PrimoChill Vue UV Sky Blue - 24/7 use.

loony979

Im about to change out my coolant that has been in my system for just over a yr now eep i know.

i wish to use "PrimoChill Vue Pre-Mixed Coolant 32oz - UV Sky Blue SX"

But they state that it's not recommended to use if your system runs 24/7 .

So my question is why ? & will it hurt anything really - like at the moment im using EK Green Pastel.

24/7 (that i can't find any more) and it's been all fine no issues .

Thanks Again. Kind regards

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Just now, loony979 said:

-

It falls out (for some people). If you want to risk it sure, but if I were you, I'd stick to pastels if you want opaque fluid.

It falls out ! really omg ill have to youtube that haha. Right so stay clear of promochill for me done. Thanks.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

22 minutes ago, loony979 said:

It falls out ! really omg ill have to youtube that haha. Right so stay clear of promochill for me done. Thanks.

This is a good resource. Basically a huge mixed bag of reception, but overall people seem rather worried (although it is true that people with problems are likely to post compared to people with no problems) http://www.overclock.net/forum/61-water-cooling/1642095-primochill-vue-coolant-users-club-77.html

You know what im gonna get it .just seen Jayztwocents vid on his and um im sold. done. the "falling out" part didn't seem at all an issue for me. so im getting it. But thanks for the info. @least if it does happen i know what's the go. and can swap it out at a later date.

12 minutes ago, loony979 said:

You know what im gonna get it .just seen Jayztwocents vid on his and um im sold. done. the "falling out" part didn't seem at all an issue for me. so im getting it. But thanks for the info. @least if it does happen i know what's the go. and can swap it out at a later date.

Your loss. Jay seems to be the only person who seems incredibly positive about the Vue. Anyone who used pastel in the past has gotten wrecked by the Vue. Some people are even getting corroded blocks. Jay describes this as "cleaning" which is exactly the same as "taking layers off".

If you're still pushing ahead, at least do  the following.

- Drain the loop

- Open all your blocks

- Wash and scrub each block manually

- Wash the radiators very VERY well

- Reconstruct loop

- Fill with distilled water + system reboot

- Run for 2-3 days

- Drain loop

- Dissassemble loop

- Wash blocks and radiators with distilled water

- Completely dry blocks and radiator

- Reassemble loop

- Fill with vue, slowly (no air allowed)

- run loop for only 8 hours max per day, slow pump speed, preferably hot liquid temperatures.

This is the absolute minimum that you must do to even have a chance with the Vue. Just look through the overclock thread and basically everybody who has not done this with a pre-existing loop has gotten rekt. Pastels in particular causes big issues and even after doing the above, some have had issues (presumably due to the fact you cannot clean the radiator completely).

If you do decide to get it, please post here the results, more data points , the better for the community.

Yay more guinea pigs :D Though in all seriousness this appears to be a tricky, more show-like fluid and not really a daily use fluid. I really hope it works out for you though. Do what @For Science! (such an applicable name for this thread) said and please do report back on results.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

This i shall do. i srsly don't think there is going to be much of an issue. As in the fluid looks thic - tho so did pastel. im not 100% sure on how this all works for this effect nor do i care as long as it works im happy.

but im sure they did the testing on it. a very well put clean out is always done on my system. Lets face it we don't hand out all this money for a great set up to have it filled with gunk and dust and crip crop.

thee only thing is when i clean it out it takes me a full day so i know it's all done 100% not only the loop the rads cleaned and fans dust. filters exc.

And im getting some new LED's white so it stands out more. Anyway glad to be a guinea pig. Cheers guys.

26 minutes ago, loony979 said:

-

Mayhems/EK Pastel (they are the same thing) is a completely different product with the Vue. You cannot extrapolate the success of one fluid to another at all. In your case, because you have used pastel, your chances of success with the Vue are much much lower. Primochill evidently did not do sufficient testing on this product release since more and more incompatibilities get added on to the warning list.

Collection of horror stories. Although there are those who succeeded too. But given all the chances of the nasty stuff.

Spoiler

AfuQ8Bql.jpg

15 hours ago, Voxels-Box said:

So I started flushing the loop, and the damage looks worse than I anticipated. Can anyone tell me what the extent of it is? To me, it looks like the nickel coating in some areas has been stripped, or corroded, or something. Am I just imagining that?  My current plan is to flush more while running stress tests to heat up the fluid, and then Ill disassemble the entire loop and take apart the blocks.  Any advice?IMG_0567.thumb.jpg.d56628f844afb0383a0d0ea95658497b.jpgIMG_0569.thumb.jpg.ec68796b84f2b81a11fd643deb0fbaa9.jpgIMG_0566.thumb.jpg.98628e348fd2a0739baf28d71613e477.jpgIMG_0568.thumb.jpg.5482a14ca72208b7502d209070fa3b60.jpg

On 12/11/2017 at 3:38 AM, Boodaddy said:

Hey Guys

I got some Primochill Vue & some System Reboot a few days ago, and I am having some major issues. The issue I am having is it's settling in my tubes and reservoir. I used system reboot before adding the fluid. I also flushed the system multiple times with distilled water before adding the vue. My GPU block is also looking bad from particle build up. Have no clue why this is happening. I emailed Primochill support to see what they say. Maybe I got a bad batch? Never had this happen before.

