Dual monitor from laptop set up

poseidon95

Hi

I have a msi laptop with mini displayport, hdmi and USB c outputs and I want to connect dual monitors. Previously they were plugged into a PC with 2 dvi cables.

I have researched some solutions but usb c to dual hdmi for example is a bit expensive. Any solutions?

Thanks

1 minute ago, poseidon95 said:

Hi

I have a msi laptop with mini displayport, hdmi and USB c outputs and I want to connect dual monitors. Previously they were plugged into a PC with 2 dvi cables.

I have researched some solutions but usb c to dual hdmi for example is a bit expensive. Any solutions?

Thanks

One monitor using HDMI to Dvi, The other using mini-dp to Dvi. Whats the issue ?

1 minute ago, Generallee said:

One monitor using HDMI to Dvi, The other using mini-dp to Dvi. Whats the issue ?

wasnt sure if they could split, as in if I used the HDMI port, the mini DP wouldnt work anymore. Wouldve checked it before I posted but dont have the adapters yet.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Generallee said:

This would be your best bet. Unless your monitors have HDMI

PC SPECS: i7 - 3820, 32GB GSkill DDR3 RAM, 2TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, Intel 240GB SSD, Corsair Spec Omega Case, Strix GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair H150i Pro RGB, Corsair CX850M PSU

1 minute ago, poseidon95 said:

wasnt sure if they could split, as in if I used the HDMI port, the mini DP wouldnt work anymore. Wouldve checked it before I posted but dont have the adapters yet.

Thanks!

Hmm that would be specific to your laptop, keep us informed if it works or not. Your laptop sounds awfully similar to my GT62vr so i'm interestedtoo as I have the exact same ports as you

1 minute ago, Generallee said:

Hmm that would be specific to your laptop, keep us informed if it works or not. Your laptop sounds awfully similar to my GT62vr so i'm interestedtoo as I have the exact same ports as you

I have the a similar model(gt62vr 6rd 6700hq 16gb ram and the 1060 not the 1070 ;(. ) I will update once I get the adapters for sure

3 minutes ago, Eliptic said:

This would be your best bet. Unless your monitors have HDMI

One of them has a HDMI so i suppose I just need a mini DP to DVI adapter.

Was hoping for a more elegant solution of just plugging in one cable rather than two but thats just me being lazy. Im not even sure If my laptop has a thunderbolt or is it just USB c otherwise I could get a usb c to dual hdmi

image.png.5e32c5be7f4608ea3372fe3f962eb151.png

Just found this as well ... problem solved

9 minutes ago, Generallee said: