PrimoChill Vue UV Sky Blue - 24/7 use.

loony979
1 hour ago, dis_playname said:

Any idea what could be in primochill vue? They claimed it to be non-toxic, but said nothing about what's actually in it. I'm currently using it right now but I feel like I need to get rid of it asap, there is a lot of build up in my loop just like the photos they showed. I'll probably post some photos when I'm tearing the loop apart, but I was wondering if it's actually safe to just dump vue into the drain and whether it is toxic, it looks pretty nasty right now... Thank you

Clean you loop immediatly. The longer you wait to worse its going to get and the harder to clean it will become. I always advise people to avoid Vue like the plague, it can destroy a loop. I dont mean in terms of phsycia l damage, but it can make parts unusuable, which is far a m conserned means they are destroyed. Rads in particular are a nightmare to get clean once Vue has started breaking down.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Unless you really want to die stuff...still probably good and preventative and old school to run 5-10% Glycol. always what I've done.  

9 hours ago, dis_playname said:

Any idea what could be in primochill vue? They claimed it to be non-toxic, but said nothing about what's actually in it. I'm currently using it right now but I feel like I need to get rid of it asap, there is a lot of build up in my loop just like the photos they showed. I'll probably post some photos when I'm tearing the loop apart, but I was wondering if it's actually safe to just dump vue into the drain and whether it is toxic, it looks pretty nasty right now... Thank you

It is 14% unicorn dust ("proprietary"). They claim it is "non-toxic" but they also recommend to not drink it and also seek medical help if it gets onto mucous membrane (I think, remembering off the top of my head).

Practice standard caution. But it is hard to say from documentation what is the best way. It likely contains titanium compounds and so....yeah probably best not down the sink. I have no idea what to suggest.

You can probably put it down the drain and the police won't be knocking on the door, but it is most probably not good for the environment.

6.3. Methods and material for containment and cleaning up
For containment : Contain released substance, pump into suitable containers.
Methods for cleaning up : This material and its container must be disposed of in a safe way, and as perlocal legislation.

Yep im totally happy in my choice to use Mayhems Patel Uv White - not that i use the Uv but the white is so good.

glad i didn't take the hype train on this, there is no way i would be able to use this and game here in the heat of Summer in Australia.

All i need to do i get these pass-thu's in the system and ill be happy. Just need to get the drill bit for it. and be very gentle lolz.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

• 5 weeks later...

I preordered this stuff and noticed all the warnings going up.

i pulled my order a mate of mine didn’t. It lasted 48 hours before it started gunking up the loop.

took nearly 3 hours just cleaning it all out. That was in December. He paid extra to ship it here from the USA since it wasn’t for sale here.

I just did what I do for my systems, d5 at max speed, drain on pump outlet. No dead spots in the loop design. Rip out the cpu jet plate. Install aurora 2 silver so it’s clear pick a mayhem’s dye he wanted blue and it looks like vue without the bs instructions.

aurora 2 is half the size of aurora 1. I get 8 months out of mine before the effect falls out about 70%. He so far 5 months in no fluid issues, and for $6 he has aurora booster has lost about 30% of the effect and a few drops out of the bottle restores it for a few more months.

ive been using aurora on my loops for years and the odd pastel when I want something different. Do a complete change and clean out every 12months. The particles stick to things yes but it cleans out easy. A few water flushes gets most of it out. It certainly doesn’t gunk things up or clog things. Mayhem’s has a great product aurora 3 is around the corner. 

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

• 4 weeks later...

I made the vue mistake too :( 

Picture of the full pc is 7 days old. The picture of the tube and the GPU block are from just 6 days of usage :( 

IMG_20180517_122616.jpg

IMG_20180430_161907 (1).jpg

IMG-20180516-WA0003.jpg

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

Stay away from Vue, unless you think you can get lucky and it somehow doesn't make a huge mess of your system by falling out and gunking up your parts... then you have to worry about degradation of your parts. Vue is a very abrasive coolant and will deteriorate your stuff in a matter of months before it's problematic. Vue was SO cool and I really wanted that effect, but like 90% of people, even though I cleaned my system thoroughly before putting it in, it still deteriorated and gunked up everything in the loop within the first week.

WARNING: STAY AWAY (for now) I'm still on the lookout for a better alternative.

20180306_235204936_iOS.jpg

Distilled water, anti-microbial, and some dye ftw!

R7 5800x -:- Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming -:- EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3080 -:- EVGA 850 GA -:- 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo  -:- Asus TUF GT501

It started gunking up my loop after 2 days and changed from sterling silver to a dull blue. 

PrimoChill just sent me two more bottles, and two bottles of a newer cleaning / prep fluid to run to try and get Vue to work in my loop. 

They said to clean the gunk out, run dw with Dawn dish soap for a few hours with the loop hot /warm then flush, refill and add the new cleaning fluid for a day, flush again, dry, then refill with Vue and hope for a miracle. 

I'll try it this weekend. 

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

7A03E5CC-1EF7-415A-A78B-56E117A04536.jpeg

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

On 3/23/2018 at 5:18 AM, dis_playname said:

Yes it can be poured down the drain, You can add water to it before pouring it down the drain if you want to be on the safe side. It is Biodegradable.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon