Odd monitor calibration interaction

Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
1 hour ago, GIR385 said:

Yes, a 750 TI. Sorry for late response

Go to the NVIDIA control panel, Change Resolution, and make sure Output Dynamic Range is set to Full.

For a long time, my secondary monitor (Gateway FFD17775W, 720p LCD) has had what I consider to be superior colors to my main monitor (Acer KA240H, 1080p LCD). When I went into windows settings and select "Duplicate these displays" and then select revert, the colors are actually transferred over from the secondary display to the main display. I really prefer these colors, and would like to find a way to keep them on the main monitor, but whenever I reboot the colors go back to the way they were. Would anyone know how to keep them?

Many of you are going to immediately tell me to calibrate my monitor. I have! Many times! I can't seem to get the colors even near the same. Whenever I think that I've gotten close to the colors I'm looking for, I look around and see that I've ruined something else (For example, the settings menu is supposed to be black. If I manage to find that I've gotten my settings panel to look as I want after calibrating, I find that somewhere else many colors are overexposed).

I've attached some pictures, it seems as if the back-light is making a major difference between the two. Sorry that they're blurry, the details shouldn't really matter though. I promise, all I've done between these two pictures is change the colors by clicking "Duplicate these displays", then clicking revert. The image that has a strong back-light is how it normally looks, the darker one is what I would prefer. Please let me know if you know how to fix this.

IMG_20180218_174038.jpg

IMG_20180218_174108.jpg

-GIR

17 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Judging by some of the text turning blue, it looks like the OS has just switched to a different theme.

I hadn't thought of that, but what theme would it switch to? When it's on the other monitor it looks just like that (The 2nd image) but when it's on the main monitor it looks like the first image (Unless i do the aforementioned trick). Why would windows use two different themes for the same computer?

Edit: With that, these color changes affect other applications too, so I don't think it can be just the theme. I think that was just my accent color not loading in properly, which is something I'll look into.

-GIR

21 minutes ago, GIR385 said:

I hadn't thought of that, but what theme would it switch to? When it's on the other monitor it looks just like that (The 2nd image) but when it's on the main monitor it looks like the first image (Unless i do the aforementioned trick). Why would windows use two different themes for the same computer?

Edit: With that, these color changes affect other applications too, so I don't think it can be just the theme. I think that was just my accent color not loading in properly, which is something I'll look into.

Are you using an NVIDIA graphics card?

31 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Are you using an NVIDIA graphics card?

Yes, a 750 TI. Sorry for late response

-GIR

1 hour ago, Glenwing said:

Go to the NVIDIA control panel, Change Resolution, and make sure Output Dynamic Range is set to Full.

Thanks for your help, this solved the problem!

-GIR