Phanteks P400 Fan Controller Options

PokeCatz

What would be my fan controller options considering I got the P400, not the P400S which includes a fan controller. The P400 Series doesn't have 5.25 bays either.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

its the P400 a case or is that the controller?

OK I can assume thats the case.

And you are saying it has no 5 -1/4" bays which your fan controller requires.

Could you place it somewhere inside the case?

You wouldnt have any access to the controller itself if you need to press any buttons on the fan controller.

I'd assume its not that deep of a device, so maybe zip tie it inside the case.

image.png.49232c99b2499e0364ba75186b2a9330.png

image.png.4c7be6d144b4abc361ad35fcfb8cb0f2.png

image.png.dea16d84dbe97537c3844e0314721423.png

Just now, Canada EH said:

It a case :) Phanteks P400

I just use the PWM-Hub that came with my Phanteks Enthoo Luxe. You can also buy it seperately

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-PWHUB.html

If you take of the housing you can even directly srew it to your case, here:

P400-7z.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

2 hours ago, Konrad Kwasniewski said:

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

OK I can assume thats the case.

And you are saying it has no 5 -1/4" bays which your fan controller requires.

Could you place it somewhere inside the case?

You wouldnt have any access to the controller itself if you need to press any buttons on the fan controller.

I'd assume its not that deep of a device, so maybe zip tie it inside the case.

2 hours ago, Domifi said:

I just use the PWM-Hub that came with my Phanteks Enthoo Luxe. You can also buy it seperately

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-PWHUB.html

If you take of the housing you can even directly srew it to your case, here:

After looking a few products up, I think I will need to use the NZXT Grid. Thanks for the help. Except that the NZXT CAM software is kinda trash. Whatever.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

10 hours ago, PokeCatz said:

After looking a few products up, I think I will need to use the NZXT Grid. Thanks for the help. Except that the NZXT CAM software is kinda trash. Whatever.

You need Grid+ for CAM. The one with USB connection. Any reason why you aren't going to use mobo?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LoGiCalDrm@WoodenMarker@Konrad Kwasniewski

I can't use the motherboard because my motherboard lacks the ability to accurately control the fans. It either like 40% speed or 100% speed and it doesn't change based on load.

4 minutes ago, PokeCatz said:

I can't use the motherboard because my motherboard lacks the ability to accurately control the fans. It either like 40% speed or 100% speed and it doesn't change based on load.

What motherboard do you have and what fans are you trying to control?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, PokeCatz said:

If its Gigabyte from your sig and your fans are 3pins, you can control them with Speedfan. I run 3x3pins with Speedfan on my Gigabyte board. Its just 2 gens newer.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What motherboard do you have and what fans are you trying to control?

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If its Gigabyte from your sig and your fans are 3pins, you can control them with Speedfan. I run 3x3pins with Speedfan on my Gigabyte board. Its just 2 gens newer.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. Trying to control intake fan and CPU fan.

6 hours ago, PokeCatz said:

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. Trying to control intake fan and CPU fan.

What are the fan model names?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.