Waterblock & Specs

EK-FC980 GTX Ti WF3 - Nickel

RAD: Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480mm

RES: Pacific T33 Reservoir

Pacific W2 CPU Water Block

Pacific P1 Black D5 Pump

Fittings

Pacific G1 fittings (Copper)

Tee

Alphacool Connection Terminal (Brass)

Extension
EK-AF Extender (Brass)

Appreciate any help or advice you can offer.

I appreciate your time,

Thanks

God Bless!!

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

On 1/10/2018 at 8:26 AM, emberblink said:

yea it was VUE. I used reboot as per their instructions but VUE still failed in under 5 days for me. I'm not the only one that has happened too. Had to drain and  blitz and flush the loop. Currently i'm just running clear Utopia. I'm looking at Cryo chill fluid, waiting on some friends on discord who is testing that out before i order any.

You seem to be pretty set on doing it, lets hope you don't end up as just another statistical data point.

1 hour ago, loony979 said:

This i shall do. i srsly don't think there is going to be much of an issue. As in the fluid looks thic - tho so did pastel. im not 100% sure on how this all works for this effect nor do i care as long as it works im happy.

but im sure they did the testing on it. a very well put clean out is always done on my system. Lets face it we don't hand out all this money for a great set up to have it filled with gunk and dust and crip crop.

thee only thing is when i clean it out it takes me a full day so i know it's all done 100% not only the loop the rads cleaned and fans dust. filters exc.

And im getting some new LED's white so it stands out more. Anyway glad to be a guinea pig. Cheers guys.

It seems to be the case though :P

That's the spirit.

This seems relevant here as well.

On 1/5/2018 at 7:32 PM, Revan654 said:

It was not tested long enough and they rushed it to market. Mayhems aurora 3 has been in testing for years and it's still hasn't been released. I don't think Vue had that much R&D time before it was released.

There are other companies now offering coolants similar to Aurora and Vue.

That being said, there is of course no better way to test it and to iron out the kinks by people actually using it. So good thing you're going for it! I'm still debating myself as well. Just be sure to follow the instructions closely :) Looking forward to the results.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

7 hours ago, tikker said:

That being said, there is of course no better way to test it and to iron out the kinks by people actually using it. So good thing you're going for it! I'm still debating myself as well. Just be sure to follow the instructions closely :) Looking forward to the results.

The customers shouldn't have to test the coolant. That's the job of PrimoChill. It also doesn't help that PrimoChill keeps updating the instructions ever few weeks with even more steps. Which were completely missing from first wave of orders.

Then add on top of that the it went from 6 months to 4 to around 3 months before you have to drain the system. Plus you can only have your PC running up to 6 to 7 hours a day for the coolant to work correctly.

You even now have warning about it having strange chemicals reaction to brass fittings. Which is what 90% of all fittings out there is made from.

10 hours ago, loony979 said:

Im about to change out my coolant that has been in my system for just over a yr now eep i know.

i wish to use "PrimoChill Vue Pre-Mixed Coolant 32oz - UV Sky Blue SX"

But they state that it's not recommended to use if your system runs 24/7 .

So my question is why ? & will it hurt anything really - like at the moment im using EK Green Pastel.

24/7 (that i can't find any more) and it's been all fine no issues .

Thanks Again. Kind regards

It's due to the micro particles, They have to reform or something on those lines. running it in the system 24/7 will reduce the system life of the coolant to only one month(Stated by PrimoChill). The coolant was rushed to market and was not properly tested. You even have pro builders stating not to use the coolant.

There post upon post showing how bad the coolant is. Even in brand new system and following the guide word by word people are still having problems. Just stay away from this Junk. Mayhem is working on something Similar which can be used daily(bit different then there aurora series due to chemicals being much different), which been in R&D for close to five years. They showed a preview of the coolant awhile back and it looks promising. PrimoChill Vue was only in development & testing for 8 months.

Pastel does not get along with Vue, You have to get ever last drop of it out of your system before you can add Vue.

Nv27Mayl.jpg

AfuQ8Bql.jpg

2VcT8pnl.jpg

a few shots of issues that's appearing on the forums over the last few months, There allot more photos out there. Some issues are appearing only after one week of usage.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

The customers shouldn't have to test the coolant. That's the job of PrimoChill. It also doesn't help that PrimoChill keeps updating the instructions ever few weeks with even more steps. Which were completely missing from first wave of orders.

