Gaming chair=back problems?

Beef Boss

I've been using my gaming chair a lot more lately, thinking with the cushions it would "help align my back" I know it's not an actual replacement of a chiropractor but still. Now my back hurts to use anything but the chair... It helps to move the cushion up to the middle for my back but there's still discomfort. 

Is this a normal issue with "gaming chairs" I thought this would do the opposite. Just want some experiences from you guys

Edit:if I was actually worried about my back and health I would be seeing a professional not asking a tech forum so please don't worry about my safety 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Well that's what you get for an expensive price tag is gaming color and gaming brand and bragging rights, but it all depends on which chair. I have an office chair I found on the road that someone was throwing away and it is super comfy

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

i dont think that those "racing" chairs are meant to be used as a "orthopedic" chair to support your back

hard to get a great office chair, with a mesh backside so you dont sweat while sitting for a while and many ergonomic features like support for the "lumbarspine"

there are a lot of big brands like herman miller etc if you prefer ergonomic over "racing/gaming" aesthetic

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

I have Ikea Markus at home and Herman Miller at office. Both of them are really comfy and although I had a nasty back injury years ago, after using those for 3y now, no back pain problems.

During shopping for a chair for home I tried some "gaming" chairs as well and they all felt cheap and very uncomfortable. 

10 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Well that's what you get for an expensive price tag is gaming color and gaming brand and bragging rights, but it all depends on which chair. I have an office chair I found on the road that someone was throwing away and it is super comfy

Yeah my chair is super comfy and I got it for $5 at a garage sale.

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

16 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

Yeah my chair is super comfy and I got it for $5 at a garage sale.

Metal folding chair with 2 cushions here, everything for 13.99 and I feel like I've been scammed now.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

11 hours ago, BadluckBrian said:

I know it's not an actual replacement of a chiropractor but still

Anything is.

Get a real doctor.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

11 hours ago, BadluckBrian said:

I've been using my gaming chair a lot more lately, thinking with the cushions it would "help align my back" I know it's not an actual replacement of a chiropractor but still. Now my back hurts to use anything but the chair... It helps to move the cushion up to the middle for my back but there's still discomfort. 

Is this a normal issue with "gaming chairs" I thought this would do the opposite. Just want some experiences from you guys

Edit:if I was actually worried about my back and health I would be seeing a professional not asking a tech forum so please don't worry about my safety 

Yes this is normal because "gaming chairs" aren't meant to hold your back correctly. Gaming chairs are just racing seats with the word gaming name added in order to sell to fools. I'm sorry to say that, but it's the truth. Racing seats are done that way to hold the driver in the seat as best as possible for racing g-forces.

Get rid of that stupid "gaming" chair and go get yourself a proper office chair. If you can't afford one of the expensive ones that are really good, then look at something like the Markus from Ikea that someone above mentioned. That chair holds your back and your head right.

And stop believing Youtubers with their sponsored gaming chairs. They are paid to kiss the ass of these companies, they're not paid to make people's lives better.