MSI AG32C advertised as 1ms VA panel. Is it true?

Gdourado

Hello, 

was looking at monitors and saw the MSI AG32C.
Granted it is only 1080p, but msi advertises the monitor on their site as a 1ms VA panel. 
Is that true?
I thought there were no 1ms capable VA panels.
If the msi is indeed 1ms, then it probably won't suffer from ghosting or smearing.
Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers

Response times have no standardised measurement. MSI may well have tested and got 1ms, but that doesn't mean the response time is actually 1ms, it's just what MSI got with their testing method. 

It's 1ms MPRT not GTG. MPRT is pixel visibility time and GTG is pixel response time.

If you don't know what those terms mean, you can learn more about it here:

https://www.blurbusters.com/blur-busters-law-amazing-journey-to-future-1000hz-displays-with-blurfree-sample-and-hold/

also, I can't find a single worthwhile review to look at so can't really tell how it will perform irl just on paper which doesn't really mean much to me.

To add that obnoxious ghosting/smearing isn't an issue anymore, I used to test ghosting/smearing on a Wikipedia page with a table that had red and green cells. I would scroll up and down the table and see yellow banding where there was a red then green cell and the less yellow I saw, the better. I've not seen any amount of yellow in years with any monitor I've tested (admittedly, not a whole ton of monitors, but enough of a sample size to convince me)