Hisada

New at PC build

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys, 

Im planning to build a gaming pc so i was wondering are the specs ok for my current budget of $1900 SGD. I have this mix feeling of overclocking. So if i dont wish to overclock what parts do i need to change? Also im new at this overclocking. 

Screenshot_20180220-110501_01.jpg

What shops are these?

The 2nd option mobo isn't compatible.

Why WD Purple?

@herman mcpootis

BETA IS BACK! CLICK HERE!

I like PSUs. Feel free to ask me about PSU questions.

Helios: Intel Core™ i5-4460 | GA-B85M-D3H | 8GB DDR3-1333 -> 16GB DDR3-1333 | MSI R7 370 ARMOR | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Helios EVO: Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac | 16GB DDR4-3000 Team | AMD Radeon R9 Fury X | Define C TG | Corsair Certified Refurbished RM650x

@STRMfrmXMN's PSU Tier List | Don't buy the S12II/M12II | Avoid the EVGA G3

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, JDE said:

What shops are these?

The 2nd option mobo isn't compatible.

Why WD Purple?

@herman mcpootis

Ok. Im not sure why wd it seems cheaper i guess. Im new at this haha so trying to figure out which is best. 

4 minutes ago, Hisada said:

Are GPUs actually available there? And at MSRP?

the i7 8700(non K) is likely a better option than the 8600K, hyperthreading being more useful over 700mhz single core advantage.

I edit my posts a lot

1 minute ago, Hisada said:

Ok. Im not sure why wd it seems cheaper i guess. Im new at this haha so trying to figure out which is best. 

What stores? Names? Website?

BETA IS BACK! CLICK HERE!

I like PSUs. Feel free to ask me about PSU questions.

Helios: Intel Core™ i5-4460 | GA-B85M-D3H | 8GB DDR3-1333 -> 16GB DDR3-1333 | MSI R7 370 ARMOR | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Helios EVO: Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac | 16GB DDR4-3000 Team | AMD Radeon R9 Fury X | Define C TG | Corsair Certified Refurbished RM650x

@STRMfrmXMN's PSU Tier List | Don't buy the S12II/M12II | Avoid the EVGA G3

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Are GPUs actually available there? And at MSRP?

the i7 8700(non K) is likely a better option than the 8600K, hyperthreading being more useful over 700mhz single core advantage.

Yes gpu are available here but its very expensive. Thats why im thinking should i overclock or no? Should i go for the ti or just 1070? I7 8700 is expensive here. 

2 minutes ago, Hisada said:

I only can think of is simlim or Carousell. 

that list doesn't look like anything i've ever seen out of those 2 websites. get an 8700 and cheap z370 mobo and skip out on the cooler if you're not overclocking.

CPU: Intel i7-4870HQ Heatsink: Coolermaster TPC 812 GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Mini RAM: Geil DDR3 2x8GB Evo Potenza mobo: MSI B85-IE35 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, Hisada said:

Yes gpu are available here but its very expensive. Thats why im thinking should i overclock or no? Should i go for the ti or just 1070? I7 8700 is expensive here. 

Then I would highly suggest just looking at a Ryzen APU system, which will be pretty alright for 1080p gaming, and save you a ton of cash.

What kind of games do you need to run? Do you do anything besides gaming?

I edit my posts a lot

7 minutes ago, Hisada said:

Could you use https://pcpartpicker.com/

Thanks

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

"Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low." WEEEEEE

My sisters piano teacher asks her what minor keys are she replies "aren't they the sad ones"

SYSTEM

• CPU: i7-6700k (Arctic Silver 5)
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 with two Corsair ML120s (dual pack)
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H
  • RAM: 16GB 3000mhz G-Skill RGB RAM + Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000MHZ RAM (I got the corsair from a friend for $100)
  • GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 8OG
  • Case: Corsair Air 540
  • Storage Samsung 960 evo 500GB and the Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD
  • PSU Seasonic Prime 80 Plus titanium 650 Watt PSU
  • Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU Bmiprz 27in G-SYNC 1440x2560 at 150hz and a old Acer monitor
  • Keyboard: HyperX Alloy FPS (Cherry MX Red)
  • Mouse: Logitech G600
  • Headset: HyperX Cloud Stingers

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then I would highly suggest just looking at a Ryzen APU system, which will be pretty alright for 1080p gaming, and save you a ton of cash.

