NZXT H440 Fan Hub

sagerkameron

So I've owned my build for almost a year now with little to no issues. When building my computer I was not to concerned on where to plug in the fans and CPU cooler. Well I decided to look into it a bit more and I still seem to be lost. I need to know some basic things about fans and where to plug them in at. I have the NZXT H440, 3 SP120 in the front, 1 AF140 in the back, and 2 SP120 underneath the radiator on the top of the case. Currently I have the PWM cable from the NZXT fan hub hooked up to the CPU_FAN header. I have my 2 fans that are underneath the radiator (SP 120) hooked onto a splitter and plugged into the NZXT fan hub under FAN1, The 3 fans in the front of the case (SP 120) hooked up to the NZXT fan hub under FAN2, FAN3, and FAN4. I also have my fan in the back (the AF 140) hooked up to the NZXT fan hub under FAN6. Is there anyway to control these fans? From what i can read on forums, no. Because these fans a 3-pin. Which software should I use to turn them off and on? The bios, CAM, or some other software I don't know about? I included a link to my build. There are tons of pictures included so you can get a clear idea of where my fans and radiator are located. Also, 1 more question to add. Do you think my radiator is in a descent spot? Thanks.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/sagerkameron/saved/9qgCJx

2, 3, and 4pin fans can all be controlled. Whether control is available depends on the header you're powering the fan from and not the fan itself. 

The photos didn't show up in your link but I found them here: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/sagerkameron/builds/

Your top fans should be exhaust instead of intake. You could get better cpu temps by putting the rad at the front instead of the top.

If you're using the same 3pin SP120's for the rad, use the other fan headers on the hub instead of Fan1. If they're 4pin pwm, all your fans are fine.

You can control your fan speeds in the motherboard QFan settings which you can access by pressing the Delete key during boot. All of the fans will follow the same fan curve off of the cpu_fan1 header with your current configuration. If you prefer to control the fans using different curves, you can plug them into the other fan headers on the motherboard. 

Moved to Air Cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.