Then add on top of that the it went from 6 months to 4 to around 3 months before you have to drain the system. Plus you can only have your PC running up to 6 to 7 hours a day for the coolant to work correctly.

You even now have warning about it having strange chemicals reaction to brass fittings. Which is what 90% of all fittings out there is made from.

It's due to the micro particles, They have to reform or something on those lines. running it in the system 24/7 will reduce the system life of the coolant to only one month(Stated by PrimoChill). The coolant was rushed to market and was not properly tested. You even have pro builders stating not to use the coolant.

There post upon post showing how bad the coolant is. Even in brand new system and following the guide word by word people are still having problems. Just stay away from this Junk. Mayhem is working on something Similar which can be used daily(bit different then there aurora series due to chemicals being much different), which been in R&D for close to five years. They showed a preview of the coolant awhile back and it looks promising. PrimoChill Vue was only in development & testing for 8 months.

Pastel does not get along with Vue, You have to get ever last drop of it out of your system before you can add Vue.

<snip>

a few shots of issues that's appearing on the forums over the last few months, There allot more photos out there. Some issues are appearing only after one week of usage.

I agree that customers shouldn't be the test panel. Honestly I haven't really kept up with Vue's developments, but looking at the how-to list it's worse than I thought. It seems like anything apart from a perfectly non-fluid free, sealed loop causes it to disintegrate. I hope they're at least working on fixing it and that we'll not just end up with a "what not to" list.

I'll be waiting for Mayhem's practical Aurora then I guess.

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

I agree that customers shouldn't be the test panel. Honestly I haven't really kept up with Vue's developments, but looking at the how-to list it's worse than I thought. It seems like anything apart from a perfectly non-fluid free, sealed loop causes it to disintegrate. I hope they're at least working on fixing it and that we'll not just end up with a "what not to" list.

I'll be waiting for Mayhem's practical Aurora then I guess.

There is no word on updating the chemicals in the coolant. There a whole list of things that have to be done if the chemicals were updated, Specially in the US.

I'm sticking with Mayhems XT-1 Nuke for my Coolant. Plus it has a five year system life.

4 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

There is no word on updating the chemicals in the coolant. There a whole list of things that have to be done if the chemicals were updated, Specially in the US.

I'm sticking with Mayhems XT-1 Nuke for my Coolant. Plus it has a five year system life.

That's too bad, they should in my opinion. Releasing it as an everyday fluid and having it "degrade" to just another show fluid within a year is a shame.

It's just plain old colored water for me.

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

That's too bad, they should in my opinion. Releasing it as an everyday fluid and having it "degrade" to just another show fluid within a year is a shame.

It's just plain old colored water for me.

I'll take color water over possible issues with hardware any day.

44 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

It also doesn't help that PrimoChill keeps updating the instructions ever few weeks with even more steps. Which were completely missing from first wave of orders.

That was the thing that really bugged me about this whole debacle. I ordered on the day they announced preorders, and I read all the directions and warnings, and followed those closely. Only later did I learn that they added more warnings, the most important in my case is allowing all components to completely dry before adding Vue.  Where was the email or social media post warning people that they added new info?  Ive been talking to Primochill's support and they say that thats probably what caused my issues (shown above). Its also sad seeing my loop be an example of Vue horror stories, but hopefully itll help others avoid it.

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

2 hours ago, Voxels-Box said:

That was the thing that really bugged me about this whole debacle. I ordered on the day they announced preorders, and I read all the directions and warnings, and followed those closely. Only later did I learn that they added more warnings, the most important in my case is allowing all components to completely dry before adding Vue.  Where was the email or social media post warning people that they added new info?  Ive been talking to Primochill's support and they say that thats probably what caused my issues (shown above). Its also sad seeing my loop be an example of Vue horror stories, but hopefully itll help others avoid it.

I doubt they did it but in that situation they should have sent you new bottle of Vue. They should also bundle Reboot & system rep bottle with the coolant, Since it's required before adding Vue to the system.

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

I doubt they did it but in that situation they should have sent you new bottle of Vue. They should also bundle Reboot & system rep bottle with the coolant, Since it's required before adding Vue to the system.

They did offer to send me out some new Vue, though based on the damage done to my blocks, I opted for a True Clear concentrate instead, which theyre sending out. Im still working to find out if I can restore my blocks.

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

Update: i opted out from getting this - just way to much crip crop to it. i think it's safe to say that we all can wait a few yrs till they perfect it .

Not gonna test it now - no way. Moving on.

So now since ive had a lime green Pastel from EK running in my loop for over a year now ive got my self the EK 100ml Clear concentrate then ill add in the distilled water yarda yarda . run that for a few months - then um see if i want to get a dye or what ever then. i would of kept going with Pastel just no 1 is selling pastel - like why ? is it dead now ive had a fantastic run with it.

