A clue for glue?

Hey guys, long time no see, anyways I got a bit of a pickle here was hoping there was some suggestions in here about it. I got a little ASUS laptop that I'm hoping to swap the M.2 SSD in for a 1 or 2TB one next year since this is my school laptop and I'm graduating this summer. You know, clean slate and all. Anyways, the rubber feet are starting to fall off and its really pissing me off, originally they were held on by some sorta double sided tape washer. I would glue them right back on no problem except there are screws under the feet that hold on the back panel which I need access to next year to replace the ssd. Anybody here have suggestions about a tape or glue that will hold ok, but is otherwise easily removable? Id rather not have to chisel away glue to get at the last screw holding the backplate on.

I'm not aware of any glue like that, but model car glue will help in the long term for holding the feet on.

If anything, I would give Asus negative points for having to go through that hassle just to repair/swap components, getting to the internals of a laptop is hard enough as it is...

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, JJTortilla said:

Hey guys, long time no see, anyways I got a bit of a pickle here was hoping there was some suggestions in here about it. I got a little ASUS laptop that I'm hoping to swap the M.2 SSD in for a 1 or 2TB one next year since this is my school laptop and I'm graduating this summer. You know, clean slate and all. Anyways, the rubber feet are starting to fall off and its really pissing me off, originally they were held on by some sorta double sided tape washer. I would glue them right back on no problem except there are screws under the feet that hold on the back panel which I need access to next year to replace the ssd. Anybody here have suggestions about a tape or glue that will hold ok, but is otherwise easily removable? Id rather not have to chisel away glue to get at the last screw holding the backplate on.

I would suggest to use double sided paper tape it will tear and come off somewhat easily with some prying. The 3M 9448A stuff is pretty good. 

Cool, I'll give the 3M tape a go. Thx for the help.

Also yes, it is an odd choice, but so are a lot of things about this little laptop. I don't even really use it for gaming, but the IPS panel 4k screen makes youtube, hulu, and netflix look amazing!