continuous blue screen after power outage

roasted pinnaple

I recently had a power outage in my area while my pc was running and although its on multiple surge protectors every time I use my computer it crashing a couple seconds after logging in so im pretty sure windows is corrupt and I cant do anything to fix the problem

2 minutes ago, roasted pinnaple said:

I recently had a power outage in my area while my pc was running and although its on multiple surge protectors every time I use my computer it crashing a couple seconds after logging in so im pretty sure windows is corrupt and I cant do anything to fix the problem

Yeah sounds like the data is corrupted, you can try recovering anything crucial by taking out the drive and seeing if you can access it via another system but your probably going to need to reinstall windows at this rate. 

I have everything important backed up to the the cloud so I dont really care if i lose any data on the drive. but the problem is I cant reset windows because I cant use the computer for more than 30 seconds at a time before it crashes 

3 minutes ago, roasted pinnaple said:

I have everything important backed up to the the cloud so I dont really care if i lose any data on the drive. but the problem is I cant reset windows because I cant use the computer for more than 30 seconds at a time before it crashes 

Boot into the BIOS and use a windows USB installer from there to wipe the drive and start from a clean slate. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Boot into the BIOS and use a windows USB installer from there to wipe the drive and start from a clean slate. 

does this mean I would have to purchase windows again and completely start over? 

1 minute ago, roasted pinnaple said:

does this mean I would have to purchase windows again and completely start over? 

You don't have the Windows key saved or noted down somewhere? The key won't expire if your just reinstalling it into the same system. 

The activation servers will recognise the PC, as long as the hardware is the same. So, when it asks for activation key, just skip it.