Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roasted pinnaple

continuous blue screen after power outage

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I recently had a power outage in my area while my pc was running and although its on multiple surge protectors every time I use my computer it crashing a couple seconds after logging in so im pretty sure windows is corrupt and I cant do anything to fix the problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roasted pinnaple said:

I recently had a power outage in my area while my pc was running and although its on multiple surge protectors every time I use my computer it crashing a couple seconds after logging in so im pretty sure windows is corrupt and I cant do anything to fix the problem

Yeah sounds like the data is corrupted, you can try recovering anything crucial by taking out the drive and seeing if you can access it via another system but your probably going to need to reinstall windows at this rate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I have everything important backed up to the the cloud so I dont really care if i lose any data on the drive. but the problem is I cant reset windows because I cant use the computer for more than 30 seconds at a time before it crashes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, roasted pinnaple said:

I have everything important backed up to the the cloud so I dont really care if i lose any data on the drive. but the problem is I cant reset windows because I cant use the computer for more than 30 seconds at a time before it crashes 

Boot into the BIOS and use a windows USB installer from there to wipe the drive and start from a clean slate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Boot into the BIOS and use a windows USB installer from there to wipe the drive and start from a clean slate. 

does this mean I would have to purchase windows again and completely start over? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roasted pinnaple said:

does this mean I would have to purchase windows again and completely start over? 

You don't have the Windows key saved or noted down somewhere? The key won't expire if your just reinstalling it into the same system. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The activation servers will recognise the PC, as long as the hardware is the same. So, when it asks for activation key, just skip it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×