3D or Higher Resolution

Billango

Hey guys, I'm not sure how to do a formal poll but I was just wondering what people think is better to get for a gaming monitor, assuming you have something like a gtx 780, which would you choose, a nice 3D monitor or a higher resolution monitor like 2560x1440. What do you think would be better for an fps? Thanks.

Depends on your preference. If you haven't tried either, I wouldn't gamble on getting 3D.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

For 2D, 1440p will let the 780 stretch it's wings. 3D @1080p is also a fair challenge 

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Hey guys, I'm not sure how to do a formal poll but I was just wondering what people think is better to get for a gaming monitor, assuming you have something like a gtx 780, which would you choose, a nice 3D monitor or a higher resolution monitor like 2560x1440. What do you think would be better for an fps? Thanks.

1440p all the way

higher resolution. Having more pixels will create less strain on your eyes when reading, plus it just flat out looks better