Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiGiTaL FaKiE

All usb ports do not work.

2 hours ago, mortino said:

You are high, system restore isn't even close to a last option, more like a 2nd or 3rd option.

lol whatever buddy, reinstalling windows is like changing the motor of a car that doesn't start.9_9 OP must do everything he can before formatting.

 

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I just woke up today to turn my pc on and find out no usb ports are working. When I plug my mouse in it light up rgb for like 3 secs then turn off. Same with any other usb device. The only device that works is an old ps/2 keyboard I have. I already uninstalled the serial bus drivers and all other usb drivers and reinstalled em with no luck. Also powercycled pc with no luck. I even removed and put pack the cmos battery and no luck. Any help is appreciated. 

Specs

GPU-------> MSI Gtx 1060 Armor 6gb Ocv1

CPU-------> AMD Ryzen 5 1600 

RAM------> G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB

MOBO---> GIGABYTE GA-AB350-GAMING 3

SSD------> Samsung 960 Evo 250 GB M.2

HDD------> Western Digital Black 1 TB

CASE---> Corsair Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX

PSU-----> EVGA 750 BQ, 80+ Bronze

Link to post
Share on other sites

check to see if the USB ports are disabled in your PCs bios. I have no idea why that setting would change on it's own, but check anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a similar case with my own computer, suddenly no usb ports would work, except 2.0 ports. What I did was to manually remove all registry entries associated to usb:

 

-Open device manager, find the ports that dont work > right click > properties then write down the error code.

-If you get error code 19,31,32,37,39 or 41 then do this https://www.repairwin.com/fix-usb-error-code-39-usb-not-working-error/

 

I would say first uninstall drivers, then delete registry entries> restart


Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Visually inspect the ports, make sure the pins are all alright. Typically if one port on a controller shorts, they all wonk out.

All ports are on damaged and no contacts crossed. Also all pins are soldered down. No damage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

check to see if the USB ports are disabled in your PCs bios. I have no idea why that setting would change on it's own, but check anyway. 

Not disabled, but I just realized my mouse and keyboard work fine in bios.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Also, does it work pre-OS?

As in pre-os do you mean start up and bios? Works in bios and before windows screen. Once it hits windows nothing works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, xGGAx said:

I had a similar case with my own computer, suddenly no usb ports would work, except 2.0 ports. What I did was to manually remove all registry entries associated to usb:

 

-Open device manager, find the ports that dont work > right click > properties then write down the error code.

-If you get error code 19,31,32,37,39 or 41 then do this https://www.repairwin.com/fix-usb-error-code-39-usb-not-working-error/

 

I would say first uninstall drivers, then delete registry entries> restart

I will try this but will be very difficult as I can only use a keyboard for input.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DiGiTaL FaKiE said:

I will try this but will be very difficult as I can only use a keyboard for input.

I know:P it took me a while to navigate through the menus, but it should work.

BTW, try deleting the upper and lower filters, then restart. Windows will install the generic drivers.


Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, xGGAx said:

I know:P it took me a while to navigate through the menus, but it should work.

BTW, try deleting the upper and lower filters, then restart. Windows will install the generic drivers.

All the ports say they are working. The only issue the device manager shows is this. 

20180214_214404.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DiGiTaL FaKiE said:

All the ports say they are working. The only issue the device manager shows is this. 

20180214_214404.jpg

what error are you getting under properties?


Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, xGGAx said:

what error are you getting under properties?

Code 28 on all 4 of those devices. Also they are duplicated cuz I only have one mouse and one keyboard. Unknown device is keyboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DiGiTaL FaKiE said:

Code 28 on all 4 of those devices. Also they are duplicated cuz I only have one mouse and one keyboard. Unknown device is keyboard.

that code refers to missing drivers so totally unrelated to my issue.
Try installing drivers manually, download the latest one from the manufacturer and use the "update driver" option under properties, select the downloaded folder > ok.

Do not use the setup that came with the drivers.


Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-install windows don't waste your time, if they work fine in the UEFI it's most likely not a hardware issue. A quick check to make sure it isn't hardware or firmware is booting a Linux live cd if it all works it is for sure windows.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last option would be a system restore-


Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xGGAx said:

Last option would be a system restore-

You are high, system restore isn't even close to a last option, more like a 2nd or 3rd option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, mortino said:

Re-install windows don't waste your time, if they work fine in the UEFI it's most likely not a hardware issue. A quick check to make sure it isn't hardware or firmware is booting a Linux live cd if it all works it is for sure windows.

Yea, I got a Bootable Kali linux drive and all works fine on it. Guess I'm reinstalling. I'm so sick of this pc too. It also has an unfixable stutter issue as well that I could never get to go away even with the help of this very forum. I'm so done with and cpus rn too. Cuz my old pc had the same issue with a stutter. Guess imma get me a 8700k.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DiGiTaL FaKiE said:

Yea, I got a Bootable Kali linux drive and all works fine on it. Guess I'm reinstalling. I'm so sick of this pc too. It also has an unfixable stutter issue as well that I could never get to go away even with the help of this very forum. I'm so done with and cpus rn too. Cuz my old pc had the same issue with a stutter. Guess imma get me a 8700k.

The latest version of Kali is pretty damn good hardware support wise. And like I said F-it, if it works in UEFI It's almost guaranteed software issue, go Windows 7 unless you need 10 for a specific use case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, mortino said:

The latest version of Kali is pretty damn good hardware support wise. And like I said F-it, if it works in UEFI It's almost guaranteed software issue, go Windows 7 unless you need 10 for a specific use case.

Yea I would use 7 but I like knowing that I can use dx12 with 10.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DiGiTaL FaKiE said:

Yea I would use 7 but I like knowing that I can use dx12 with 10.

Ya dx12 but It's not even that good yet, a few games like forza horizon 3 need it but dual boot my friend. I used W10 for like a month and was like nope this is stupid, I don't pay money to lose back to win 7. Still got the dual boot but I almost never use it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer
2 hours ago, mortino said:

You are high, system restore isn't even close to a last option, more like a 2nd or 3rd option.

lol whatever buddy, reinstalling windows is like changing the motor of a car that doesn't start.9_9 OP must do everything he can before formatting.

 


Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×