Question about fan curve for top exhaust fan

MGsubbie

My setup : https://imgur.com/a/TGTor

My CPU cooler isn't covered, meaning the air can still move in another direction than directly through the radiators. So I'm a bit worried that the top exhaust fan might steal some air from the cooler, or make some not pass all the way through the cooler. So I set the fan curve on that one lower than my intake fans and rear exhaust fan, making sure it will always spin slower at any temperature. Does this really matter?

I would just set it to the lowest rpm possible. It is an exhaust fan so that doenst really matter when u have more intake fans

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

1 minute ago, joshuawi99 said:

I would just set it to the lowest rpm possible. It is an exhaust fan so that doenst really matter when u have more intake fans

My thought was that there are still enough openings in my case for the rest of the hot air to make it out.

Yeah and with intake fans that pull in fresh air it should be no problem at all

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

Considering how airflow works, you should have it using same curve with rear fan. Air doesn't move without something moving it. The fans in you case will work as follows:

• Bottom and lower front will mainly feed GPU. Which then dumps hot air all over the case.
  • Top front delivers air directly to nearest working fan. Which is first on CPU cooler.
  • Top exhaust sucks air from cooler, but doesn't do it before 1st CPU fan. Not unless it spins significantly faster than 1st fan. Like 300rpm or something like that.
  • Middle CPU fan feeds air to rear fan.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The top fan might not do much for cpu temps but it shouldn't worsen cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.