GTX 1080Ti Water Temps

Hey

I got a custom Loop With a GTX 1080Ti at 2.050 MHz Core and 6000MHz mem and a Ryzen 1700x at 4 GHz with 1.42 volts. My rad is an EK 360 PE with fans at 800 RPM.

My temps in idle are around 27 degrees and under load max of 53 degrees. Is that normal for a watercooled card?

Thanks!

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

Yes

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

8 minutes ago, joshuawi99 said:

My temps in idle are around 27 degrees and under load max of 53 degrees. Is that normal for a watercooled card?

Very much yes. It also seems like your room is fairly cool.

Expect these temps to rise just a bit during the hot months of the year.

---

Looking at your idle temps I would guess you room is around 20-23c. That being said I think you would benefit from either turning up your fans or adding more Rad space. The old rule of thumb use to be 120mm for every component plus 120mm for overclocking headroom. So going off that theory you have enough rad space, but both the gpu and cpu you are using put out a low of watts of heat. I would want 480mm of rad space at the least. 

Overall 53c on your gpu isn't bad by any means, but I would be curious what your CPU temps are like to get a better feel for the efficiency of your system. Assuming your room temp is around the 20c mark, come a nice hot summer day where in door temps go up to 26-28c then that GPU's temps will break 60c. 

As a comparison my main system is running a 7700k at 5.2ghz. 2 evga 1080ti's. (I game at 4k from time to time). For my setup I am running a dual inline pump setup consisting of 2 ddc pumps for redundancy. I have 1 360mm rad, 1 240mm, and 1 280mm. I am also running 10 120mm vardar fans and 4 140mm ML fans (push pull on both rads).  Now my setup is different than most as I am running Swiftech 8 fan switches which allows me to plug it in to the motherboard and have the master fan be seen by the motherboard and since all the fans are the same it mirrors the speed exactly to the other fans. I have a water temp sensor which is reporting to my motherboard and then I am using my water temp to determine my fan speed.  My "lab" is climate controlled so temps are pretty much 68f (20c) year round. 

Now you might ask why I have my water temp determining my fan speed, well that is because I know what my Delta-T needs to be for my temps to be nice and chilly for all my components. I also know that the 7700k I am running has 20-30c temp spikes regardless of cooling solution due to how the architecture on it is.  So this keeps my pump and fan speeds from ramping up and down constantly as the cpu changes states.

3 hours ago, joshuawi99 said:

Hey

I got a custom Loop With a GTX 1080Ti at 2.050 MHz Core and 6000MHz mem and a Ryzen 1700x at 4 GHz with 1.42 volts. My rad is an EK 360 PE with fans at 800 RPM.

Thanks!

Yes

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42" 

14 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Looking at your idle temps I would guess you room is around 20-23c. That being said I think you would benefit from either turning up your fans or adding more Rad space. The old rule of thumb use to be 120mm for every component plus 120mm for overclocking headroom. So going off that theory you have enough rad space, but both the gpu and cpu you are using put out a low of watts of heat. I would want 480mm of rad space at the least. 

Overall 53c on your gpu isn't bad by any means, but I would be curious what your CPU temps are like to get a better feel for the efficiency of your system. Assuming your room temp is around the 20c mark, come a nice hot summer day where in door temps go up to 26-28c then that GPU's temps will break 60c. 

As a comparison my main system is running a 7700k at 5.2ghz. 2 evga 1080ti's. (I game at 4k from time to time). For my setup I am running a dual inline pump setup consisting of 2 ddc pumps for redundancy. I have 1 360mm rad, 1 240mm, and 1 280mm. I am also running 10 120mm vardar fans and 4 140mm ML fans (push pull on both rads).  Now my setup is different than most as I am running Swiftech 8 fan switches which allows me to plug it in to the motherboard and have the master fan be seen by the motherboard and since all the fans are the same it mirrors the speed exactly to the other fans. I have a water temp sensor which is reporting to my motherboard and then I am using my water temp to determine my fan speed.  My "lab" is climate controlled so temps are pretty much 68f (20c) year round. 

Now you might ask why I have my water temp determining my fan speed, well that is because I know what my Delta-T needs to be for my temps to be nice and chilly for all my components. I also know that the 7700k I am running has 20-30c temp spikes regardless of cooling solution due to how the architecture on it is.  So this keeps my pump and fan speeds from ramping up and down constantly as the cpu changes states.

Thank you very much :)

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: