Laravel auth for API (Passport?)

Joveice

Hello,

So I had this really bad auth method that I would like to change out. I have tried to look into passport but I'm not sure if this is what I was looking for or not, as I didn't really understand what passport did other than some API for Vue.

Am I looking in the right direction or should I look into something else? I want a user to create a token, then he can use that token in his API calls for a REST API.

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"

Laravel Passport is indeed an OAuth2 service you can install and enable for your API. A front-end, coded in Vue is shipped with it that allows consumers of your API to register their 3rd party app and generate a key for it.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

21 minutes ago, Limecat86 said:

Laravel Passport is indeed an OAuth2 service you can install and enable for your API. A front-end, coded in Vue is shipped with it that allows consumers of your API to register their 3rd party app and generate a key for it.

Hm, I want users to click a button and get their API and a button to regenerate it. Nothing else.

But the tokens created from this aren't they ridiculously long?

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"