Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SC2Mitch

New Warcraft 3 Remastered OR Warcraft 4 to be announced soon

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

ahhh... makes me remember the old days of "verses AI 5 hours a day" time....

 

 

hmmmmmm youth.....

"Our champion has fallen" "The alliance town needs help" xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't doubt it, they remastered Starcraft.


【=◈︿◈=】

\\ CPU|i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz(1.26v) \\ GPU ASUS 960 4GB  // Audio FiiO E10k AKG K240 //

\\ Monitor Monoprice 144Hz \\ Phone LG G6 H870DS // Nintendo Switch //

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, leadeater said:

I can't remember which game it was but for local LAN multiplayer only one person required a purchased copy, everyone else could play with them. Extremely good idea in my view, lining up 4+ friends who all have the same game is a right pain, RTS games just aren't good with only 2 and AI isn't a replacement for actual people.

Warcraft 2 did that with the CD. Was the "spawn copy" version. I think a few other games did that as well. Was a good system for the time. (It was really expensive to replicate a CD at the time.)

 

But this also points to why a lot of genres died. They were as much shared social experiences among a group as a well-made game you played. We can see that trend constantly within Gaming. MMOs with communication rapidly took over, and the Plastic Instrument Era took over the social gaming space. Now it's Twitch Streaming. Why? Because you want to share a gaming experience with someone else. Gaming is part of any other communal experience: you share aspects with others while having your own perspective on the events. The beat the original Portal in about 4 hours. I've easily spent a whole lot more time talking about Portal than I ever did playing it. 

 

Because, my friends, the Cake is a Lie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Now it's Twitch Streaming. Why? Because you want to share a gaming experience with someone else. Gaming is part of any other communal experience: you share aspects with others while having your own perspective on the events.

I'd rather hit my hand with a hammer than stream myself playing a game, or watch someone play for that matter. Maybe it's just me but I don't give a damn about people I don't know being able to watch or even play with me.

 

I did not enjoy SC2 online matches at all, game itself was great. Reason I didn't enjoy it, random people (not saying they were bad people just not people I knew).

 

I can tolerate randoms on FPS games but not other genres.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

"Illidan is out there somewhere..." xD

the only saying I remember is "work work"...

lol

other than that... nah/.

 

also if there is a remaster or even 4 is coming out, competitive warcraft might be coming back and i have to say it is super entertaining to watch those. 

just like league of legends or SC2 tournament. 


If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

Remaster and make it free and i might have a dab at it again for old times same

its hillarious because if they remaster the map tools etc the OG dota can essentially be remastered


Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb


Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Link to post
Share on other sites

And hes my thinking it was World of Warcraft 2, i was getting all hyped up and then it came crashing down. Been hoping for a WOW2 for many many years now. 

Blizzard would make a ton of money if they made a WOW 2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

also blizzard please don't create another Starcraft 2 where it has a mediocre graphics and because of the shitty optimisation the games lags like shit after the 20 minutes mark. 

 

OPTIMIZE YOUR GAME DAMN IT


If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

also blizzard please don't create another Starcraft 2 where it has a mediocre graphics and because of the shitty optimisation the games lags like shit after the 20 minutes mark. 

 

OPTIMIZE YOUR GAME DAMN IT

Optimize your game engines*** SC2 runs on ancient engine hardware, it got released back in 2010 so what do you expect? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Optimize your game engines*** SC2 runs on ancient engine hardware, it got released back in 2010 so what do you expect? 

ahhh I see

 

unreal engine 4 is better? 


If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

ahhh I see

 

unreal engine 4 is better? 

dunno if bait or not but yes, havok engine they used is ancient

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

dunno if bait or not but yes, havok engine they used is ancient

not baiting you dude. 

 

I only know a couple of game engine: frostbite. unreal. cry engine and unity. 

 

 


If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, leadeater said:

Most of the good classic RTS games are well past the 8 year mark though, WC3 was 2002 and WC3:FT was 2003 so we're a good 15 years past the last classic RTS.

