What should i buy a Gaming laptop or a Gaming self build desktop?

I am 14 years old and im not done with school and I want a gaming pc and in school i need a pc so what should i buy a desktop or laptop

1 minute ago, Gandalf Hellcase.com said:

I am 14 years old and im not done with school and I want a gaming pc and in school i need a pc so what should i buy a desktop or laptop

Desktop.  Much cheaper and generally better performance. 

Mainly depends on what are you doing with it and on your budget.

Especially for long sessions of gaming a desktop is required since it has a better airflow between components, also prices for components are pretty good, even though GPU and RAM prices are kinda high right now.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

this highly depends on what you need to use the system for. if you need it in school, you definitely want a laptop, but if you can do your schoolwark on it when you get hoe, a desktop delivers better price to performance.

Desktops are much cheaper

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 hour ago, Gandalf Hellcase.com said:

you need to use it at school? get a laptop

Spoiler

1 hour ago, GlynDavies said:

Desktop.  Much cheaper and generally better performance. 

Yeah but I need at school

30 minutes ago, sicily428 said:

you need to use it at school? get a laptop

ok but i have check out 2 laptops but I dont know which to choose I am what if u are a pc gamer a noobie cuz right now I got a old laptop that and this not funny i will only connect to my home wifi but not the school wifi but can u help me with this decision please

I will but the links 4 the 2 laptops down below

https://www.elgiganten.dk/product/pc-tablets/barbar-computer/MSIGL627RD049/msi-gl62m-7rd-049ne-15-6-gamer-pc

https://www.elgiganten.dk/product/pc-tablets/barbar-computer/LE80WK00REMX/lenovo-legion-y520-15-6-gaming-barbar-sort

Just text me with your answer 

52 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

Desktops are much cheaper

But i need it 4 school I am only 14 I am only in 8th grade

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

this highly depends on what you need to use the system for. if you need it in school, you definitely want a laptop, but if you can do your schoolwark on it when you get hoe, a desktop delivers better price to performance.

But I need it at school u know math word all that kinda stuff a desktop is not that portable and I ride my bicycle at summer and in the winter i take the bus

2 minutes ago, Gandalf Hellcase.com said:

You're gonna bring a rather expensive gaming laptop with you to school in 8th grade ? You're gonna get robbed, I can guarantee that.

1 minute ago, Gandalf Hellcase.com said:

But I need it at school u know math word all that kinda stuff a desktop is not that portable and I ride my bicycle at summer and in the winter i take the bus

it seems like you already know your answer then. if you need it at school, a desktop is definitely out of the question.

1 hour ago, R3ep3r said:

Mainly depends on what are you doing with it and on your budget.

Especially for long sessions of gaming a desktop is required since it has a better airflow between components, also prices for components are pretty good, even though GPU and RAM prices are kinda high right now.

yes i got a budget that lies around at 10k dkk. so but in my spare time I game and i need it 4 school and game it have to be an all around pc

2 minutes ago, Generallee said:

You're gonna bring a rather expensive gaming laptop with you to school in 8th grade ? You're gonna get robbed, I can guarantee that.

maybe but it's in DK= Denmark

7 minutes ago, Gandalf Hellcase.com said:

How much money do you plan on spending? If it's around 200 USD (~1200 DKK), then a refurbished HP ProBook 6470b would be a good choice. It might not be a very good gaming laptop for things more demanding than GTA 5 or Fallout 4, but it'll get lots of things done.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 minute ago, thegreengamers said:

How much money do you plan on spending? If it's around 200 USD, then a refurbished HP ProBook 6470b would be a good choice. It might not be a very good gaming laptop for things more demanding than GTA 5 or Fallout 4, but it'll get lots of things done.

I got 10k DKK and I mostly play War thunder

Honestly I would get a $200-$300 chromebook for taking to school, and then build yourself a nice gaming desktop for home (or get a gaming desktop prebuilt like an Alienware, HP Omen, Dell, etc.). Like others have said, it's not practical to take an  expensive gaming laptop to and from school everyday. If it doesn't get stolen, you're still dealing with a bulky, loud laptop with poor battery life.

