Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ImplosiveNUTech

Apple’s New Spaceship Campus Has One Flaw – and It Hurts

I want pictures of employees walking into the glass....XD

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing. ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates.

About Myself: https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Do people on smartphones now equal birds flying into windows???  

Just couldn't help modifying a part of the Humane Societies bird tips for this... xD

http://m.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/bird_safe_windows.html

How to help an employees who has walked into a window

• Gently cover and catch the employee with a towel and place them in a paper bag or cardboard box (with air holes) that is securely closed.
  • Keep the employee in a quiet, warm, dark place, away from activity.
  • Check on the employee every 30 minutes, but don't touch the employee.
  • If the employee seems to recover, carry the container outside and open it. Then step back, remain quiet, and see if the employee walks away. If they don't walk  away, carefully take them back inside.
  • If the employee doesn't recover within a few hours, but is still breathing, contact an Apple rehabilitator.
5 hours ago, themctipers said:

this isn't a flaw.

this is a e s t h e t i c

fucking.. people...

Did you mean:

Spoiler

11-854-041-02.jpg

FUNCTION OVER AESTHETICS PEOPLE

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Cadence

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M      Cooling Cryorig H7

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Did you mean:

Hide contents

11-854-041-02.jpg

i dont get it

Monitor Poll |

i7 3770k @ 1.28v 4.4GHz | 4x8GB CAS9 1600MHz | GTX 760 | ASUS P8Z77-V LE | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

Legacy:

Spoiler

pc -> preamp -> splitter -> my 'crossover' (equalizer set to +12db on 35-200hz, twice since its a stereo one and im using it as mono), my amp

'crossover' -> amp (cheapo ebay board) -> subwoofer

Equalizer: Pioneer SG-60

eBay amp: Generic 100w with terrible traits 

PC -> 3.5mm to RCA -> L = Speaker Set3, R = Pre Amp -> Amp -> Speaker Set1/2

Speaker Set3 = Subwoofer (Altec Lansing VS4121 subwoofer, the amp is using the built in amp with that sub)

Speaker Set1 = 'Tweeters' (2x Panasonic SB-FS900 Surround Speakers)

Speaker Set2 = 'Mid Ranged' (Center speaker from Panasonic SB-FS900, Generic 'JS Hi-Fi Speakers'

Total: 1 subwoofer, 2 midranged, 2 tweeters

Pre Amp: Onkyo P-308

Amp: Onkyo M-508

Speaker Set2 is set to -5db using my Amp, quieter because I don't like my mids to be as loud as my highs/lows

no more 'no buzz', it's hearable with the subwoofer. 

138 is a good number.

You expected a easter egg? No.

11 minutes ago, themctipers said:

i dont get it

A case that aesthetically was pleasing to everyone but had almost Zero airflow because of improper ventilation, making the case just a big hot box for the sake of attrractivness

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Cadence

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M      Cooling Cryorig H7

30 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

A case that aesthetically was pleasing to everyone but had almost Zero airflow because of improper ventilation, making the case just a big hot box for the sake of attrractivness

but this time its actually nice

as in no overheating.. humans.

only idiots who walk into panes of glass

Monitor Poll |

i7 3770k @ 1.28v 4.4GHz | 4x8GB CAS9 1600MHz | GTX 760 | ASUS P8Z77-V LE | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

Legacy:

Spoiler

pc -> preamp -> splitter -> my 'crossover' (equalizer set to +12db on 35-200hz, twice since its a stereo one and im using it as mono), my amp

'crossover' -> amp (cheapo ebay board) -> subwoofer

Equalizer: Pioneer SG-60

eBay amp: Generic 100w with terrible traits 

PC -> 3.5mm to RCA -> L = Speaker Set3, R = Pre Amp -> Amp -> Speaker Set1/2

Speaker Set3 = Subwoofer (Altec Lansing VS4121 subwoofer, the amp is using the built in amp with that sub)

Speaker Set1 = 'Tweeters' (2x Panasonic SB-FS900 Surround Speakers)

Speaker Set2 = 'Mid Ranged' (Center speaker from Panasonic SB-FS900, Generic 'JS Hi-Fi Speakers'

Total: 1 subwoofer, 2 midranged, 2 tweeters

Pre Amp: Onkyo P-308

Amp: Onkyo M-508

Speaker Set2 is set to -5db using my Amp, quieter because I don't like my mids to be as loud as my highs/lows

no more 'no buzz', it's hearable with the subwoofer. 