 

AOE2 1999, AOE3 2005 which is a giant turd. GlaCiv 2 vs GalCiv 3 (even though I like GalCiv 3 it's not as good). I think Sins of a Solar Empire is about the only truly good RTS game that has come out after the golden age of RTS games. The Total War series has been consistently good however they are making the games a bit too technically complex which makes the turn times near unbearable, same comments were made when the older ones came out though and when I play them now on my modern computer WOW so much more enjoyable than back then. 

Did you check "They are Billions"? If anything it's the only recent RTS that focuses on the one part i love about RTSs and their campaigns: slow game, set defenses first, attack once i've upgraded everything there is to upgrade. Instead of the approach most are taking (i.e. be another SC)


One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Link to post
Share on other sites

Warcraft 4? Yeah no, WoW is continuation of WC story. What would be the story of it, like starting from Cata or something. It'd be weird. 

But since SC1 got remaster D2 is said to get one too, I'd say sooner, potentially WC3 though it's more modern than both of those games, that are even 2D too. 

We'll see, and WoW2 no. 

 

Also, I've seen rumors saying like mobile MMO RTS game, like what! I'd rather nothing than that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leadeater said:

I'd rather hit my hand with a hammer than stream myself playing a game, or watch someone play for that matter. Maybe it's just me but I don't give a damn about people I don't know being able to watch or even play with me.

 

I did not enjoy SC2 online matches at all, game itself was great. Reason I didn't enjoy it, random people (not saying they were bad people just not people I knew).

 

I can tolerate randoms on FPS games but not other genres.

9c41c0_6042240.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IceCold008 said:

And hes my thinking it was World of Warcraft 2, i was getting all hyped up and then it came crashing down. Been hoping for a WOW2 for many many years now. 

Blizzard would make a ton of money if they made a WOW 2. 

The next expansion is coming in September. Don't expect a wow2 in the next year or two atleast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, leadeater said:

I did not enjoy SC2 online matches at all, game itself was great. Reason I didn't enjoy it, random people (not saying they were bad people just not people I knew).

 

I can tolerate randoms on FPS games but not other genres.

1v1 being too hard ultimately killed multiplayer RTS.

getting cheesed in sc2 or playing against a imba race in wc3 is lame for most people.

 

wc3 is probably still my most played game of all time and im not sure if i want a remake or a sequel. 

custom maps made wc3 for me and a ton of other people, im not sure if its gonna get the same amount of support.

 

2 hours ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

The next expansion is coming in September. Don't expect a wow2 in the next year or two atleast.

thats never gonna happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

WoW needs to use a different game engine, the old one is so out of date.

It doesn't thread that well 80% of its workload is stacked on one processor core and then the remaining 20% is spread between 4 cores.

you always have one core running at 100% and 80fps regardless of your graphics card. WoW Favours 5Ghz over more cores so the higher a core clock the better.

Since one core gets most of the workload it always caps out.

 

I would imagine given WC3 is now on the Game Client for download it will be nothing more than a sold expansion addon for some kind of HD models and nothing more.

I love the old WC3 games and C&C Red Alert they were amazing fun games but graphically old, anything new has simply been a bad rip off of an original fun game.


CPU | Intel i7-8086K Overclocked 5.4Ghz @ 1.44v | GPU | EVGA 1080 FTW2 Overclocked 2190Mhz | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz |MOTHERBOARD | Asus ROG Maximus X Formula | STORAGE | 2x Samsung EvO 256GB NVME  | COOLING | Hard Line Custom Loop D5 Pump Monsta 480mm Radiator  | MONITOR | Acer Predator X34 | OS | Windows 10

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 minutes ago, Maticks said:

WoW needs to use a different game engine, the old one is so out of date.

It doesn't thread that well 80% of its workload is stacked on one processor core and then the remaining 20% is spread between 4 cores.

you always have one core running at 100% and 80fps regardless of your graphics card. WoW Favours 5Ghz over more cores so the higher a core clock the better.

Since one core gets most of the workload it always caps out.

 

I would imagine given WC3 is now on the Game Client for download it will be nothing more than a sold expansion addon for some kind of HD models and nothing more.

I love the old WC3 games and C&C Red Alert they were amazing fun games but graphically old, anything new has simply been a bad rip off of an original fun game.

Iirc it's still using HAVOC engine which was primarily used for 2 cores and 4 threads machines since it's age, but I doubt blizzard will invest in a new engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×