Engine Swap?

Darren319

Would it be possible to take the v10 out of an early 2000s f250 and swap it into a 2010 mustang? I know the v10 makes the same hp as the gt model mustang, but I'd love to cram a v10 in there.

yes it is possible

why dont you join a Ford forum and ask your questions there.

Heck I have seen a jet engine in a mustang and in a semi.

It is even possible for your V10 Mustang to drive on the moon!

Damn. I came in here hoping to make an LS Swap joke.. Guess that won't be happening.

Anything is possible with enough modification & know how. Hell you can cram an LS3 in a Porsche 911..

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

you should totally do that.

Hello ma, hello pa, I'm on the interwebs. -LazySpeck

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

How about this?

I have grown another mustache on top of my mustache just by looking at this picture

9 hours ago, Virus__ said:

Damn. I came in here hoping to make an LS Swap joke.. Guess that won't be happening.

Anything is possible with enough modification & know how. Hell you can cram an LS3 in a Porsche 911..

Hoovies Garage, anyone?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

9 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Hoovies Garage, anyone?

Actually I was thinking about the one that Aaron Kaufman from Gas Monkey Garage did a few years back on Fast N' Loud lol.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Well, there was one industrious Pole who in 2015 took an old GDR Trabant 601, made it wider, gave it an AUDI TT engine tuned up to 270 HP, and also made it a 4WD. That is a 270 HP engine moving an only 650 kg heavy car.

Almost anything is possible, provided you have the time, energy, money, and tools.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

anything is possible as long you put your mind into it

but the engine is way heavier than the V8 3 Valve your car came with

if you want to make serious horsepower

i would rather suggest getting the SVT Mustang Cobra engine and supercharged it

or get the 5.0 L Coyote from wrecked Mustang GTs from the scrap yard

Many Mustang GTs got totaled after hitting the crowds

the chassis is a goner but the engine, ECU module and wiring harness and drive train are salvageable

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

On 2/19/2018 at 2:50 PM, mr moose said:

How about this?

4blower.jpg

before anyone thinks this is a photoshop

its the real deal

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/videos/a5550/videos-drive-big-muscle-season-finale-1972-ford-t-bucket/

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

tl;dr yes you can, but there are far smarter or even easier things you can do.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Anything is possible with a plasma torch and a welder. I know Ford had a test mule SN-95 with the V10, so it's not like it hasn't been done before (ignoring the differences between SN-95 and S-197). Your only concern would be the packaging of the engine in the bay.

I mean anything is possible, but if you gotta ask, it means you can't do it yourself... so that means you'll have to pay someone lots of money to do it

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

19 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

but if you gotta ask

In Linus Tech Tips forum non the less, not even in a automotive forum. I'd love to see the response of this post in Pirate4x4 forum!

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Anything is possible with a plasma torch and a welder. I know Ford had a test mule SN-95 with the V10, so it's not like it hasn't been done before (ignoring the differences between SN-95 and S-197). Your only concern would be the packaging of the engine in the bay.

And state regulations. Fucking damn those to hell, I have both a plasma torch and several welders.  But not the balls to but a couple of v8s in a mini moke.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I have an SN-95 Mustang and a V10 F250. I honestly dont see any merit to putting the V10 in a Mustang. Anything is possible, but youre going to spend a bunch of time and money doing something that can be done better and easier for cheaper with a different engine. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 hours ago, warmmilk said:

I mean anything is possible, but if you gotta ask, it means you can't do it yourself... so that means you'll have to pay someone lots of money to do it

+1 on this. Takes a lot of work, time, and effort to do a good swap. And probably most of it is research about every little thing you predict you will run into, and everything you didn't imagine you would run into.

This is especially true if you're trying to do a professional job and not hack it together. Which I think is what we all want in the end... just most of the time doesn't happen because human laziness sucks

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

And state regulations. Fucking damn those to hell, I have both a plasma torch and several welders.  But not the balls to but a couple of v8s in a mini moke.

Yay for 'murica, we've got no regulations against this. :P

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yay for 'murica, we've got no regulations against this. :P

I suppose there has to be some perks livin' over there :P

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

48 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I suppose there has to be some perks livin' over there :P

We might not have healthcare, but at least we can do reckless stuff in unsafe vehicles. xD

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

We might not have healthcare, but at least we can do reckless stuff in unsafe vehicles. xD

We have healthcare, that's why we are not allowed to do reckless stuff in unsafe vehicles.

Seems like a very stupid idea :P As others have said anything is possible but....why? You'd get more performance out of a V8.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red