Can't decide what to do

Jetree

I have around $500 US and I'm deciding whether to upgrade, buy an oculus rift, or buy wireless peripherals.

In my current system- FX 8350 at 4.5 Ghz, a gtx 970 strix +130 core +350 mem, 16 gb ddr3 1600 ram, Asus m5a99x EVO r2.0, all being powered by an 850w evga supernova g2.

I don't play too many demanding games, gta V being the highest demanding. But with VR, this might change, which Is why I'm asking.

My first option is to save up for a better upgrade in the future. This has the advantage of being able to upgrade my whole system (with probably less inflated prices) but in the end I probably wouldn't be able to afford vr after. My second option is to go for the oculus rift. The advantages are that I can play it now, and probably play most games pretty decently, but I wouldn't be able to upgrade my hardware for a while. My third option is to get wireless peripherals (logitech g402, corsair k63 lapboard, and hyper x flight) I do a fair amount of couch gaming, so this could be another option. My final option being that I buy a better motherboard, processor, and ram now, and save for vr in the future.

I'm really conflicted and I can't decide what I should do.

First guestion. Do you have a desk and a normal chair or do you only do couch gaming.

If no: Buy a desk and chair first

If yes, buy the g502 not 402 and a good headset. If you have a good one already, dont buy a new one.

If i were you i would buy these things first and then maybe upgrade my cpu

7 hours ago, Carbide X said:

First guestion. Do you have a desk and a normal chair or do you only do couch gaming.

If no: Buy a desk and chair first

If yes, buy the g502 not 402 and a good headset. If you have a good one already, dont buy a new one.

If i were you i would buy these things first and then maybe upgrade my cpu

I have the g502 and a dx racer and an Ikea desk and my headset being Schneider hd 598 se with modmic 5.

On 18-2-2018 at 8:42 PM, Jetree said:

I have the g502 and a dx racer and an Ikea desk and my headset being Schneider hd 598 se with modmic 5.

oh okay, this is what i would do if you had 500€ to upgrade some parts, buy a gtx 1060 and a i5 or ryzen 5. And then try to sell your current mobo,cpu and gpu. U dont need to sell the ram because there are some lga 1511 (if u want intel at least) ddr3 mobos