Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nuclear465

weird behaviour after windows update

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello.

So a few days ago i decided to finally update windows with the creator fall update, and my windows after the update started to behave a little strange.

1st. It does not shutdown when ordered to, using the normal means. I have to push and hold the button for it to shutdown.

2nd. when i turn it on, it takes too long to establish a network connection. Something like 2 minutes, sometimes longer.

Can you guys help me ?

Best regards and thanks in advance.

That's just Windows 10 being what it is. The Creators Update is literally Satan's spawn.

MSI GT62VR 6RE : CPU i7 6700HQ Display 1080p G-sync IPS RAM 32 Gigs DDR4 GPU GTX 1070 Storage 256gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb HDD

Oi m8 quote me if you want me to notice

52 minutes ago, nuclear465 said:

Hello.

So a few days ago i decided to finally update windows with the creator fall update, and my windows after the update started to behave a little strange.

1st. It does not shutdown when ordered to, using the normal means. I have to push and hold the button for it to shutdown.

2nd. when i turn it on, it takes too long to establish a network connection. Something like 2 minutes, sometimes longer.

Can you guys help me ?

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Seems rather odd, for the wireless, maybe try going into device manager and updating the drivers for your wireless device. If not then try a reinstall.

The shutdown thing does seem rather odd though.

I personally had tried so hard to delay the update until after 1 month of success it forced itself onto my computer.

46 minutes ago, Generallee said:

That's just Windows 10 being what it is. The Creators Update is literally Satan's spawn.

I agree, damn forced updates.

WARNING: I AM PRONE TO TYPOS, BE AWARE.

DAILY DRIVER

CPU: i5 6500 MOBO: Asrock Fatal1ty H170 D3 RAM: 16 GB Kingston DDR3L 

GPUS: 2x Sapphire 4GB R9 380 NITRO CASE: Deepcool Tesseract BF ATX STORAGE: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB, WD Blue 7200 RPM, WD Black 1TB, WD Green 2 TB, 1TB HDD, Hitachi 7200 RPM 1TB HDD PSU: Cooler master GX750 CPU COOLER: Corsair Hydro H55

COST: AUD $1450

PORTABLE LAPTOP

CPU: Intel i3 7100U RAM: 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM GRAPHICS: Intel HD Graphics 620 STORAGE: 128 GB M.2 Samsung SSD

1 hour ago, nuclear465 said:

I have this problem too. Usually have to wait a bit or fix network connection... I updated drivers.
Or maybe it's the fault of your web browser - I had this problem in Opera - had to wait some time before I could start to use it. But then I turned off the synchronization and it helped.

windows key + R , type services.msc, scroll down to the very bottom and look for "Windows Update", double click, set it to disabled, click stop and click apply. live happily ever after.