Android redirect virus?

So it appears somehow i picked up an adware. Occasionally random sites started loading in my browser. As im tech-savy guy, alarms went off. Dloaded Kaspersky and afterward Malwarebytes and they "found" the guilty app and deleted it. BUT whenever i get redirected from an app to browser, it goes to random app store. Reinstall of browser didn't help as i tried other browser and it still did that. Is there anything i can do to stop that redirecting other then reset to factory settings? Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

lots of free apps redirect you when you open them to googleplay store to another app page usually a paid app so they can make money. if it only happens with specific apps then its the apps themselves and only way to stop it is to stop using said app.

(i use some that do this although its annoying its only opening the browser once per use and its just to googleplay so i just close the browser. )

if the app is redirecting you to an app site other than googleplay i would remove the app.

if a specific app is redirecting you to their own website then thats normal also just close browser.

thats my 2 cents

8700k , 32gb ram , 2080 ti ftw3 ultra , msi gaming m5 , 7.1 kilpsch rp series , denon srh750 , sony 65x900f, 27tb's hdd's+ssd's , cooler master h500p modded case

If the app is redirecting you to a Google Play page, then the default action is to launch Google Play to that app. If you don't want that, you can go to the Google Play settings in the Application Manager and go to the "Open by default" options page. You can clear out the defaults from there.

If you're using the web browser and browsing web pages, then it suddenly opens Google Play, it's likely the website really wants you to know how awesome their app is. Or the website chose poorly regarding ad servers.

• 2 weeks later...

its not opening THE google play store. its opening some random app store in web browser after its being redirected from some link