Monitor/gpu problem

Pak0

Hi!

After an installation of a new gpu (GTX 1060 6gb), I've been experiencing some technical issues. After doing lots of troubleshooting I do believe the issue here is in my monitor and I would like to know for sure, or if there is a way to fix the issue.

Pretty much what happens is, that when I install geforce drivers for my gpu, the monitor would change resolution as its supposed to, but then instead of turning back on it stays black and brings up a message saying ''mode not supported''.

The only ''fix''/workaround I have found working was to reinstall windows and install windows 7. Where the PC worked fine, but I noticed that the recomended resolution in geforce experiance would be way higher then the resolution of my monitor (which is 1920x1080). That has caused some issues when launching games and such. But after reinstalling back to win10 the issue is back.

The monitor is currently conncted via DVI cable. HDMI doesn't seem to work either. BIOS resolution is too big aswell, not sure if that has to do anything with this tho.

Probably good to point out, that the PC runs normaly after the screen goes black or after a restart, monitor just doesn't display anything.

The monitor I'm using is SAMSUNG SyncMaster P2270HD, which is a TV/monitor.

Other specs:
- CPU: AMD FX-8350
- Mother board: Sabertooth 990FX
- PSU: LC8750 V2.2

Other info:
- PC boots into safe mode after drivers are intalled
- I've tried using DDU 
- I've tried using older drivers and drivers from GPUs DVD

- I've installed BIOS drivers

- I've tried installing monitor driver

- I've tried changing the resolution in windows after the screen goes black

Any ideas on how to possibly fix this are welcome.

Well, your PSU is shit too, so I wouldn't assume that your monitor is the only problem here.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro