Is Thermaltake really that bad of an option

Soujiro1337

I'm planning a new build. Nothing fancy in terms of cooling, just a nice cooler for the CPU, a nice stock case and some fans. Yet reading around it seems there is a lot of hate towards Thermaltake. Should I look for other options? These are the things I'm planning to buy in the next couple weeks:

Power Supply: Thermaltake 850w Smart Pro RGB

Case: Thermaltake View 31

CPU Cooling: Deepcool Gamaxx GT RGB

Fans: Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 RGB

My initial plan is to buy the Deepcool cooler for the CPU temporarily and then buying Thermaltake Floe Triple Riing 360 TT as a more permanent solution.

Don't forget Thermaltake keyboard and mouse+mousepad

kek

8 minutes ago, Soujiro1337 said:

Power Supply: Thermaltake 850w Smart Pro RGB

Personally I would go for a power supply made by Seasonic or Super Flower as they are more trusted power supply oems. I've heard that Sirfa doesn't have the best reputation.

My Main PC

CPUIntel Core i5 6600K CPU Cooler - Corsair H80i v2 Motherboard - ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 GAMING ITX/AC RAM - 1x HyperX FURY 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 GPU - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Founders Edition  Storage - 1x HyperX FURY 120GB SSD, 1x WD Blue 1TB 2.5" HDD, 1x WD Black 330GB 2.5" HDD Power Supply - EVGA Supernova 650W G3 Case - Silverstone SUGO SG13B

In my experience Thermaltake cases are built badly, the metals are flimsy and the plastics feel and look cheap. I've never really used their coolers since there are other proven good options in their price range. If the only thing you care about is looks, then I guess Thermaltake is worth considering.

EDIT:

https://play3r.net/reviews/cases/thermaltake-view-31-rgb-edition-case-review/

Woow, the materials look horrible. Isn't this is supposed to be a $130 case?

Thermaltake does make some good PSU but they are expensive, most of them even have a Gold efficiency (which does not equal performance) are crap. They have RGB PSU just for shits and giggles even a non 80+ RGB PSU.

Corsair and Noctua and BQ makes better fans, though Noctua uses an ugly mustard poop so yeah

As for the case, Corsair has a 570X RGB if you want that and looks better

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

1 hour ago, Generallee said:

Don't forget Thermaltake keyboard and mouse+mousepad

kek

I already have Razer smh...

1 hour ago, nickyteddy said:

Personally I would go for a power supply made by Seasonic or Super Flower as they are more trusted power supply oems. I've heard that Sirfa doesn't have the best reputation.

I'll check out if this can be bought in my country, thanks for the tip. I wanted to go full RGB balls to the wall, but better not to cheap out on the PSU.

54 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Thermaltake does make some good PSU but they are expensive, most of them even have a Gold efficiency (which does not equal performance) are crap. They have RGB PSU just for shits and giggles even a non 80+ RGB PSU.

Corsair and Noctua and BQ makes better fans, though Noctua uses an ugly mustard poop so yeah

The 570X RGB was my second option, but it's a bit pricier than the Thermaltake. I may go full Corsair a this point, but I'm a bit sad there's no RGB PSU's from them.

Thermaltake has a few decent PSUs. The Smart Pros are good, not great, but good. There are better units for less/the same, like the SeaSonic FOCUS. The Riings are highly praised fans, probably due to the LED halos.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 9:20 AM, deXxterlab97 said:

Dude, quit perpetuating the myth that Noctua fans are only beige. Noctua has the ALL BLACK Chromax line now, and they also have the light grey Redux line if you want. Times have changed for the better at Noctua HQ :)

Also, I am running a Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB, and I haven't had problems yet.

Lappy: i7 8750H | GTX 1060 Max Q | 16Gb 2666Mhz RAM | 256Gb SSD | 1TB HDD | 1080p IPS panel @60Hz | Dell G5

On 16/02/2018 at 12:16 AM, Soujiro1337 said:

The 570X RGB was my second option, but it's a bit pricier than the Thermaltake. I may go full Corsair a this point, but I'm a bit sad there's no RGB PSU's from them.

Why you want to put RGB PSU on this casing by the way ? You cant see it anyways o.O