(PATCHED) Indian character crashes iOS 11.2.x, MacOS, WatchOS and 10

honestly at this point apple's QC is just a meme

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Confirmed it. The bug crashed Safari and Notes app. Now I can't open the Note app on my iPhone until I delete in on iCloud.com. Seriously Tim, it's time to fire that guy named Craig Federighi and it simply confirms that iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra are Apple's own Vista.

Edit: Now I can't open the Notes app on my iPhone despite deleting the damn thing from iCloud. :dry:

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

This is great news! How long until Apple patches this? How long until Android phones get patches at all?

Seriously, this would have been funnier if it used Japanese text. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

9 hours ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

it will crash anytime that the phone has to access that message

Yes, they just have to delete the conversation. I sent it through slack group chat and it was a jolly good time. But I did delete the characters afterwards. I can be a troll, but I won't make it permanent. Lol

Holy crap. My friend just did this to someone and it put the phone into a boot loop for 20+ minutes then when the phone eventually came on it was factory reset and was sitting at the "Hello" screen :|:|

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

7 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

Holy crap. My friend just did this to someone and it put the phone into a boot loop for 20+ minutes then when the phone eventually came on it was factory reset and was sitting at the "Hello" screen :|:|

Cant do anything to giggle a bit. Thougj i do feel sorry for that poor soul

13 hours ago, Bensemus said:

I think it has to do with how the whole OS is coded. I've never heard of any android phones crashing because of a character but it's a common story for iOS.

it was with arabic, because of how the language works, letters are different next to other letters in arabic

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Cant do anything to giggle a bit. Thougj i do feel sorry for that poor soul

Yeah we didn't expect it to do that!!! We just thought it would soft restart the iPhone and then crash messenger after that but its actually factory reset his phone and he lost photos! I've just seen other people on Reddit saying their phones got completely bricked and wouldn't come back on at all, Apple had to replace it! Thats a crazy crazy crazy bug!

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

8 hours ago, Tsuki said:

because I'm not an apple slave

Being a Google slave is just as bad...

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

8 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Seriously Tim, it's time to fire that guy named Craig Federighi and it simply confirms that iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra are Apple's own Vista.

Craig is responsible for some of the largest and best releases of iOS to date, he’s not going anywhere. 

If macOS High Sierra and iOS 11 are Apple's version of Vista then Vista must have been pretty good. I’ll admit I’ve had some

issues small issues with iOS 11, but High Sierra has been nothing but good to me. 

Its a small bug (and nobody is directly responsible), and if I’m right it will be patched today or tomorrow. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

8 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

honestly at this point apple's QC is just a meme

Can we get a disagree reaction button? ?

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

You can ask @colonel_mortis but I don't think he's gonna do it so it's not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

If macOS High Sierra and iOS 11 are Apple's version of Vista then Vista must have been pretty good. I’ll admit I’ve had some

issues small issues with iOS 11, but High Sierra has been nothing but good to me. 

You have no idea how I want to throw something at Linus when he said that iOS 11 is awesome on a WAN show. I'm pretty sure the security root bug is enough embarrassment for Apple's software quality control and a plethora of bug after bug in every iOS 11 update.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

The old Effective Power bug used the same character, no? Does anyone know why this has resurfaced?

13 hours ago, Jasco1997 said:

This is great. I already texted it to everybody I know with Iphone, posted it to Facebook, and sent it to everybody on my Snapchat.

Damn. You must be lonely and sad. 

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

1 minute ago, Natsoup said:

The old Effective Power bug used the same character, no? Does anyone know why this has resurfaced?

Damn. You must be lonely and sad. 

If he wasn't before, he probably is now ^^

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

15 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I'm pretty sure the security root bug is enough embarrassment for Apple's software quality control and a plethora of bug after bug in every iOS 11 update

It really wasn’t. Noticed how nobody talks about it now? Why? Because it was patched. 

When Apple is made aware of a bug and patches it before anyone can think of implementing it with any real repercussions the media and users tend not to care. 

Since 11.2 iOS 11 has been great and keep in mind I’m running a 6s Plus. Most people with issues have probably been updating since iOS 9 and haven’t done a reset and restore in a while. 

Doing that is not a bad idea for every large iOS update if you ask me. 

18 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

You have no idea how I want to throw something at Linus when he said that iOS 11 is awesome on a WAN show. I'm pretty sure the security root bug is enough embarrassment for Apple's software quality control and a plethora of bug after bug in every iOS 11 update.

I still honestly really like iOS 11 and never had any issues that actually effected me. There are a few design changes I wish were made, but it's all around better than iOS 10 in my use case.

14 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

It was a different character. 

DWFFlPMVAAA6che.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.36.01 AM.png

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

22 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I still honestly really like iOS 11 and never had any issues that actually effected me. There are a few design changes I wish were made, but it's all around better than iOS 10 in my use case

Agreed. I like it a lot and tbh I think thought I wouldn’t get used to the new Control Center but I did and actually rather like the options it gives you. 

My biggest gripe with Apple of late is actually from watchOS. They removed the ability to control playlists and tracks on your phone from your Watch!* Like wth! 

Its not too bad though, I just sync my top tracks to my Watch from my phone and connect my watch to a Bluetooth speaker or something. 

* you can still skip/pause/play tracks, just not Select tracks/playlists/albums specifically unless they are on your Watch. 

4 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I remember a long time ago a joke/story going around about if Microsoft made cars, (Actually here it is: http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/pnw/microsoftjoke.htm) and I can't help but think how the same could be used on Apple now.  In light of the long list of problems they've had over the last many months, I have to assume the Apple Car would function like this:

• You can open it without the key and hack into any system function by pulling on the locked door handle 3 times
  • If it encounters a bump or gets rained on, it just stops working

Honestly it is meme worthy at this point xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

To be fair. The symbol doesn't crash ios but just the application you type (receive?) the character. 

huh, it's a South Indian Language called "Telugu", rather interesting as there's another language called "Kannada" that has the same letters a bit variant, wonder if that caused the same bug on iphones. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

On 16/02/2018 at 4:02 PM, DrMacintosh said:

My biggest gripe with Apple of late is actually from watchOS. They removed the ability to control playlists and tracks on your phone from your Watch!* Like wth! 

That got me to call Apple Care for the first time ever! I got the Watch OS update, went out and was bewildered what happened.

Got through to T2, and they didn't know either. They said they'd contact me when they found something out; got an email a day later explaining it's working as intended that; and it was a change in the OS.

Apparently Apple's gotten enough feedback; and they're bringing it back in the next big Watch OS update apparently. Really looking forward to that.

I don't like the idea of sync'ing the music to my watch; and since you can't get the Cellular Watch in Ireland; I couldn't just use Apple music to stream it either.

It's also good that Apple recently announced a push back on new features; to focus entirely on performance and stability. 

I for one welcome that; I don't care too much about the need of new features each update; I would like a Snow Leopard for iOS though. Even though I haven't run into any of the bugs that have recently made news.

Neither has any family members; and they're all on Apple devices.

On 16/02/2018 at 8:59 PM, Cheezdoodlez said:

To be fair. The symbol doesn't crash ios but just the application you type (receive?) the character. 

That's correct; although as long as the chat/thread is open; it'll keep crashing when you reopen the app.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

4 hours ago, VanayadGaming said:

Can someone post the character here? :P I need it for research purposes :))

No. Some users are browsing the forum on mobile, and that would include iOS devices.

I've already edited a reply that contained the character.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !