New Warcraft 3 Remastered OR Warcraft 4 to be announced soon

Take this with a grain of salt as Blizzard Entertainment hasn't confirmed anything yet and Pro Players have yet to respond, most likely due to Non Disclosure Agreements with Blizzard Entertainment.

There has been a lot of talk in the Warcraft 3 community about a potential remaster of the game or hell, even a new Warcraft 4 game to be released by Blizzard. 

Rumours of a Warcraft 3 remaster are growing in intensity. This week it looks as if Blizzard Entertainment has been inviting a number of community members and professional gamers over to its California HQ for a mysterious get-together.

Blizzard has previous form for this, and it’s usually when it wants to meet and discuss with the community about an unannounced project. While nothing official has been confirmed, no doubt due to the whispered exchanging of Non-Disclosure Agreements, suspicions were raised when a number of ex-Warcraft 3 pros, including Happy and HawK, disclosed that they were applying for US visas in order to travel over from Serbia.

Happy did post a brief statement to GoodGame.ru about the invitation to the Blizzard event 

A little about the "surprise".

While I can not disclose the details, I was allowed to hint. At the end of this month, there will be a certain offline event - what will be there is still a secret. Because this event will take place in the US - I will need to make a visa.

/.../

I can not reveal the big details yet. But I was told announcement soon.

- Happy

It was also speculated that Grubby, HasuObs and others have been invited however it hasn't been confirmed, I'm personally not agreeing with Hasuobs because he's competing in the Heroes of the Storm for Team Liquid and has gone on record to say he's unable due to his HGC related work.

That may be about to change. Many well-known Warcraft III players, such as Happy and HawK from Russia, have been seen applying for US Visas, leading to speculation that Blizzard has invited them for some kind of an event at their Irvine, California headquarters. According to Wowhead, player Happy told Russian game site GoodGame.ru, "at the end of this month, there will be a certain offline event – what will be there is still a secret."

This could be really good news for the WC3 community, maybe a new game, or even a good remaster to bring back some hype from the good old days. 

Source of the day is Game Debate - http://www.game-debate.com/news/24561/rumour-blizzard-has-a-warcraft-remaster-or-warcraft-4-announcement-coming-soon  | http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2018/02/16/a-warcraft-related-announcement-is-expected-soon-is-a-warcraft-iii-remaster-in-the-works/

I've never played any Warcraft. The game seems kinda nice though.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

We're going to have people tracking Grubby's & Moon's current locations, haha.

It'll likely be a WC3 remaster. There's going to be a market for it and Blizzard is pretty much never going to make another RTS, but a remastered WC3 would still be a dang good game. It also points to a trend I think we'll see continue. There's a lot of money in Re-mastered titles, which already have built in fanbases and achieved quality. It's also a lot cheaper to make.

My biggest game dream, hope it's gonna end out being a thing, a nice thing.

CPU: Intel Core I7 7700K & Corsair H100i v2
Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Hero
RAM: 32 Gigs @ 3000Mhz, Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: Asus Strix 1080 A8G
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb
PSU: Corsair HX750i
Case: Fractal Design Define S

It's clearly the announcement of WoW2

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Most probably a War 3 remaster, since Warcraft lore is now tied to WoW and it would be pointless to have a second Warcraft game with a separate story. Also, another RTS would take away from SC 2's popularity and the game certainly doesn't need this. It's still weird cause Warcraft 3 is a lot more modern than the original SC was and I don't really see the point of a remaster.

30 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

Remaster and make it free and i might have a dab at it again for old times same

Knowing Blizzard, they'll probably make WC3 FTP or cheaper. 

This feels so fake, a Diablo 2 remaster is way more likely than a Warcraft 3 remaster or Warcraft 4

I seem to remember a thread around the time SC remaster came out in which blizzard developers were asked about a d2 remaster.  I know they stuck to anything is possible but their facial expressions showed would I would say was like a kid in a candy store.  Like they were saying but not saying wait until you see what we have been working on.  Obviously that is as sketchy as anything to put any inch of confidence or meaning in, but at the same time, a D2 remaster would be massively more popular than WC3 remaster.  They could charge the 15 bucks again like they did for SC remaster and make bank on the game again!

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535

3 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

We're going to have people tracking Grubby's & Moon's current locations, haha.

It'll likely be a WC3 remaster. There's going to be a market for it and Blizzard is pretty much never going to make another RTS, but a remastered WC3 would still be a dang good game. It also points to a trend I think we'll see continue. There's a lot of money in Re-mastered titles, which already have built in fanbases and achieved quality. It's also a lot cheaper to make.

But will they replace the awesome drunken panda samurai with boring panda monks(Damn China and their panda censorship).

27 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

This feels so fake, a Diablo 2 remaster is way more likely than a Warcraft 3 remaster or Warcraft 4

Doesn't feel fake at all, they're going to announce something huge and they invite Warcraft 3 professionals to an undisclosed event, what kind of event do you think it'll be? 

