Noobie question about radiators

xDoron22

Hi all.

I feel kinda stupid asking this, but why not? didn't find any info online (probably because it's stupid :P).

So.. i have an i5 4590 and gtx 1080, an ssd, hard drive and such.. and a total of 4 fans.

Two that came with my case at the top for exhaust, that are a bit noisy and needs to be replaced.

And two noctua nf-f12 PWM at the front for intake. They are awesome even after 3 years.

Also temps are great even while 4k gaming (although I don't play AAA games).

So to the point, my case attracts a lot of dust inside, and to minimize that *I* thought to myself, hey why not use rad's (behind? infront?) the fans?

Lets say I get a 240mm rad for the two intake fans,and another 240mm rad for the top exhaust fans, something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/240mm-Aluminum-Computer-Radiator-Water-Cooling-Cooler-For-CPU-LED-Heatsink/302573053866?epid=714399627&hash=item4672c267aa:g:wXIAAOSwjodaOwwz

Putting rad's will help keep the dust getting in? will it do even do anything at all? will it be good/worse for my pc temps?

Thanks everyone !

No, dont do that, just buy a fan filter.

Those would be some expensive dust filters there mate... just buy a dust filter, you will make your airflow worse otherwise, radiators are meant for water-cooling 

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

If you have that much money, just get those rads and send them here:p And I'll be more than glad to send you a few $3 filters:D

Seriously, don't do it. Get a proper fan filter.

radiators arn;t even that fine a mesh, so dust will actually largely still go through. 

as mentioned many times by now, just a regular fan filter is the way to go here.