Help with my Ping to Google timed out

danivideda

((TL;DR on bottom))

Hello,

I have unlimited Internet Plan from my ISP. The other day, when i played CSGO, sometimes (about every 5 minutes), i got disconnected from the game.
And then, i checked my Ping to Google using CMD, it appeared that the request has timed out. And then, it recover again after about 1 minute (25ms).
And then, it happened again after several minutes, RTO.

Bcs of that, from now, im always running my CMD pinging to Google everytime im playing Online games, to see if there's a problem with my internet.

And it's true, when i played some online games, sometimes i got Disconnected, to see my CMD that indeed it's Timed Out. (Im also pinging to my own Router, and it has no problem at all, 2ms average, no timed out when that occur)

From that, im wondering, if my internet is still working even if it's Timed Out when pinging to Google on my CMD.

Then, i opened my browser, and go to YouTube. It works, even when i see my CMD is timed out. And then, i tried to browse Google.com.
And again, i've managed to go to Google website with no problem. And i still see my CMD is timed out.

From here, im guessing that it could be my ISP is randomly closing my Port to that specific Internet gateway, or something.
I've also tried Restarting my Router, but the problem still there, every 5 minutes or so, it timed out itself.

Of course, if you use it for normal Browsing like Watching videos, and other stuff, the problem is not really that irritating, since i can browse no problem. But when it comes to gaming, it becomes really annoying, especially when you play PUBG or other battle royale games.

So, can anyone help me what could be the problem here? Thank you!

TL;DR
I got disconnected to my online Games every 5 minutes or so, seeing my ping to Google is Timed out (these last for 1 minutes or so).
But, i still can access Youtube or Google through browser no problem. Im suspecting theres something problem with the Port or something

How long have you had this problem? Could it possibly be linked to some other event?

isp problem.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

i've had this problem since the first time i've subscribed to my ISP.,
Yeah, i always thought it is my ISP problem, but i just hope that there could be another thing that cause this, and i could fix 

Untitled.png

Log into your router and see what the “default gateway” IP that it is getting from your ISP is. Start running a ping to that to see if that drops out. That IP will usually be the device at the other end of your telephone or coax cable, or worst case a few miles away in one of your ISP’s offices.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Okay, so im on my Router Webpage.. Which one is my ISP IP address?

1518950265670.jpg

7 hours ago, danivideda said:

Okay, so im on my Router Webpage.. Which one is my ISP IP address?

1518950265670.jpg

Edit: or 36.81.32.1 

Think it's the last one. Don't know why you have two connections in there.

20 minutes ago, Levisallanon said:

Edit: or 36.81.32.1 

Think it's the last one. Don't know why you have two connections in there.

Looks like the second connection is for IPTV or something like that - anything starting with “10.” is a private IP address, and you can see that second connection has NAT disabled. So for the OP, 36.81.32.1 is the IP that should be pinged to see if the “local” connection is the issue, or something within the ISP’s network.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

It doesnt seem that pinging to ISP's IP address is the problem, since i can ping them with no problem, meanwhile my ping to google is still occasionally timed out.
Any other ideas what could be the problem here? :(
(keep in mind that even when my ping is timed out to google, i can still open google on browser with no problem, i can still watch videos on youtube with no problem, )

2.jpg

Could it be my repeater? Since i just disconnected the repeater, and connect to the Main Wifi Router, and i think i dont have any trouble at the moment.. I'll update later, hope it's just repeater issue

EDIT:
Nope, it's still there. Even when im pinging both 36.81.32.1  and Google, there's only RTO on google, but not on ISP IP 36.81.32.1 , Any ideas why?

After some tweaks and changing setting on the router, i think i got a more stable internet traffic. I've changed my Router DNS setting, which previously was set to 192.168.1.1 (idk why), and changed it to 8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4 . It's been good since couple of hours, lets see how it goes.

12 hours ago, danivideda said:

After some tweaks and changing setting on the router, i think i got a more stable internet traffic. I've changed my Router DNS setting, which previously was set to 192.168.1.1 (idk why), and changed it to 8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4 . It's been good since couple of hours, lets see how it goes.

192.168.1.1 is the router which then has its DNS records pointed to 180.250.13.42 which is your ISPs most likely.