorites atm lol my fps is fine for now but soon ill add sli)

mod my toys carbon fiber matte black throughout

monsoon rotary extenders throughout 4 90 degrees 8 45 degrees(maybe less depending on flow impact)

bitspower extenders 40mm (to make the 90 degree angled fittings stick out firther on the rez so they can get past the pump top and towards the back and out youll see soon what i mean :))

fill and drain ports (I have some copper barb items that i might use for that right now we will see.)

Phobya angle clips 90 degree x4

tygon a60 matte black tubing

I think thats all but i might come back and edit later if i think of something lol.

The temp loop or the start if you will should be here soon :)  cant gve a defiant time frame as performance pcs says it could take 1-3 proccessing and then 3-5 ship so well see Ill update and let you know when I know a date but should be next week sometime. Also still havent got my backplate from dwood hope it comes this week it still has to be painted the order was completed the 4-18 so idk if it got lost or waht i pmed him today to see whats going on he didnt give me a tracking number so.

I was going to wait till these mods were done to update them but was already here so ill post em now and update as i go.

I cut the side of the middle drive bays why I did this I plan to route the top rad to the inlet and the bottom rad to the outlet of the rez and the plan is to run those behind the mobo tray. Here is an example of what I mean I got the idea from him it looks very clean.
523x700px-LL-d8065d89_IMG_2765.jpeg

What I do not like about his is the tubes coming from the tube and into the bay kinda eliminates the point if you ask me.
So my plan is to route them through the sides of the bay so heres the cut still needs cleaned up lol.
20130429_212406_zps2475bdcc.jpg
I might have to go a little further so I'm waiting to see before cleaning up the cut and wrapping the metal so it wont cut the tube. The cut is a little sloppy but you wont see it anyway so I'm not too worried about it. And below is why you wont see it.

This was just a prototype piece of acrylic the finished piece is much cleaner and also i opted to not make the whole for the how swap I will have my hard drive in that bay after I get the third rad but I will not use the hot swap and i will run the sata and power cables through the hole for the tubes so the finished piece is solid one piece. I just don't have a pic ATM and its in my shed which is locked its dark outside don't want to hassle with it will take one later. As with all the other acrylic pieces it will be covered in matte black vinyl i ran out but have more on the way so it will be covered soon.

20130430_100856_zps372a5e13.jpg

One of my pet peeves with all these huge water-cooling case is they feel the need to put grommets for external loops which i find dumb as 90% of people with this case wont have an external loop. You would think it would be better for them to mod it for external then for us to mod for internal but whatever that's why were here we like to mod lol. So here's my fix for those gromments and also gave me some grommets for other things if I need them score.
20130430_085455_zpsd52e0af5.jpg

This again is a prototype it was a little big for my tastes so I made one a tad bit smaller.

Here is the finished one vinyled and glued down with hot glue I think I'm going to make up some case badge designs maybe 5 or 6 and send them to my vinyl guy and have them cut out of a flat purple and place them on this plate. we will see smile.gif. Anyway here it is.
20130430_111744_zpsb18ab30a.jpg

Sorry my galaxy likes to over saturate after I get my loop upgraded completely I will buy a better camera lol we have one but its so old my galaxy is better lol.

I cut the holes for the top rad with a dremmel and just extended them more than anything. A friend had my drill out of town I'm impatient lol but it kinda looks like the revised panel which i have one but the sent me gloss. Tried to paint it it matched the plastic but not the other metal so gave up and dremmeled holes. I did cut them a little too big the screw would fall right through but that's okay there will be fans holding it up so its fine.
20130429_212418_zps23a5df63.jpg

That is all for know I'm going to finish up these mods and make a few more throughout the week until my loop comes and get it cleaned up and ready to go.

nice build! looks great! 

I know I'm kinda backtracking a little.. but how do you like the HUE? I've been thinking of getting one.  Do you find it to be bright enough?

public static void main(String[] args){

System.out.println("Hello, World!");

}

nice build! looks great!

I know I'm kinda backtracking a little.. but how do you like the HUE? I've been thinking of getting one. Do you find it to be bright enough?

Thanks and yes I do I love it. I redid my build log as it was a mess but in the old one I had my thoughts on the hue. I went through many led strips and most weren't blue but more teal the hue is acutualy a deep blue and I can change it to white on the fly for changing parts or whatever. It is defiantly bright and beautiful I will never another type of leds again buy it you wil not be disapointed. Oh and as for brightness its a lot brighter than the picture looks but ita on the 4 brightness it has one more thays even brighter

Okay so I got a tracking number estimated delivery for 5/7/13 so tues my backplate ain't here so that sucks but what can I do lol.

