racing game benchmarks in LTT video's?

Ashley MLP Fangirl

Probably because racing games really aren't difficult to run.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

LTT has had some videos in the past where they benchmark racing games. It's not a very common occurrence though.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I think theyve benchmarked forza havent they? Besides that has there been any new noteworthy racing games recently? The new NFS kind of sucks so thats a write off...

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

Just because you play it doesn't mean they have to include it.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

no need to test racing games

as there is no difficulty in playing then as far as cpu and gpu go

I have a good system with a gtx 1070, I mean pretty good but not top of the lineup, I can play forza 7 max settings at 1080p no problem. So unless you wanted to go 4k or beyond, most tests for a 1070 or greater would be almost meaningless.

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

46 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

I think theyve benchmarked forza havent they? Besides that has there been any new noteworthy racing games recently? The new NFS kind of sucks so thats a write off...

NFS Payback is a good game in my opinion... 

47 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Probably because racing games really aren't difficult to run.

46 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

no need to test racing games

as there is no difficulty in playing then as far as cpu and gpu go

i can run nfs payback on medium settings on a gtx 1050.. with antialiasing off... so, more difficult to run then you'd think... 

46 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Just because you play it doesn't mean they have to include it.

i know i know, but it's not just me is it? i just happen to ask to include it. 

31 minutes ago, Computers_And_Tech_Is_Cool said:

I have a good system with a gtx 1070, I mean pretty good but not top of the lineup, I can play forza 7 max settings at 1080p no problem. So unless you wanted to go 4k or beyond, most tests for a 1070 or greater would be almost meaningless.

yeah maybe, but LTT make video's on second hand gear, and budget stuff too. 

She/Her

I play indie games that rival Super Mario graphics

SUPER MEAT BOY is the latest but I cant seem to finish the final BOSS

51 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

LTT has had some videos in the past where they benchmark racing games. It's not a very common occurrence though.

true, but when they did, it wasn't the popular games. i'd just like to see more popular racing titles in the benchmarks. especially for budget gear. 

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

I play indie games that rival Super Mario graphics

SUPER MEAT BOY is the latest but I cant seem to finish the final BOSS

what does this have to do with my question...? 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i'd just like to see more popular racing titles in the benchmarks. especially for budget gear. 

why bother, just adds more cost to Linus

9 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

why bother, just adds more cost to Linus

because, there are a lot of people who play racing games. and as a few pointed out, those games are not very demanding, so great for gamers on a budget. it makes sense to test those games on budget cards. 

She/Her

There's no real point in benchmarking racing games since almost all of them just render a small bubble around the player. That's why some racing games can look photo realistic and run on low end hardware. 

6 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

those games are not very demanding

and thats why they dont test the games

and budget gpu's yeah maybe, but why Linus doesnt cover budget gpus has already been discussed countless times here on LTT plus I think Lman made a vid of why

8 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

There's no real point in benchmarking racing games since almost all of them just render a small bubble around the player. That's why some racing games can look photo realistic and run on low end hardware. 

yeah but settings matter as well. on my gtx 1050, nfs payback, medium settings with antialiasing off it's smooth. if i set things to high, i get stutters. 

8 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

and budget gpu's yeah maybe, but why Linus doesnt cover budget gpus has already been discussed countless times here on LTT plus I think Lman made a vid of why

but he does cover them... and old gpu's. 

She/Her

12 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

because, there are a lot of people who play racing games. and as a few pointed out, those games are not very demanding, so great for gamers on a budget. it makes sense to test those games on budget cards. 

Is it that you want to see LTT benchmarks or is it that there aren’t very many/good  you tubers running these benchmarks? If it’s the latter then there’s an opportunity for someone.

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

yeah but settings matter as well. on my gtx 1050, nfs payback, medium settings with antialiasing off it's smooth. if i set things to high, i get stutters. 

There's a reason I said almost and some. Also who makes nfs payback?

Is it done by the same developers that did that old nfs game where switching from 30fps to 60fps would make the game run at double the speed? If so then you have your answer on why it performs the way it does.

13 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I thought they use to include budget gpus. We don’t really see them review much computer hardware in general anymore, it’s a shame as I found it informative and helpful, that is their choice

50 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

NFS Payback is a good game in my opinion... 

i can run nfs payback on medium settings on a gtx 1050.. with antialiasing off... so, more difficult to run then you'd think... 

i know i know, but it's not just me is it? i just happen to ask to include it. 

yeah maybe, but LTT make video's on second hand gear, and budget stuff too. 

NFS is an openworld racing game. And TBH you can just go off GTA V performance with the way NFS Payback looks.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Dirt 3 would be a good benchmark, as it really uses l of the GPU. It wouldn't be a good CPU benchmark though.

Not sure where the game caps out though, because my PC with an RX 580 can run it fine at 4k 60 FPS (only thing I turned down is MSaA to 2x instead of 4x).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

12 hours ago, Ertman said:

Is it that you want to see LTT benchmarks or is it that there aren’t very many/good  you tubers running these benchmarks? If it’s the latter then there’s an opportunity for someone.

both of those. 

12 hours ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

There's a reason I said almost and some. Also who makes nfs payback?

Is it done by the same developers that did that old nfs game where switching from 30fps to 60fps would make the game run at double the speed? If so then you have your answer on why it performs the way it does.

nfs payback is made by Ghost. 

12 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

NFS is an openworld racing game. And TBH you can just go off GTA V performance with the way NFS Payback looks.

no. gta has people walking around first of all, and a lot more traffic cars. 

She/Her

The F1 series by Codemasters may not be graphically intense, but it's surprisingly heavy on the CPU due to needing to simulate 22 some drivers and realistic physics. It's the only game I've seen where raising the CPU priority actually pushed performance beyond statistical noise.

Besides, lower end, modern games should be tested occasionally. Otherwise nobody would know that a GTX 1050 Ti could push Rocket League to 4K 60FPS on high detail.

30 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The F1 series by Codemasters may not be graphically intense, but it's surprisingly heavy on the CPU due to needing to simulate 22 some drivers and realistic physics. It's the only game I've seen where raising the CPU priority actually pushed performance beyond statistical noise.

Besides, lower end, modern games should be tested occasionally. Otherwise nobody would know that a GTX 1050 Ti could push Rocket League to 4K 60FPS on high detail.

Need for Speed Payback is in that list too. 4K 9.7FPS... 

She/Her

59 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

What does that have to do with anything I said?

what you said looked to me like oh it's useless to test racing games because rocket league will run at 60fps on a 1050ti...

She/Her