So yeah Promochill Out EK back In . it's on it's way with some new cool stuff as well . got some of this cool stuff:

2 EK ACF 10/13mm Compression Fitting Nickel

2 EK AF Pass-Through G1/4 Nickel

1 EK DuraClear 3/8ID 1/2OD Tubing 3m

1 EK CoolStream PE 120 Single Radiator

1 CableMod WideBeam Magnetic LED Strip White 60cm

1 EK CryoFuel Concentrate 100mL Coolant Clear

1 Bitspower Deluxe 5mm Heatshrink - Black 2mtrs

2 Bitspower Deluxe 1/16in Cable Sleeve - Black 1mtr

Total: $184.50

2 minutes ago, loony979 said:

is it dead now 

EKs collaboration with Mayhems has ended. EK never made pastels, they just stuck their sticker on the Mayhems bottle.

So if you want pastel, buy Mayhems.

21 hours ago, loony979 said:

Update: i opted out from getting this - just way to much crip crop to it. i think it's safe to say that we all can wait a few yrs till they perfect it .

Not gonna test it now - no way. Moving on.

So now since ive had a lime green Pastel from EK running in my loop for over a year now ive got my self the EK 100ml Clear concentrate then ill add in the distilled water yarda yarda . run that for a few months - then um see if i want to get a dye or what ever then. i would of kept going with Pastel just no 1 is selling pastel - like why ? is it dead now ive had a fantastic run with it.

So yeah Promochill Out EK back In . it's on it's way with some new cool stuff as well . got some of this cool stuff:

2 EK ACF 10/13mm Compression Fitting Nickel

2 EK AF Pass-Through G1/4 Nickel

1 EK DuraClear 3/8ID 1/2OD Tubing 3m

1 EK CoolStream PE 120 Single Radiator

1 CableMod WideBeam Magnetic LED Strip White 60cm

1 EK CryoFuel Concentrate 100mL Coolant Clear

1 Bitspower Deluxe 5mm Heatshrink - Black 2mtrs

2 Bitspower Deluxe 1/16in Cable Sleeve - Black 1mtr

Total: $184.50

EK and Mayhem ended there partnership. If you want any of there previous coolant just buy Mayhem(It's the same thing). When EK introduced the Gaming series, They couldn't use Mayhem coolant since Mayhem coolant is designed for copper.

Should just use WaterCool(aka HeatKiller). Once you use there product everything else feels cheap. There new radiators will be released shortly as well.

Why are you going with 1/16 sleeving(1.5mm in metric)? If that's for PSU wires it's not ideal, Most CableCombs do not work with that size(There way to loose). You can't crimp the wire first and thread it through. The sleeving can not expand wide enough to allow the terminal to fit through. Just a heads up with that size of sleeving.

Most PSU Sleeving starts around 4mm to 6mm. Since your average 18 to 16 AWG wiring has an OD of 2mm or larger. MDPC-X is easiest to work and great some best sleeving around.

On 2/22/2018 at 5:56 PM, For Science! said:

EKs collaboration with Mayhems has ended. EK never made pastels, they just stuck their sticker on the Mayhems bottle.

So if you want pastel, buy Mayhems.

ohhh i see. right thanks for that info.

2 hours ago, Revan654 said:

-

Due to using that for another project - none pc related.

On 2/23/2018 at 2:49 AM, loony979 said:

Due to using that for another project - none pc related.

ok, I was going to say that 1.5mm is tiny when using it on 16 AWG wiring. It still possible(I've done a few cables with them, (mainly since I needed a extremely low profile sleeving), just have to do everything after you sleeve everything. You can also crimp the sleeving to the terminal if you have special winged terminals.

Bitspower is slightly on the expensive side of things for there sleeving when you compare it to others like DarkSide who makes sleeving around the same size.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 6:40 AM, For Science! said:

Mayhems/EK Pastel (they are the same thing) is a completely different product with the Vue. You cannot extrapolate the success of one fluid to another at all. In your case, because you have used pastel, your chances of success with the Vue are much much lower. Primochill evidently did not do sufficient testing on this product release since more and more incompatibilities get added on to the warning list.

Collection of horror stories. Although there are those who succeeded too. But given all the chances of the nasty stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

AfuQ8Bql.jpg

You seem to be pretty set on doing it, lets hope you don't end up as just another statistical data point.

Any idea what could be in primochill vue? They claimed it to be non-toxic, but said nothing about what's actually in it. I'm currently using it right now but I feel like I need to get rid of it asap, there is a lot of build up in my loop just like the photos they showed. I'll probably post some photos when I'm tearing the loop apart, but I was wondering if it's actually safe to just dump vue into the drain and whether it is toxic, it looks pretty nasty right now... Thank you