Here's Why The Audio Technica ATH-M50X is a Terrible Headphone

Max_Settings
2 hours ago, kokakolia said:

My 2 cents: 

- It looks like people here are trying so hard, really hard, to convince people that the M50 is absolutely awful

- IMHO, that doesn’t accomplish anything. Because the people who own the M50 like them. Some professionals even use them because they’re used to them and know what to expect. 

- IMHO, the other alternatives are more or less equally flawed. It’s not like a night and day difference. It’s just that the M50x is overpriced compared to the competition. 

Simply agreed. It's not that hard to understand the difference between facts and the OP's tantrum.

And as much as I agree with them being a little overpriced, it doesn't hurt to remember they come with three cables, and that surely is one of the reasons for that overpricing.

1 hour ago, Floydsound said:

Simply agreed. It's not that hard to understand the difference between facts and the OP's tantrum.

And as much as I agree with them being a little overpriced, it doesn't hurt to remember they come with three cables, and that surely is one of the reasons for that overpricing.

The other reason is the complicated hinge design, the durability. These are small little details that ultimately don’t matter much. But the cheaper alternatives like the Status Audio CB-1 are not as robust. 

2 hours ago, kokakolia said:

The other reason is the complicated hinge design, the durability. These are small little details that ultimately don’t matter much. But the cheaper alternatives like the Status Audio CB-1 are not as robust.

Absolutely. There are plenty of reviews, by the way, remembering this fact. It's nothing like a "Beats" overprice" or "Apple products" overprice. It's merely quality and its cost. You pay more if you want more.

5 hours ago, kokakolia said:

My 2 cents: 

- It looks like people here are trying so hard, really hard, to convince people that the M50 is absolutely awful

- IMHO, that doesn’t accomplish anything. Because the people who own the M50 like them. Some professionals even use them because they’re used to them and know what to expect. 

- IMHO, the other alternatives are more or less equally flawed. It’s not like a night and day difference. It’s just that the M50x is overpriced compared to the competition. 

I own them cant stand them I do believe they are overpriced garbage and thats my 2 cents

I know many that was like wtf was I doing going with a beats like trend but wasnt beats after they bought something similar like cals or fischer clones in similar budget

7 minutes ago, Floydsound said:

Absolutely. There are plenty of reviews, by the way, remembering this fact. It's nothing like a "Beats" overprice" or "Apple products" overprice. It's merely quality and its cost. You pay more if you want more.

like I said above its like beats trend just  isnt beats and I dont know if you know the history around m50s but they started at 85 but soon priced up to 150 and then even came out with new revision

I wouldnt wish them on my enemy

-= Tread Cleaned =-

This is a discussion and debate forum not an argumentative free for all name calling Reddit page.

Keep the discussion civil.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

-= Cleaned a Second Time =-

-= Thread Locked =-

Well apparently cleaning this the first time was not enough. Unfortunately this topic is to toxic to leave open.

Those involved can expect a present soon.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER