Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 C16 Overclocking

I have an Intel Core i7-6700K and an Asus Maximus IX Hero motherboard. I'm currently running this ram set at it's rated XMP profile, 3200 at 1.35 volts. I know it's completely unnecessary to go any farther, but what kind of voltage would be safe to run an overclock past it's rated XMP for daily use? Is 1.4 volts safe? Is 1.45 pushing it? I appreciate any replies, and have a nice day!

Main PC :

CPU = R9 3900X / Motherboard = Asus Crosshair 8 Hero / GPU = EVGA SC Ultra RTX 2060 / RAM = G.Skill 3600 16-19-19-39 ( 32GB / 4x8 ) / Cooling = Dark Rock Pro 4 / Storage = Western Digital Caviar Blue ( X4 ) Crucial 500GB NVME, 500GB 970 EVO/ PSU = Seasonic X-850 Modular / Case = Corsair Carbide 200R

Wireless = Asus PCE-AC56 / Keyboard & Mouse = Corsair K70 MX Blue, Logitech G203 / Headphones = Hyperx Cloud Alpha /

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, Coachdude said:

I have an Intel Core i7-6700K and an Asus Maximus IX Hero motherboard. I'm currently running this ram set at it's rated XMP profile, 3200 at 1.35 volts. I know it's completely unnecessary to go any farther, but what kind of voltage would be safe to run an overclock past it's rated XMP for daily use? Is 1.4 volts safe? Is 1.45 pushing it? I appreciate any replies, and have a nice day!

Personally, 1.35 is what I would use for everyday use. You could run 1.45 but I personally wouldn't leave it there full time. 1.35v is safe. 1.45 is ok for testing but I wouldn't run it for extensive periods of time.

I have an Anet A8 as my project printer and a i3 MK3 for when I want things to work. 

I extrude my own filament and haven't saved a penny yet.

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V (2x8GB) DDR4-3200

GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition (OC'd)

Storage: 2x 2TB Seagate 5400RPM, 128GB ADATA SSD

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750w  B2

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15. 3 Intake Fans, 2 Outtake

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

59 minutes ago, Coachdude said:

You'll be fine with 1.4 to 1.45 volts.  Truthfully, I'd spend more time working on timings.  While overall latency is a product of clock speed / timings, most people have a tremendous amount of room for improvement in timings alone.  I'll take lower latency over more bandwidth anytime unless I was on a platform that needed the bandwidth just to keep the CPU fed.  Even then, latency trumps the bandwidth provided that there's already enough bandwidth.  

6 hours ago, Coachdude said:

The "safety" of the voltage depends on the IC's in the kit, and what they were designed to run at. If we are talking safety in the context of your CPU, then keep VCCIO/VCCSA under 1.3v each for 24/7 (I personally recommend keeping below 1.25v, but it won't really cause damage to run 1.3v, just not efficient). If the context is of the memory itself, again, the IC's are important to know. I'd say most can tolerate 1.4-1.45v each without any real risk to the longevity of the memory, but it's not a question of what is safe, but rather, what is needed. Some kits just scale poorly with voltage, and no amount of voltage will improve their performance. My Samsung B-Die kit (3200 C14 Dual rank) does not scale beyond 1.39v. Even at 1.5v, I cannot get the timings any tighter, or clocks any higher. Some kits on the other hand, scale dramatically all the way up to 2v+. 

Some XMP's these days even come with 1.45v and 1.5v profiles, and from what I see, have been tested and approved at those voltages, though with their pricing and limited availability, we have zero statistics on longevity. I can say that I have personally ran DDR4 at 1.45v on my PANRAM Hynix kit for over a year with zero degradation or damage, and they were rated for 1.2v. As with all overclocking, your mileage is going to vary. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.