138 is a good number.

You expected a easter egg? No.

As employees are walking into panes of glass... meanwhile in the parking lot of Apple's campus...

truck.jpg

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Windows 10 Home  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 7 Ultimate | Kali Linux

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (8.0) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) 

Lol, it would be like Apple to remove safety measures from their glass panes because "they don't look good".

Reminds me of the hundreds of thousands of birds that die in migration in the US because of the glass on high-rise buildings. It's actually kind of insane how many birds die to thinking that there's no glass where there is. And you can certainly not tell the birdies to "git gud" like you can with humans.

Energy Dragon OTP

You shall not be forgotten

The Glorious PSU Tier list is back in action!

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)
Framepainting-inator: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB (Sometimes as high as 1450 core, 2310 memory) (mining as we speak)

Attachcorethingy: GA-H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333 CAS 9

Computerarmor: CM Elite 360 (Moddded to all hell by now)

Rememberdoogle: 120GB Trion 150 + 1TB WD RE+

AdditionalPylons: Corsair CX450M

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: EVGA Torq X3

Auralnterface: $15 Philips earbuds yay

Liquidrectangles: AOC G2260VWQ6 (Freesync 75Hz), Samsung SMB2030N (1600x900 VGA)

Brother's Computer:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel i3-2100 (carry over from my old build)
Framepainting-inator: GTX 650 Ti

Attachcorethingy: Intel Z68 (don't know anything else, got it from ebay for like $40)

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x2GB 1333MHz C9

Computerarmor: Ashamed to say

Rememberdoogle: 120GB SP550 + 500GB 2.5" from a laptop

AdditionalPylons: Antec Basiq BP350 (not as loud as @STRMfrmXMN says it is)

Letterpad: Logitech MK120 bundle

Buttonrodent: See above

Auralnterface: Hah! You wish

Liquidrectangles: Samsung 1600x900 + LG 1440x900

6 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Lol, it would be like Apple to remove safety measures from their glass panes because "they don't look good".

Reminds me of the hundreds of thousands of birds that die in migration in the US because of the glass on high-rise buildings. It's actually kind of insane how many birds die to thinking that there's no glass where there is. And you can certainly not tell the birdies to "git gud" like you can with humans.

Well, you can try telling the birds to "git gud", it's just not going to do anything...  Hopefully less birds run into their windows than employees.

I think a more interesting side point on this is that reading a MarketWatch article on this, they point out that Apple could be in violation of California workplace safety laws if they removed safety markings from their windows for 'aesthetic' reasons...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/people-are-walking-into-glass-at-the-new-apple-headquarters-2018-02-15

While the issue might seem humorous, there are workplace regulations that Apple could be violating. California law requires that “employees shall be protected against the hazard of walking through glass by barriers or by conspicuous durable markings,” but the company has not been subject to citations, according to U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration data. If Apple was found to violate the law, it could be subjected to fines and other measures to ensure the company addressed the problem, according to a spokeswoman from the California Department of Industrial relations.

7 hours ago, Implosivetech said:

83 year olds aren't going to be glued to their phones, they look where they are going

Nope, even before my Dad had a stroke he didn't look where he was going, he's now 87... now he CAN'T see where he's going very well at all, has very poor peripheral vision, and his overall eyesight is REALLY bad right now.

My mum also doesn't look where she's going, she's walked into me quite a few times as she's looking at something to the side or even behind her as she's walking forward, LOL... makes me laugh apart from when  she's knocked scalding hot coffee all over me xD

[edit] they don't look at their phones though... they don't hardly know how to even, lol

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you, I may not see your post otherwise.

