[NO SPOILER] [Review] Life is Strange

First, some quick info:

• Platform: Windows, Linux, PS3/4, Xbox 360/One, iOS, Android
  • Release date: 30 Jan 2015 (PC/Console), 14 Dec 2017 (iOS), Early 2018 (Android)
  • Developer: DONTИOD Entertainment
  • Publisher: Square Enix

Trailers:

Synopsis: the game follows the story of a 18 year old high school student named Max with an ability to rewind time and a vision of a tornado destroying her town. Together with her best friend Chloe they must solve lots of mysteries and uncovering secrets of what seems to be a peaceful place.

The game is a single player story third person mode that supports both m+kb and conlntroller for PC.

Life is Strange (LiS) is 5 episodes in total, each was released within few months of each other. Episode 1 of this game is available for free for all platform except iOS. Each episode takes around 2-3 hours of gameplay. 

And for the review:

This is one of the rare game that I truly liked and has impacted me on so many level as it deals with a lot of subjects that typical student have faced or still facing: bullying, depression, family issues, shyness, drug abuse, transition from teenage to adult, molestation...

The game's major feature is story telling and plot twists to give players an emotional bond to characters.

This game has impacted me so much and also gave me hope on life. I was able to meet friends and share similar problems that they also had with characters in game.

Story: 10/10. The game excels in story telling, but that is not to say there are some minor flaws that can be disregarded.

Gameplay: 8/10. Overall the gameplay is nice. There are some puzzles along the way but they are not too challenging thus not enough for a full score.

Graphics: 7/10. It has bad lip syncing that still existed. Looks nice and runs on older integrated graphics ok ish. But not amazing grade like some triple A game. Though for a small dev like DN that is acceptable.

Controls: 8/10. It takes time to get used to and there is no actual tutorial. Players are expected to know how to use WASD. Time rewinding might be tricky to use. I got stuck at interacting with objects as to no explanation on how to do that.

Soundtrack: 9/10. Jonathan Morali did a great job composing OST, plus soundtracks from various other artists are also great. I was able to discover some artists that I turned to like them, despite only a fan of Owl City. That's said a point deduction because my taste of music is awful and thus I have some tracks I don't particular totally like

Value: 10/10. The game is often on sale at Steam for $5 USD for full game, and plus the firsf episode is free and does a really good job for a single player game with almost 12 hours of gameplay.

I know this is a crap review. But I suck at writing.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

PS: Soundtrack is purdy good too.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB