Can you use a different/off brand monitor PSU for your display?

Go to solution Solved by deXxterlab97,

Yes.

HI! I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I tried to search but I could't find anything related.

I'm giving my nephew my old monitor so he can have a multi monitor set up for his school works (and games.)

http://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/led-s19b150n/

However I could not find the PSU/power adapter for the unit anywhere, so I'm looking to buy a replacement, however amazon only have this one available 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJAM52E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AXZD0AJNQX5UZ&psc=1

without expedited prime shipping, the cost + shipping cost  totalling $14.88 and might take a while to come.

Her Bday is coming up in a few days, so I'm just wondering is it possible for a similar/off brand PSU to work with the  monitor as long as it the same voltage?

something like https://www.amazon.com/Doctor-INC-SyncMaster-S22A300B-S20A350B/dp/B013FKSHB0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1518780163&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+14v+dc+monitor+power+supply&dpID=51OlHqdu02L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

where it could arrive before her birthday and doesn't come with an extra shipping cost.

Thank you for your answers in advance! it will help me greatly. Cheers! 

Yes.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Yes.

thank you for the quick reply! much appreciated for the confirmation. xD

6 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

Don't order psu from china or noname.  Spend a bit more and get a safe psu.

will do. I don't generally have a good experience with chinese hardware, one of them actually caught on fire, good thing it din't kill me. :/
Thanks for the reminder, cheers.

edit: though admittedly, its extremely hard to find a specific replacement piece on amazon without seeing "made in china" ..

52 minutes ago, GrandExchange said:

will do. I don't generally have a good experience with chinese hardware, one of them actually caught on fire, good thing it din't kill me. :/
Thanks for the reminder, cheers.

edit: though admittedly, its extremely hard to find a specific replacement piece on amazon without seeing "made in china" ..

made in china doesn't have to say anything about the product tbh. i've had some with incredible coil whine, but i also have a monitor adapter without a brand name that has been rocking a 1080P monitor for close to 2 years now. you just gotta have luck i guess.