What kind of games do you need to run? Do you do anything besides gaming?

Games are ow, siege, pubg, cs go and latest games.

3 minutes ago, Zic05 said:

Thanks

he's from singapore, absolutely no point since they don't have one in SG.

CPU: Intel i7-4870HQ Heatsink: Coolermaster TPC 812 GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Mini RAM: Geil DDR3 2x8GB Evo Potenza mobo: MSI B85-IE35 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Games are ow, siege, pubg, cs go and latest games.

Then ya most of those except for PUBG until it gets optimized will run at 1080p on just an APU.

Then you can save the rest of your money for when next gen GPUs drop later this year, GTX 2070 or above or the Vega Refresh

I edit my posts a lot

Just now, Streetguru said:

Then ya most of those except for PUBG until it gets optimized will run at 1080p on just an APU.

Then you can save the rest of your money for when next gen GPUs drop later this year, GTX 2070 or above or the Vega Refresh

I dont plan to upgrade whenever new parts comes in. I want to buy something that can last me for some years then i would change. 

8 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

that list doesn't look like anything i've ever seen out of those 2 websites. get an 8700 and cheap z370 mobo and skip out on the cooler if you're not overclocking.

By 8700. You mean i5 or i7? 

By 8700. You mean i5 or i7? 

i7 8700, alternatively i5 8400 if you want to save money.

9 minutes ago, Zic05 said:

Thanks

thats not a permalink

Current Workstation: Dell Lattitude E6440

(with a trashy I7-4610m running at 3 ghz and 16GB of ram)

audio:       ATH M30X'S (soon to have a modmic)

/-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

/How about we stop being dicks for like thirty fucking seconds in the day\

/         Maybe then we'd actually accomplish something great                       \
             /                          Words Of The Century, By Rapper - atlas                               \

/---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\                      

l--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

l      R.I.P KillerBit,My I5 beast with a Graphics Card from 2012 that ran everything   l

l---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

I dont plan to upgrade whenever new parts comes in. I want to buy something that can last me for some years then i would change. 

That's not a good plan, because if you wait a few short months, when the new GPUs come out you get more performance for the same price, or should anyways. Like for the price of the GTX 1080, you'd get 1080ti levels of performance

and in the mean time you can game just fine on the APU

I edit my posts a lot

1 minute ago, aries757 said:

thats not a permalink

pcpartpicker.com

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

My sisters piano teacher asks her what minor keys are she replies "aren't they the sad ones"

SYSTEM

• RAM: 16GB 3000mhz G-Skill RGB RAM + Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000MHZ RAM (I got the corsair from a friend for $100)
  • Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU Bmiprz 27in G-SYNC 1440x2560 at 150hz and a old Acer monitor

PCPartPicker URL

Just now, Zic05 said:

pcpartpicker.com

not a perma link either <3

/-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

/         Maybe then we'd actually accomplish something great                       \
             /                          Words Of The Century, By Rapper - atlas                               \

/---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\                      

l--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

l      R.I.P KillerBit,My I5 beast with a Graphics Card from 2012 that ran everything   l

l---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l

Just now, aries757 said:

not a perma link either <3

Lol, how do I make one 

SYSTEM

PCPartPicker URL

3 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

i7 8700, alternatively i5 8400 if you want to save money.

I think i5 8400 would be good enough. 

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

That's not a good plan, because if you wait a few short months, when the new GPUs come out you get more performance for the same price, or should anyways. Like for the price of the GTX 1080, you'd get 1080ti levels of performance

and in the mean time you can game just fine on the APU

But for ryzen build is there any problems? Cause my friend told me to maintain it if im new will be very troublesome

3 minutes ago, Zic05 said:

Lol, how do I make one 

http://prntscr.com/ih5fq8

7 minutes ago, Hisada said:

But for ryzen build is there any problems? Cause my friend told me to maintain it if im new will be very troublesome

It's the same as any other PC, it just doesn't need a GPU to do gaming decently.

your motherboard may need a BIOS update, but AMD is sending out kits for that. If you're buying locally the store should be able to update it if needed.

I edit my posts a lot