PSU tier list

Spoiler
  • PCs:-
  • AM4 1700 build https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/26ZrTH
  • AMD Ryzen 1700 w/ Wraith Spire cooler @3.75 1.269V - ASrock AB350M Pro 4  - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz RAM @3066Mhz  - Crucial M500 M.2 SSD 240GB - Zotac GTX 1050 mini - 2TB HDD - Thermaltake Core V21 -  EVGA Supernova P2 850W Platinum PSU - Pioneer BD writer in external USB 3.0 5.25 chassis.
  • AMD phenom II 1055t / 8GB RAM / DVD writer
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • Deadpool server -  i7 6700K - Cryorig C7 cooler - b250 mobo - fractal design node 804 - 3x4TiB Seagate Iron Wolfs - EVGA Supernova G2 650W Gold PSU
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • WD mycloud 3TB
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Nvidia Shield K1 tablet
  • Lenovo k3 note
  • Windows tablet

In all seriousness I would expect their 'Spaceship campus' to use some groundbreaking new shade of space grey.

Anyways its not bad design by Apple. Their people would still be walking into walls even if it was opaque. The cases where people walked into the glass, they obviously meant to do it.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

I do not offer free or paid insurance coverage to anyone let alone bungee jumpers and skydivers.

I do not work in a profession or for a business that has anything to do with the tech/gaming industry.

Imagine if someone threw a rock at one of the widows....

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Original Config

CPU: i5 6500, Graphics Card:  ASUS dual gtx 1070, Case: thermaltake core v21, PSU: EVGA 600B, Motherboard: msi b150m bazooka, HDD: WD blue 1tb, SSD: Sandisk z400s 250GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz 8gb (x2)

23 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

According to Apple they only had to rope off the areas because the roof heating system wasn't working properly (but was presumably promptly fixed). Of course you can argue that it's a bad design if it needs help to accommodate snow, but that's kind of the nature of architecture. 

.... Why not just install a fucking gutter system?

It'd be more economical and environmentally friendly because it doesn't require power...If you need these reasons to just do what make sense in the first place.

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose. By now your name and particulars have been fed into every laptop, desktop, mainframe and supermarket scanner that collectively make up the global information conspiracy, otherwise known as The Beast.

You just be careful. Computers have already beaten the Communists at chess. Next thing you know, they'll be beating humans.

20 hours ago, Energycore said:

Birbs used to fly into my house but they don't anymore.

Looks like they learned to git gud.

Looks like you can tell a birb to git gud. Get rekt scrub *dabs*

Intel Core i7 5820K | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS RVE | Trident Z 3200MHz 4x4GB | GTX 980 K|NGP|N 2-Way SLi

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Black 32GB | Exynos 8890 Octa | SanDisk Ultra 200GB SDXC

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Valley | Superposition

On 2/17/2018 at 5:09 AM, DrMacintosh said:

Apple is not responsible for people not looking where they are going.....

No, but just like everyone else they are responsible for making sure the workplace is safe.   People don't just walk into glass doors because they are distracted, sometimes they just don't see it because by it's very nature and intention it is transparent.

Also they have a duty of care to people who are visually impaired.  This is why all steps are mandated to have colored edges in some countries.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Both my brothers, at the time, worked for the company that put all the glass up. I sent them both the article, and laughed their asses off. 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

12 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

It'd be more economical and environmentally friendly because it doesn't require power...If you need these reasons to just do what make sense in the first place.

Gutters don't work with heavy snow or unregulated build up.

On the endless quest
So far into the west
Where history and destiny collide

Your luck will last forever and
The truth will never die
The fates shall be eternal on your side
Prepare to roll the dice just one more time

With the stars in the sky our guide
Voyage ever onwards
Set a course to the other side
Of the endless oceans blue

Treasure Island
Oh, the legends told of a land of rum and plunder
Treasure Island
On a quest for gold we'll sail the seven seas

Pyo.

Is Apple making zombie-proof glass? F#CKING AWESOME!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

omg xD that's hilarious

Although I'm not sure I can actually blame apple for a bad design in this case.  I mean, people on their phones walk into all sorts of things due to a lack of attention, so I'm pretty sure that's the real issue here, not the glass.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

omg xD that's hilarious

Although I'm not sure I can actually blame apple for a bad design in this case.  I mean, people on their phones walk into all sorts of things due to a lack of attention, so I'm pretty sure that's the real issue here, not the glass.

You should see the zombies who walk around NYC with their heads buried in the phones.... 

Damn kids! 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

14 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Because design and aesthetics is critical to architectural design; it's not all about function. But as @Drak3 said, snow and ice causes problems for any flat roof.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.