Poll: How would you prefer to pay for the next LTX 2018?

NTDaws

Paying for Tickets  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Answer below

• Ticketmaster
    • Ticketrocket
    • Second hand tickets
    • Third party ticket (risky)
    • Purchase through the Forum

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on Mar 10, 2018 at 07:00 AM

Simple question, just curious what people like.

Voter names will be private. Poll closes at March 10th at midnight MST.

The geek himself.

I would say cash at the door, but that would make the line SOOOOO slow. I think the system they used last year (ticketrocket?) worked just fine. I didn't have any problems with it. But it would be wise of them to mention that the prices are in CAD (or just use USD). It should of been obous, but I thought the prices were in USD. If I knew they were in CAD I would of gotten a better package.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

If I could afford to fly out there at all, I would probably go through Ticketmaster or something like that.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Ticketrocket was fine last year, don't use Ticketmaster since those will all get bought by bots.

Do a front door option though

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

5 hours ago, Being Delirious said:

Simple question, just curious what people like.

Voter names will be private.

We're still figuring this out but the venue referred us to these guys: https://www.brownpapertickets.com/

I THINK the venue has to be partnered with a Ticketmaster or Ticketrocket for us to utilize them.

I vote for everything but Ticketmaster.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

pay for it with linus's cryptocurrency he plans to make

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Can you not add the tickets to the "Store" section of the forums? (Or maybe merch store)

@CPotter

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

I'll pay in Timbits. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

16 hours ago, Canada EH said:

because Canadian pennies are outlawed!

Nope, pennies are still legal tender. However using all pennies would be breaking the Currency Act xD

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-52/page-1.html#h-6

• (a) forty dollars if the denomination is two dollars or greater but does not exceed ten dollars;

• (b) twenty-five dollars if the denomination is one dollar;

• (c) ten dollars if the denomination is ten cents or greater but less than one dollar;

• (d) five dollars if the denomination is five cents; and

• (e) twenty-five cents if the denomination is one cent.

The number of times I've broken e... So happy they are gone.

32 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

using all pennies would be breaking the Currency Act xD

Straight to jail then

I tell you they aint gettin me alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 2/15/2018 at 1:35 PM, Justin_ said:

I would say cash at the door, but that would make the line SOOOOO slow. I think the system they used last year (ticketrocket?) worked just fine. I didn't have any problems with it. But it would be wise of them to mention that the prices are in CAD (or just use USD). It should of been obous, but I thought the prices were in USD. If I knew they were in CAD I would of gotten a better package.

Cash at the door would not be good, not just because the line would move slow.

Many people are crossing borders and making expensive trips to come to the show. Not to say that the event would ever sell out or reach capacity but it would be a shame for those people to make the long trip and to not be able to get in because the screwed up at the door. A physical ticket helps insure confidence that you will be able to attend no matter how big the event is. Plus, it's a lot easier to control...

Buying though the forums or via your own ticket management system would probably be best as it would cut down on any additional fees that would be charged. I am not a fan of the "Convenience fee" that most ticketing vendors charge.

I think people that travel to come there should buy a ticket in advance, but people who live close enough to drive there for the day (for example Vancouver, probably Seattle and maybe Portland) ought to be able to buy same-day tickets at the door.  Or, have some way to appease people who want to come, but might not know until that day if they'll be able to.  For example, either they find out that day that they're able to get it off work, or, they learn as they're 5 minutes from the venue that their mom's in the hospital, come home immediately, or whatever the situation might be.  I don't expect I'll make it up there this year (I don't have the money for any plane trips / hotel stays in 2018 and possibly 2019, not sure about 2020 yet), but I wouldn't want to spend the money on something, then find out at the last second that I couldn't go, and be out that money.

As LMG have their own payments system set up already I'd think that they could manage it internally without having to use an external ticketing system. Would hopefully also mean there weren't any additional 'booking' fees levied by the likes of Ticketmaster.