53 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Doesn't feel fake at all, they're going to announce something huge and they invite Warcraft 3 professionals to an undisclosed event, what kind of event do you think it'll be? 

I think we're going to be disappointed with what it really is

But maybe I'll be wrong, Blizzard just hasn't been very hopeful for me since Diablo 3

5 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

There's a lot of money in Re-mastered titles, which already have built in fanbases and achieved quality. It's also a lot cheaper to make.

Which is sad because that essentially shows current game development studios are incapable of actually making decent games i.e. I'd buy WC4 if it had the exact same graphics as WC3 and all it was is a new story with a few new game elements. Now you could say I'd buy it only because I liked WC3 however I buy every RTS/TBS game that comes out and 90% of them are shit compared to the classics.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Which is sad because that essentially shows current game development studios are incapable of actually making decent games i.e. I'd buy WC4 if it had the exact same graphics as WC3 and all it was is a new story with a few new game elements. Now you could say I'd buy it only because I liked WC3 however I buy every RTS/TBS game that comes out and 90% of them are shit compared to the classics.

Part of it is the "clone" problem. Classic, extremely good titles cut out a space in any field, which limits new titles from occupying the same space. Until we're at least a "gaming generation" away (7-8 years), it's hard to avoid the comparisons and that can kill larger games. 

And a lot of the value of a re-master is actually the change in hardware. Modern color spaces, resolutions and pixel sizes make older titles look far & away worse than when they launched. The switch to LCD from CRT actually makes a lot of older games hard on the eyes. Plus, we're talking about re-master of Triple A games from the past. They were big budget, large staff creations of their time. 

In other news, we're on the 3rd(?) re-master of Shadow of the Colossus. We can expect the 4K60 remaster in 2023. Haha.  Just wait for Skyrim 2020.

What's the point of remastering WC3, it still looks good.

Maybe do WC1 or WC2 in a new engine.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Just btw, Game Debate is the wccf of gaming. Take their stuff with a bargeful of salt.

salt-ship-from-chile.png

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

40 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Part of it is the "clone" problem. Classic, extremely good titles cut out a space in any field, which limits new titles from occupying the same space. Until we're at least a "gaming generation" away (7-8 years), it's hard to avoid the comparisons and that can kill larger games.

Most of the good classic RTS games are well past the 8 year mark though, WC3 was 2002 and WC3:FT was 2003 so we're a good 15 years past the last classic RTS.

AOE2 1999, AOE3 2005 which is a giant turd. GlaCiv 2 vs GalCiv 3 (even though I like GalCiv 3 it's not as good). I think Sins of a Solar Empire is about the only truly good RTS game that has come out after the golden age of RTS games. The Total War series has been consistently good however they are making the games a bit too technically complex which makes the turn times near unbearable, same comments were made when the older ones came out though and when I play them now on my modern computer WOW so much more enjoyable than back then. 

58 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Just btw, Game Debate is the wccf of gaming. Take their stuff with a bargeful of salt.

salt-ship-from-chile.png

I've checked around and it's been confirmed on other websites, I'll post more sources in the morning.

41 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Most of the good classic RTS games are well past the 8 year mark though, WC3 was 2002 and WC3:FT was 2003 so we're a good 15 years past the last classic RTS.

AOE2 1999, AOE3 2005 which is a giant turd. GlaCiv 2 vs GalCiv 3 (even though I like GalCiv 3 it's not as good). I think Sins of a Solar Empire is about the only truly good RTS game that has come out after the golden age of RTS games. The Total War series has been consistently good however they are making the games a bit too technically complex which makes the turn times near unbearable, same comments were made when the older ones came out though and when I play them now on my modern computer WOW so much more enjoyable than back then. 

There's been a couple good RTS games recently, though not as many as during the Golden Age. Offworld Trading Company and They Are Billions are two that come to mind.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

55 minutes ago, leadeater said:

In hilarious synchronisity, I actually blame DRM for the fall of the RTS genre. RTS are the types of game that lend themselves to playing directly with friends more than online match-making (which is something the MOBA genre actually works around with the 5-man teams), so the rise of per-unit DRM like we have now makes it a fairly solo experience. 

That's only partially a joke. MMOs are what clearly killed the RTS space, then the move to everyone getting a Smartphone over a computer.

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

In hilarious synchronisity, I actually blame DRM for the fall of the RTS genre. RTS are the types of game that lend themselves to playing directly with friends more than online match-making (which is something the MOBA genre actually works around with the 5-man teams), so the rise of per-unit DRM like we have now makes it a fairly solo experience. 

I can't remember which game it was but for local LAN multiplayer only one person required a purchased copy, everyone else could play with them. Extremely good idea in my view, lining up 4+ friends who all have the same game is a right pain, RTS games just aren't good with only 2 and AI isn't a replacement for actual people.

42 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

ahhh... makes me remember the old days of "verses AI 5 hours a day" time....

hmmmmmm youth.....

"Our champion has fallen" "The alliance town needs help" xD

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside