Fan Choice

Erundil

Hi everyone, i was picking components for my pc upgrade ad i never thought i'd find myself being stuck on chosing fans, i wanted to get the Corsair LL 140 because i saw the colors look very good, but apperently they're not very good for radiator use because they don't generate a lot of static pressure, so i was looking for tips, the color scheme im going for is black and white, does static pressure really matter that much? should i get 2 fans for the radiator and then 3 different for airflow?

static pressure is recommended for radiators over airflow

get static pressure for when you have to move air through things, get airflow when you just want the air to move around the case.

i can recommend ML140 fans because they are amazing for me. silent, work well, expensive but.. hopefully will last for the better half of the decade.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I also have the ML140's and can say that they work really well, they are optimized somewhere between airflow and static pressure. I have talked with people who use them for radiators and they say that they work well.

10 minutes ago, themctipers said:

static pressure is recommended for radiators over airflow

get static pressure for when you have to move air through things, get airflow when you just want the air to move around the case.

i can recommend ML140 fans because they are amazing for me. silent, work well, expensive but.. hopefully will last for the better half of the decade.

Thanks for the replies, they also look pretty good, are the LEDs bright?

2 minutes ago, Erundil said:

Thanks for the replies, they also look pretty good, are the LEDs bright?

i have the non LED ones.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.