I Ran Aida64 on my 8700 with Cooler master evo

IamODIN
3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why do you have a 92mm rear exhaust? The case should come with a stock 120mm fan at the front and another 120mm in the rear. 

the fan is really really poor at the back. barely taking the air out so i mounted it at the top and put a smaller fan that can do a better job

2 minutes ago, IamODIN said:

the fan is really really poor at the back. barely taking the air out so i mounted it at the top and put a smaller fan that can do a better job

Temp spikes can also indicate that the cooler isn't properly mounted. Have you tried reseating it? It's important that it's evenly mounted and it's easier to do so when the screws are tightened gradually in an X pattern.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Temp spikes can also indicate that the cooler isn't properly mounted. Have you tried reseating it? It's important that it's evenly mounted and it's easier to do so when the screws are tightened gradually in an X pattern.

I did a reseat some days ago.. I'm running aida64 again and so far things seem to he better..ill let you know more further down the stress test 

40 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

okay so i ran aida64 again and i set the fixed vcore voltage to 1.100 and these were the temps 

SfThNoH.png

then i set it to 1.150 and these were the temps

fMavkXZ.png

both ran just 15 minutes but they dont seem to struggle to increase further 

Just now, IamODIN said:

they dont seem to struggle to increase further 

If that's the case, you're good. Just check for stability by running a stress test overnight if possible. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

If that's the case, you're good. Just check for stability by running a stress test overnight if possible. 

when you stay stability what do you mean exactly? i want to know so i wud have an idea of what to look out for

Just now, IamODIN said:

when you stay stability what do you mean exactly? i want to know so i wud have an idea of what to look out for

If the voltage is too low, it could be unstable and result in errors. If the system is unstable, the system will usually freeze or crash during a 12hr stress test. The longer the test without crashes, the more likely the system is stable. 

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

If the voltage is too low, it could be unstable and result in errors. If the system is unstable, the system will usually freeze or crash during a 12hr stress test. The longer the test without crashes, the more likely the system is stable. 

oh i see. thanks for that 

7 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

this is the settings i went to

ZKDoIex.jpg

then 

QVU94Y0.jpg

14 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

look at this one cure is magically 59c. what do you suggest?

GecMyDW.png

look at this one cure is magically 59c. what do you suggest?

I'm not sure what you mean. If your temps are fine and the undervolt is stable, there should be nothing else to worry about.

I'm not sure what you mean. If your temps are fine and the undervolt is stable, there should be nothing else to worry about.

i mean looking at the max temps.. is it normal for one core to be more than 10c hotter than the rest?

i mean looking at the max temps.. is it normal for one core to be more than 10c hotter than the rest?

It's normal if the system isn't at load and hasn't been stress tested for an extended period of time. 

It's normal if the system isn't at load and hasn't been stress tested for an extended period of time. 

oh i see