AMD Releases Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q1 WHQL with Up To 47% faster performance year over year

AlTech

Last year, AMD released their new Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition for consumers. AMD is now releasing it for Professionals and the Enterprise.

radeon_pro_software_enterprise_edition_1

This week AMD has released the first quarterly Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition driver drop of the year, aptly numbered 18.Q1 WHQL. Coming on the heels of December's major driver update on the consumer side, this is the first enterprise package based on Adrenalin Edition Pro drivers. As such, 18.Q1 incorporates new Adrenalin Pro ReLive enhancements, Pro Overlay, Pro-oriented Connect Tab, and ProRender plugin updates. Likewise, as the first post-Windows 10 Fall Creators Update enterprise driver, 18.Q1 is intended for Fall Creators Update and formally supports Mixed Reality. Rounding out this quarterly release are performance optimizations for professional applications, VDI & graphics virtualization updates, and a number of bug fixes.

With this new Edition comes some cool new features exclusive to Radeon Pro users such as Radeon(TM) Pro ReLive,

Touching on the highlights of Adrenalin Pro features, AMD referred to new Pro ReLive features like borderless region capture, microphone track separation, and chroma key background transparency, as well as Radeon Pro Overlay for Pro ReLive.

And that's not all that's changed. AMD are citing Up To 47% faster performance year over year compared to Radeon Pro Software Enterprise 17.Q1

radeon_pro_software_enterprise_edition_1#

radeon_pro_software_enterprise_edition_1

So yeah, cool. I have to wonder if Radeon Pro based Macs will get something like this in the future. It would be cool to see borderless capture region added to Radeon ReLive (non pro).

1 Software update per Quarter actually doesn't sound like much at all. Well, if it helps AMD's bottom line then I can't fault them :P. Cos Professionals and Enterprise make a lot more profit per GPU than Consumers.

Source:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12439/amd-releases-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-edition-18q1

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Don't mind me, I'm just here for the blue charts and pics

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

37 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

1 Software update per Quarter actually doesn't sound like much at all. Well, if it helps AMD's bottom line then I can't fault them :P. Cos Professionals and Enterprise make a lot more profit per GPU than Consumers.

I think most enterprise customers would be annoyed by frequent updates. I also think that many probably don't update quarterly anyway. 

As a CAD guy this......

Doesnt really affect me because Inventor doesn't utilize GPU power a whole lot BUT STILL. Cool for anyone running 3DS MAX

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25