Benq vs Asus

bougarri

hi i mainly play csgo and R6 and some pubg i want to buy either the benq 2540 1080p 240hz or the asus XG258Q (btw what is the difference between the XG258 and the pg258) which one have the lowest response time and input lag also i heard that the asus one is more brigther.i want to go pro so i want the monitor with that will give me the most advantage i dont rly care about price

i could also buy the benq 2730 or 2735 1440p 144hz but i dont think it is worth it since i am very competitive player i just want the lowest response time and input lag 

Response time isn't what they actually mean, plus you won't able to see a difference between a 1ms and 5ms screen if it was what they was advertised. Just get whatever is cheaper

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

23 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Response time isn't what they actually mean, plus you won't able to see a difference between a 1ms and 5ms screen if it was what they was advertised. Just get whatever is cheaper

what monitor input lag is 5ms ??cause the benq one is 1ms

and as i said before i dont care bout price i want advantage

Just now, bougarri said:

what monitor input lag is 5ms ??cause the benq one is 1ms

and as i said before i dont care bout price i want advantage

The advertised response time is GTG (Gray to Gray) latency which is just a marketing stunt as that is not something that matters in games. Actual response time is very different (and much higher than advertised) on gaming monitors like these, the IPS has usually almost as low response time as the TN panel with the advantage of IPS having also much lower input lag than the TN.

To see which monitor is really better you would have to find reviews where they actually measured the response times and input lag.

But just from a common sense logic... the 240Hz monitor will be much more "competitive" than the 144Hz/165Hz one.

I always check reviews that includes input lag analysis, if the models I'm looking at have none, then I just look at other monitors. Fyi the benq 2730 is measured to about 22 ms, I generally aim for 10 ms. The X ms advertised with the product has nothing to do with input lag as @WereCat is trying to convey.

Edit: the 22ms number is measured at 60Hz I believe, so actual input lag will be lower when playing FPS games without the 60 fps limitation. :P

1 minute ago, NuDimon said:

I always check reviews that includes input lag analysis, if the models I'm looking at have none, then I just look at other monitors. Fyi the benq 2730 is measured to about 22 ms, I generally aim for 10 ms. The X ms advertised with the product has nothing to do with input lag as @WereCat is trying to convey.

I thought that I clearly distinguished that Response time is not input lag. I am saying that IPS has lower input lag than TN and ALSO that most gaming IPS monitor usually have a very similar response time to the gaming TN monitors. 

Input lag is also affected by the Hz of the monitor and the FPS you are getting in the game so in this case, 1080p 240Hz will definitely have lower input lag than the 1440p 144Hz just from the pure FPS perspective.