Aaeon EMB-QM77 Motherboard takes 14pin power power connector?

Go to solution Solved by HunterAP,

Guess I should've marked this solved months ago.
The seller I bought this from included a power brick and connector for it that goes from the power brick to the PC as a 4-pin power connector, so it all worked out fine. System works great, no issues.

I had a laptop where the motherboard is basically fried, but the CPU and RAM still work perfectly fine. I want to put those into a different motherboard that's more reliable, and came across the EMB-QM77 by Aaeon.

Here is the ebay page for reference.

The thing is, this mobo takes a 14pin power connecter rather than the traditional 24pin power connector. The CPU is rated for 45 watts, and I only have the RAM and a hard drive or two that I want to put into it, so I don't think that the 14pin is a bottleneck, necessarily. My main concern is if I should get a 24-to-14 pin adapter, or if there is a reliable PSU that has a 14pin connector.

Any help is really appreciated!

@TheSLSAMG He recently bought this and sold this to someone.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

1 hour ago, HunterAP said:

I had a laptop where the motherboard is basically fried, but the CPU and RAM still work perfectly fine. I want to put those into a different motherboard that's more reliable, and came across the EMB-QM77 by Aaeon.

Here is the ebay page for reference.

The thing is, this mobo takes a 14pin power connecter rather than the traditional 24pin power connector. The CPU is rated for 45 watts, and I only have the RAM and a hard drive or two that I want to put into it, so I don't think that the 14pin is a bottleneck, necessarily. My main concern is if I should get a 24-to-14 pin adapter, or if there is a reliable PSU that has a 14pin connector.

Any help is really appreciated!

I actually bought mine from that seller specifically. it does not use a 14-pin power connector, it uses a standard 4-pin CPU power connector (the white connector in the top left corner). So if you want to power it with a normal PSU, you will need a 24-pin bridge like this. Just plug the 4-pin into the board, plug the bridge into the 24-pin connector with the PSU switched off and switch it on.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

4 hours ago, TheSLSAMG said:

I actually bought mine from that seller specifically. it does not use a 14-pin power connector, it uses a standard 4-pin CPU power connector (the white connector in the top left corner). So if you want to power it with a normal PSU, you will need a 24-pin bridge like this. Just plug the 4-pin into the board, plug the bridge into the 24-pin connector with the PSU switched off and switch it on.

The next listing I found for the same mobo is this one.

It includes a server case, and the seller is including the 12 volt connector that fits into a daughter-board that comes with the unit. Is this a better buy than getting just the mobo listed earlier, and then getting a separate PSU and the bridge adapter as well?

8 minutes ago, HunterAP said:

The next listing I found for the same mobo is this one.

It includes a server case, and the seller is including the 12 volt connector that fits into a daughter-board that comes with the unit. Is this a better buy than getting just the mobo listed earlier, and then getting a separate PSU and the bridge adapter as well?

I'd say that for cleanness, it's a better choice. You would need the AC adapter though, and the seller is selling those separately (which you have to contact them to get.)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

And just to make sure before I order this product, the QM77 chipset/socket will fit an i7-3630QM CPU, right?

• 8 months later...

i have same setup
AAEON EMB-QM77

i7-3630QM

EVGA GTX 780 sc acx

2x4 GB ddr3 1600mhz ram

there is no bottleneck
no problem with fitting
just connect the green cable with the black one in the 24pin connector
u have also 2 sata 3 ports and 2 sata 2
port 0.1 sata 3 (which known port 1,2 in bios Cz u have cfast port )
port 2.3 sata 2 (which known port 3,4 in bios )
no bottleneck even Cinebench 567 score

but there is a thing you should care about
CPU COOLING
look for 50*50mm fan to fit perfect over the heatsink with +14 CFM
the stock blower that came with it can't hold the temp perfect
any other help im here pm me

5.PNG.238881b7bcdd5e1702eac9957fb90a94.PNG

Guess I should've marked this solved months ago.
The seller I bought this from included a power brick and connector for it that goes from the power brick to the PC as a 4-pin power connector, so it all worked out fine. System works great, no issues.