Mini itx case with a window (not using a gpu)

Hi!

I want a very small mini itx case for a Ryzen APU (gotta get on that bandwagon?). I want a case with a window so I can see all the coolness inside.

I am never going to add a GPU into this case so I do not want / need the extra space that a bigger mini itx case would give me.

My current case is https://www.amazon.co.uk/Streacom-ST-F1CS-WS-EVO-Casing/dp/B00FQVS8AC and it is the perfect size.

My only issue with it is that I cant see inside! I didnt care about seeing inside with my old hardware, but my Ryzen APU will have the RBG heatsink (friend gave me his when he bought an R7 1700). I dont want the look to be wasted by not being able to see it!

I've spent the last several hours looking through Case after case for something that would fit the bill. I just cant find anything that matches that form factor (a little bit bigger is fine, but cant be too much), and with a window!

Anybody know of such a case?

Or even a DIY guide for modding a case to fit a window?

What about a DIY guide for creating a case?

thanks!

pretty sure there's no commercially available ITX case that's <10L and has a window ahaha

the only case that comes to mind (at 7.3L) is the DAN A4 but it's WAAAAAAAYY TOOO EXPENSIVE for your purposes haha

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

9 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

what about the InWin Chopin? it has meshing instead of glass, but that should still give a pretty awesome RGB effect.

also, it's buildquality is amazing.

I was thinking about it, but I feel like the mesh would annoy me too much :P

Also, I watched a video on it (dont remember who's), but the heatsink was too large so he left it open and did something to secure it down.

I need to look at it again, maybe it was a different heatsink?

9 hours ago, Dassarian said:

Also, I watched a video on it (dont remember who's), but the heatsink was too large so he left it open and did something to secure it down.

I need to look at it again, maybe it was a different heatsink?

IIRC all of the Wraith Coolers will not fit in the InWin Chopin.

So no RGB for you. hahaha

The biggest cooler that the Chopin could fit would be the Cryorig C7.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

11 hours ago, Noyu said:

IIRC all of the Wraith Coolers will not fit in the InWin Chopin.

So no RGB for you. hahaha

The biggest cooler that the Chopin could fit would be the Cryorig C7.

Ah, bummer :P

My best bet will probably be modding a case then :D

I'll find something with the form factor I like then cut it up and put in a window.

I'll probably only go through 3 cases before I get it right lol.

5 minutes ago, Dassarian said:

Ah, bummer :P

My best bet will probably be modding a case then :D

I'll find something with the form factor I like then cut it up and put in a window.

I'll probably only go through 3 cases before I get it right lol.

I'm not sure but the Silverstone ML09 might be good on cooler clearance. I'm not sure though.

Karamo

Spoiler