Recent spike in GPU temps

rohlr

Just wondering if anyone can give me any ideas as to whats wrong with my setup. For the past few months I've had no issues- my MSI GTX 1080 has remained ~70 degrees with fans on auto (60-65%) in my Define S with all the stock fans replaced with SW3 120mm fans @1000 rpm under gaming load. However, ever since last week I've noticed something that I am genuinely stumped on- my GPU is constantly sitting at 74 degrees with the auto fan curve running at 70-75% fanspeed, whilst gaming. I have no clue what might be wrong- I haven't changed anything in the system, there's no dust build up (cleaned it out the other day). I also don't think its an airflow problem because my CPU has remained just as cool as it previously was- its just the GPU temps that have increased. Would appreciate any possible ideas/suggestions, as I have no idea what is to blame.  

That's not much of a change. A difference in ambient temps could be the cause. 

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Anything else changes? Higher temps could mean there's more graphically intense things going on. You should run benchmark where you find if actual highest temps have changed. Though there being automatic fan curve and maybe you don't have previous reading, determinating what the cause might be is more difficult.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv