Kingdom Come: Deliverance

No the devs already said they would release a patch 2 weeks after launch. But I don't think we'll see optimization, I think i'll be more bug-fixes orientated.

There has been already two small 15mb patches from what I've seen.

i moved the game to my SSD and loading is a lot better. NPC conversations are pretty much instant load

though i've run into that bug where the quest suddenly fails but when i go look at the objectives, it still thinks it's in progress. but since state is failed you can't progress further 

edit: another thing, playing controller in this game feels pretty clunky. more-so than mouse and keyboard 

16 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

So the developers took a vacation once the game launched? Optimization is a joke.

Even Ubisoft would do a better job.

I dont see the optimization being that bad, i get good frame rates, and decent loading times (i have it installed on a 1tb 7200rpm WD black drive as my gaming sata is getting full)

On a side note, I picked the game up on launch day, only have maybe 6 hours into it at the moment, but what a refreshing gameplay. I recommend the game 100% if you like playing along with stories. 

19 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i moved the game to my SSD and loading is a lot better. NPC conversations are pretty much instant load

though i've run into that bug where the quest suddenly fails but when i go look at the objectives, it still thinks it's in progress. but since state is failed you can't progress further 

edit: another thing, playing controller in this game feels pretty clunky. more-so than mouse and keyboard 

Never seen a game benefit that much from an SSD actually.

Haven't  tried playing with a controller, but don't most first person games feel clunky without mouse+kb?

@FlatBrokeRacing

Do you get loading screens before conversations?

19 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Never seen a game benefit that much from an SSD actually.

Haven't  tried playing with a controller, but don't most first person games feel clunky without mouse+kb?

it's insane how much faster the game loads. 

true but i don't like playing games with a mouse and keyboard. controller is much more comfortable for me 

no, but it seems that you have to abuse the saving system for that. Seeing the price of a saviour schnaps.... no thanks. But with the saving mod it seems to be possible fairly easily.

And they just dropped a 200mb patch.

@chilicheeseburger

no i havent noticed and loading screens before conversations, atleast nothing that would strike me as odd or piss me off. With an SSD loading times are great on games that are taxing (eg. ARK Survival Evolved, game loads in half the time using an SSD vs HDD), so i'm sure if i noticed it i would've transferred it over. 

My system is nothing too crazy either, i have an older generation cpu and a good OC,  with good memory and a top tier nvidia card that is not overclocked, as a matter of fact i have the TDP set to 65% on my 1080ti due to power consumption on the circuit i'm using and myself being too lazy to move one of my mining rigs to a different circuit. 

Anyway to sell item close to its listed price? Found couples of eqs worth over 1k but when I try to sell it merchants only buying for like 200-300 only. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Eh... there's an option to negotiate the price. Holding x I think?

23 hours ago, The Viking said:

no, but it seems that you have to abuse the saving system for that. Seeing the price of a saviour schnaps.... no thanks. But with the saving mod it seems to be possible fairly easily.

you can make saviour schnaps with alchemy easy enough.

I'm not that far yet, haven't had the time to play in a few days.

On 2/20/2018 at 11:38 PM, The Viking said:

Just started Steam to check, somehow the patch was only 2.3MB for me?

17 hours ago, FlatBrokeRacing said:

@chilicheeseburger

no i havent noticed and loading screens before conversations, atleast nothing that would strike me as odd or piss me off. With an SSD loading times are great on games that are taxing (eg. ARK Survival Evolved, game loads in half the time using an SSD vs HDD), so i'm sure if i noticed it i would've transferred it over. 

My system is nothing too crazy either, i have an older generation cpu and a good OC,  with good memory and a top tier nvidia card that is not overclocked, as a matter of fact i have the TDP set to 65% on my 1080ti due to power consumption on the circuit i'm using and myself being too lazy to move one of my mining rigs to a different circuit. 

Good for you, maybe my HDD is just too slow. But nerfing your 1080ti because you're too lazy to plug your mining rig in somewhere else? :S

10 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Anyway to sell item close to its listed price? Found couples of eqs worth over 1k but when I try to sell it merchants only buying for like 200-300 only. 

Apart from higher speech (?) skill and haggling there's no way to get a better price. At least I'm not aware of one. Which makes sense if you think about it, why would a trader buy something for it's full price if he then has to sell it on.

Mmm. I got another 220.2 mb patch. 

Patch number 1.2.5 I guess?

11 minutes ago, The Viking said:

Mmm. I got another 220.2 mb patch. 

Patch number 1.2.5 I guess?

Oddly enough, I'm on the same version now.

By the way, here's a funny bug I ran into the other day: (spoiler tag just because of image size)

Spoiler

81A26A1EDF1485523F6FB965809946D3F9405DA7

I was fighting two Cumans in the woods and somehow I started to walk in the air.

1 minute ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Oddly enough, I'm on the same version now.

By the way, here's a funny bug I ran into the other day: (spoiler tag just because of image size)

Hide contents

81A26A1EDF1485523F6FB965809946D3F9405DA7

I was fighting two Cumans in the woods and somehow I started to walk in the air.

Spoiler

but can you walk on water too? 

ah right, henry can't swim. He'll complain that it's too deep.

Oh right, you learn stuff in this came. That's an excellent question?

actually, after checking steam forums: 

"You want to swim in one of the fish ponds. Bohemia is landlocked mate."

"Only two types of people know how to swim: witches and people prepared for the ship to sink. Seeing as Bohemia is landlocked, you must be a witch if you can swim."

"and people prepared for the ship to sink" that made me laugh. 

Even 1080 Ti can't max this at 1080p and enjoy 60fps. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

28 minutes ago, SortOfGrim said:

Does anybody else experience the inability to walk/run up the stairs of the lodge north-east of Rattay? Only jumping and cursing seems to work.

Same here. Only ever went up there once though

Unrelated:

i find it immersion-breaking that the guards are able to tell you have stolen goods. plus merchants also can tell that you have stolen goods, so you can't sell those. i would understand a fence merchant (if there is one in-game), but neither a guard nor merchant should be able to tell