SlideNJoy is *A SCAM* and Linus and team need to take down their review video

guys this started at the beggining of 2015. kickstarter backers like me already understand we got played.

now on the kickstarted backers comment section its all "when is delivery date" or "give refund" or very angry and sometimes creative frustration letout (which i enjoy reading).

we are coming to the end of 2019. everyone can do their own math with all those promises and things that happened in the past 5 years.

image.png.02df5e4d0851ce9c49798ee564dd4bf8.png

• 3 weeks later...

Today I was struggling with video editing, sitting on the couch with my laptop. I thought it would be so nice to just have 2 more screens on either side. Then I was like, I should invent that! Then I was like, wait... Every great idea I've had has already been done. I looked around and found slidenjoy. Sold! I thought. I tried to find reviews before buying and that led me to the complaints on this forum and on kickstarter.

I watched slidenjoys last update on kickstarter, they mentioned China. I thought, maybe China has already copied slidenjoy while they drag feet and annoy everyone. I haven't yet found the exact slidenjoy copy yet but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

But even if it doesn't exist yet (it's only a matter of time), AliBaba has everything you need to make your own slidenjoy.

Make your own slidenjoy people!

As soon as I get some time I am buying 2 of the screens below and then I need to figure out how to attach them to the back of my laptop screen which is not rocket science and I think with a bit of trial and error I will be able to come up with something the same or even better then slidenjoy. I might even start trying to sell them if I nail my own prototype. But even if I don't do this, I encourage all of you to try and beat me to it. This is an awesome idea!

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/15-6-inch-IPS-screen-HD_60786607713.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normalList.152.5fb543445kVEBm

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/15-6-inch-4K-HDR-Ultra_62187379900.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normalList.164.5fb543445kVEBm

October 2019 (will this end....)

Btw, anyone got anything recently?

They have resurfaced again asking people to reconfirm their orders. I was still an amature back in 2015 and used my university email for backing. Now that I have long graduated and lost that email (the entire university domain is changed now) and there's no way for me to regain my supoosed "account" unless they decide to reply to my email/chat/comments/FB chat. Oh, did I mention that they disontinued their twitter account?

in KS recent update:

We have noticed that about 50 of you have changed your e-mail address or no longer have access to it. If you are in the case, we invite you to link your order to your new email address on the following link ? : https://yourslide.com/find-account/

Enter your information and it'll probably reject it (its been 100 years ago, of course it would). best option is to have your order ID to link it to your new email address, but surprise surprise, it must me in that long gone 4+ years old email (though I don't remember recieveing it, I probably recieved it after I lost access to that email)

I also found a "warning update" from them which made me super worried (update #61):

We would like to thank you for bringing in our attention that some active malicious websites are using our videos / photos and infringing our patents, trademarks, intellectual property and copyrights, in order to scam end users.

For the people who reprted to the FTC and such. Any updates?

Hi

I got an email today asking for confirmation of product specifications and the outstanding balance be paid

I confirmed they can F*** OFF.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the same email. I invited myself in Acoz (where the slidenjoy company is registered and only a 120km drive) to pick-up and pay cash for the two screens. I bet I don't get invited.

I got my email asking me to pay for the remaining balance, but I decided to see if other people got their units and see if any early reviews were out. Man am I glad I didnt just throw money down the drain. 

And after reading this forum I am shocked that @LinusTech hasn't responded to this with more details.

• 2 weeks later...

Just providing more evidence that this crap happened to me as well.FIH6osk.png

• 5 months later...

@LinusTech Do you have any news from the Slidenjoy founders? 

I'm starting research to this scam, as I'm a original backer myself and also a enthousiast of investigative journalism. 

They are still using your logo by the way: https://yourslide.com/press/

They have started a tcketing system on their website. I started of with a little summary of our contacts. Here my communication with them until last week....

Jérôme Charles replied 05/05/2020 08:21:26
Hello,

I had a meeting with the CEO and you will receive an update this week for sure. (you have maybe received this kind of message but I guarantee you will have more information this week, the situation in China was quite difficult that’s why we didn’t send the email before)

Thank you for your patience and confidence!

Sorry for the delay in responding

---
Gerben 2020-04-30 09:21:36(reply)

November 20, 2018
-          I read SlideNjoy is a scam, however I think this is an interesting prodcut, and as a startup from Belgium you can have some credits.
-          After a while of chatting, I ordered my 15” slide.

-          Pamela: The invoice is not correct, as the offer would be €349 (ex VAT), +free shipping, +2x 10% discount (different coupons), €60 deposit. à The slide should be € 282,69 + VAT (= €349-10% = 314.10 – 10% = 282,69); VAT 19% (that was what is on my invoice) = €53.71 (€282,69 * 19%); Total price €336.40 (282.69 + 53.71); Remaining balance: €276,40 (€336.40 - €60 deposit). This is never changed!!

December 21, 2018
-          Pamela: I contacted your company by chat. I have said the invoice is not correct, Pamela reacted with again an offer “Having expressed your intrest while were not yet a real product…”
-          This chat was my first anger for never having a working product!! 

July 16, 2019

-          Newsletter with a promotion code. I can order…again?

October 21/22, 2019: Chat
-          I clearly discussed that I will not pay, before I have a working product. I offered to pick it up in Acoz to pay directly.
-          Yotis his first reaction was: “We will be more than happy to have you in Acoz”.

December 21, 2019
-          After a few messages Jerome told me there is no stock in Acoz. But he also said he would speak to the ‘CEO’ to find a solution……………..(and never heard something back).

January 28, 2020:
-          newsletter: first units are out

April 28, 2020
-          Whoop! You created a ticketing system. Now you can follow up yourself what you promise

Just tell me if I lost €60,- in a scam, than I can leave this behind. If you keep telling to find a solution, I will keep contacting on a regulary base, having frustrations, not good for my health!!

---
Jérôme Charles 2020-04-29 23:43:20(reply)
Hello,

You should receive finally an update in a few days.

Thank you for your patience and confidence!

Sorry for the delay in responding

---
Gerben 2020-04-27 22:31:52(report)
Following or mailconversation from last November, I was wondering what the status of my ticket is? How are we managing that I receive the slide, and pay at delivery or afterwards....? And why is that mailconversation (just like all the others from the last two years) not in this ticketservice?

Support team

• 6 months later...

this is still a scam. It's November 2020, they are still "improving the product". Five fucking years and still improving the product. They do not respond to emails or refund requests. SOBs are conmen. Forced to sign up with the class action lawsuit with $50/person fee and 15% loss after the winning. Hope these karma catches up to these bastards.

• 2 months later...

Wow, sorry to hear guys. I had this same exact thing happen to me over 10 years ago but with $2K instead of just the $60 via a product called GScreen. It was supposed to be a multi screen laptop but reading through this thread it was almost exactly the same responses and time frame from the company that no longer obviously exists and never sent out a single one.