Saints row 2 FPS

Jackson Hens

Hey guys i have bought saints row 2 on steam and ive heard that it is very unoptimised and ive been playing it my fps is always below 30 sometimes it will hit 30 but when im driving i only get like 10fps is there anyway to fix this i could even run saints row the third better then this specs:intel core i3-2310m intel hd graphics 3000 and 8gb ddr3 ram

5 minutes ago, Jackson Hens said:

Hey guys i have bought saints row 2 on steam and ive heard that it is very unoptimised and ive been playing it my fps is always below 30 sometimes it will hit 30 but when im driving i only get like 10fps is there anyway to fix this i could even run saints row the third better then this specs:intel core i3-2310m intel hd graphics 3000 and 8gb ddr3 ram

Your PC just cannot handle this xD

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

20 minutes ago, joshuawi99 said:

This game is quite old, an Intel HD 3000 cannot handle Saints Row 3.

But I played Saints Row 2 one Intel HD 2000 with 4GB's of memory.

Got around 30FPS minimum.

Things you can try

1. Lowering the resolution
  2. Lowering quality settings
  3. Closing background programs
  4. Stopping other downloads/steam game updates

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

what settings is your game set to?

try setting eveything to the lowest, and reduce resolution (run at 720 on a 1080 screen for instance)

also do you have any programs running in the background? voip, streaming/recording etc or other apps?

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

I would also try installing the Gentleman of the Row mod (or something like that). It contains some fixes that could make the game run better.

The game is not optimized at all and running the base game smoothly is pure chance.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

18 hours ago, joshuawi99 said:

i have fixed the problem and it can it was only when i was driving i downloaded a patch and it works now lol

17 hours ago, DJ46 said:

I would also try installing the Gentleman of the Row mod (or something like that). It contains some fixes that could make the game run better.

The game is not optimized at all and running the base game smoothly is pure chance.

yes thats what i downloaded i fixed the problem it still stutters a bit sometimes but its mostly fixed thanks