Edit now it says expectd delivery on the 8 so idk what's goin on lol we will see

Okay guys just got off the phone with corsair about the rma for my old psu and the hardrives that it took with it and the status. They agreed indeed the psu fried my drives and offered to reimbursed. My drives were a few years old but they were i think about 80-90 new 500gb seagate barracudas they offered a reburisment of 120 dollars and a replaced psu. As we all know I have a new psu (which btw even though new egg boo booed I love the semi modular one i recieved and still no whine :)) so I asked if we could work something else out and said the money does me no good I will spend it on pc parts anyhow. I could have taken the money and bought new drives I currently have a 500gb western digital that I had form another build its chugging away fine for now. So I asked if I could get 2 8gb sticks of ddr3 1600mhz dominator plantium as I planned on buying some anyway. They agreed and even offered to send me a check for 20 dollars to make up the diffrence I told them that was alright just the ram was fine and they said it would be sent out today so Im happy. :)  Little unpleased with the time it took a month but still the best rma I have ever had just have to make sure you stay on them about it which I didnt really.      

looks good man love the build 

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

looks good man love the build 

thanks very much its a work in progress lol.

So status update water-cooling should be here wed i hope to have all done by wed night and pics up Thurs by the latest.

I don't know whats going on with my back plate :(, it should have been here by now I have pmed dwood still waiting for reply I really dont want to have to rip the loop apart to install it but thats life but maybe i can do it without taking the loop apart thoughts? his back-plates only have 4 screws so the other screws would still hod the block up i think.

Ram should be here this week I hope.

Any ideas of something cool to add or do that has or hasn't been done before let me know.

UPDATE: Whole Lot of Hot Air!

Okay so as the updates title suggests the one thing I was see people saying about having a top rad is hot air. The fact is heat rises you can try to change that with fans but IMO that's defying physics and shouldn't be done. The solution I see often thrown out is to turn your back fan inwards as intake so that it feeds fresh air into the rad as well as hot therefore the air isn't as hot going into the rad. With WC positive pressure is good more than bad as most of you probably know. So turn the fan in that's great but that only covers maybe half of the rad lets say for sake of argument that it covers the first 2 fans on the rad which is reaching its probably like 1.5 at most. now figure you have a 3 x 140 rad 1.5 to 1 fan are still pulling hot air. The switch has a particular harder case of this as that plate blocks the rad to a point thus why every SE except mine it seems has holes in that plate otherwise you not only have a rad struggling for air but hot air as well. So I devised a way to kill 3 birds with one stone.

I have completely removed that plate some say that it adds stability so its a bad idea to do. But IMO stabilty is still made with the bottom plate for the drives and my case is as stable as it was with it. Also I will have a bay rez in there as well that will also add stability.

20130502_125613_zps6504d08d.jpg   

So now there's 1 problem down the rad will not be suffocated by that plate. The next piece is 2 more issues down. The hot swap bay is awesome in the switch and i plan to use it to fill the front and bottom fan mounts with rads so no drive bays. I will only have 1 hdd anyway and then ssd's and you seen where the ssd's are so the mech will go in the bay. The only thing I don't like about the hot swap is the plastic bay cover with tiny slits without out air being puled through what is the point of that air is just suppose to magically seep through those small slits and around the drive. This may not be such an issue with a open drive bay behind it but mine will be enclosed thus an issue. Also there's while the suffocating is fixed there is still the issue of hot air both fixed now with these.

20130506_101422_zpsad5c0563.jpg?t=136786

These will allow not the hard drive to have more air pulled past it but constant fresh air into the rad. I plan to make a second cover for the back of the bays that will go up to the top of the rad and make a seal so that the fan above the bays will suck air straight through the bays thus fresh air it will in turn suck air around both the pumps (when i get twin d5 rez) and the hard drive. And if I say so myself look darn good doing it. The foam on the bottom is a dust filter that accompanied these bay covers I pulled them form an old case I had in the shed lol anyone guess what case.

Here they are installed.

20130506_102102_zps65e38d6c.jpg?t=136786 

In the center i will have the xspc pump rez with a matte black custom cut front panel here is the logo to be cut into it.

shadowlogo_zpsae27ee3c.png?t=1367862829

The black will be cut out and lit up by leds in the rez.

Even though it is off topic here lol I trimmed the window in vinyl eventually I will need to replace the window as it is hella scratched from being off so much I did it to this one to see how it would look here it is.

20130504_182451_zps3a2ce730.jpg?t=136786

20130506_102115_zpsdf46d7aa.jpg?t=136786

Okay so I'm going to hunt for some awesome ideas today and tomorrow and get the case clean for water cooling wed. If i come up with some cool idea and do it Ill be sure to update if not than update will be for water on wed or thurs.

I need ideas guys im racking my brain and build lgs lol for something cool and cant think of anything IDEAS IDEAS gimme some

Dat window, awesome Switch mate :)

thank you can't wait for water tomorow getting all preped at the moment cleaning ect.

still waiting for fed ex for the loop I called them they said within the next few hours so hopefully very soon. :) 

Okay got the loop had a leak so be dealing with that it was leaking inbetween my rad and a 90 so figured it was the 90 so I tried a new ring still leaked so I swaped the 90 with monsson (swicthed places I mean) and then the monsoon leaked lol needless to say fault was in the rad I dint know what's causing it buy after trying many things stumbled across a thread where someone else had the problem followed the steps there mainly used 2 orings and it appears to be fine now so ill get pics up asap

Coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the finished product.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-