Get the bare-minimum laptop you need for high school since you'll want to upgrade the laptop in 4 years if you need one for college. Then spend the rest of the money you were going to spend on building a nice gaming desktop which should last you much longer be much more powerful than what you would get from a laptop at the same price.

1 hour ago, GordanFr33man said:

Honestly I would get a $200-$300 chromebook for taking to school, and then build yourself a nice gaming desktop for home (or get a gaming desktop prebuilt like an Alienware, HP Omen, Dell, etc.). Like others have said, it's not practical to take an  expensive gaming laptop to and from school everyday. If it doesn't get stolen, you're still dealing with a bulky, loud laptop with poor battery life.

Get the bare-minimum laptop you need for high school since you'll want to upgrade the laptop in 4 years if you need one for college. Then spend the rest of the money you were going to spend on building a nice gaming desktop which should last you much longer be much more powerful than what you would get from a laptop at the same price.

Thanks 4 the wice words but a chromebook is not acceptet cuz the school I am going to is a school where u need windows or linux macbook etc. and u cant download any programs on a chromebook and i know cuz the  school im on now rent out chromebooks until u swutch school. And as my "wice" dad says it will be more smart to buy a laptop that also is able to run some games instead of having 2 pc and than when u are done with school than u just got an desktop leing around but I want a desktop but it is not as portable as a laptop that can also run some games and im not going to buy a 10k us$ laptop cuz im from Denmark and i found a gaming laptop to around 5k DKK and that is not cheap after the fact that when u buy a laptop as soon as u unbox it it is worthless cuz than the company u bought it from has alredy developt some thing new.

PS. 

sorry about the gramma im what they call "Wordblind"

14 hours ago, Gandalf Hellcase.com said:

Self explained, you want to avoid the hassle with school setting you on their DNS if they offer to sell you a school PC. Instead buy a laptop with "decent" preformance in the games you like. Unless you want to carry a desktop to school everyday that is.

7 hours ago, AbsoluteFool said:

Self explained, you want to avoid the hassle with school setting you on their DNS if they offer to sell you a school PC. Instead buy a laptop with "decent" preformance in the games you like. Unless you want to carry a desktop to school everyday that is.

Nono the lent me a chromebook until springbreak but at home I got an acer aspire i have send a photo of it with this mail and it is a pieace of S""" and I have found 2 laptops that can game an get uset 4 school

https://www.elgiganten.dk/product/pc-tablets/barbar-computer/MSIGL627RD049/msi-gl62m-7rd-049ne-15-6-gamer-pc

https://www.elgiganten.dk/product/pc-tablets/barbar-computer/LE80WK00REMX/lenovo-legion-y520-15-6-gaming-barbar-sort

Can u please look at the 2 laptops and help meto choose the game I wanna play is war thunder

Acer_aspire_4930G.jpg

The first link didn't come through, but the Lenovo Y520 and the MSI GL62M are both good choices. The GTX 1050 will easily play War Thunder at 1080p. I woiuld make sure you get a laptop with a solid state hard drive (SSD), it will make the laptop feel so much faster when doing schoolwork and web browsing. You will want a 256GB SSD or larger. It looks like the Lenovo Y520 you linked doesn't have a a SSD, it has a slower 1 TB HDD. I would go with the MSI GL62M if it is the one with a 256GB SSD.  

On 23/2/2018 at 2:36 PM, GordanFr33man said:

The first link didn't come through, but the Lenovo Y520 and the MSI GL62M are both good choices. The GTX 1050 will easily play War Thunder at 1080p. I woiuld make sure you get a laptop with a solid state hard drive (SSD), it will make the laptop feel so much faster when doing schoolwork and web browsing. You will want a 256GB SSD or larger. It looks like the Lenovo Y520 you linked doesn't have a a SSD, it has a slower 1 TB HDD. I would go with the MSI GL62M if it is the one with a 256GB SSD.  

alright thanks Gordan 4 your good advices