THQ Nordic snaps up the rights to Saints Row, Dead Island and more with an acquisition of Koch Media

ItsMitch

THQ Nordic has snapped up the rights to the Saints Row, Dead Island and Metro franchises with it's recent acquisition of Koch Media. The deal is worth 150 million dollars. 

The source of the day is GameSpot.com

THQ Nordic, the Austria-based company currently in possession of the Darksiders, Red Faction, and de Blob properties, has acquired Koch Media, the parent company of Dead Island, Saints Row, and Metro publisher Deep Silver. The deal, which is set for approval later today, was worth €121 million (approximately $149 million).

The acquisition means that THQ Nordic now owns all of Koch Media's assets, which includes its studios, intellectual properties, and licenses, such as the Metro game series. Koch Media's business also includes films, which are created "primarily for German and Italian speaking territories."

Noteworthy studios that are part of the acquisition include Volition, which is responsible for the Saints Row series; Dambuster, which is behind Homefront; and Fishlabs Entertainment, known for the Galaxy on Fire series.

This is really good news in my eyes, Maybe we can see another Saints Row series, or even a Homefront.

The CEO of Koch Media Klemens Kundratitz sent a statement to Gamespot

"I strongly believe that THQ Nordic is a great strategic fit with Koch Media," said Klemens Kundratitz, Koch Media CEO, who will continue in his role as chief executive. "In addition to having long experience within games development and publishing, THQ Nordic has the skills, willingness and capital to deliver growth in the future."

Lars Wingefors, CEO THQ Nordic said that the company (Koch Media) will continue to operate as normal which is a good sign. 

"Koch Media has a long history of profitability despite losses incurred from some less successful game releases," he said. "THQ Nordic is convinced that the development studios of Deep Silver as part of THQ Nordic will successfully deliver at least four ongoing AAA game projects including Metro Exodus as well as the next Volition Studio AAA release and the next Dambuster Studio AAA release, together with a number of other game development and publishing titles."

I'm just really happy that this is a thing, we might have some good games ahead of us.

Source:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/metro-dead-island-saints-row-publisher-koch-media-/1100-6456770/

hell yeah

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I hope this doesn't add delays to Metro Exodus coming later this year.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I doubt it really since THQ isn't doing any mass sackings (from what I can see) and there's no real change in their business, just that they're now owned by them. 

New Darksiders though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

maybe a new saints row which isnt a class based shooter?

i would like a new red faction and darksiders game too.

I always thought Dead Island series were wasted by how limited the gameplay was, I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the first game and second one was not that great .

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i like THQ Nordic. Was real happy with Titan quest and it's expansion. Also it would appear they are handling the Switch version of Pillers of Eternity 2! o.O 

Is this happening because Agents of Mayhem was a major financial disappointment? 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I demand a Tak and the power of juju trilogy remaster now that THQ has been aqcuired by a bigger company again.

So...

THQ went bankrupt, and sold Saint's Row, Dead Island and Metro to Deep Silver. Then, THQ got bought by Nordic, who renamed themselves to THQ Nordic. Now, they bought Deep Silver's parent company, so THQ owns Saint's Row, Dead Island and Metro again.

630.png

17 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

*ACTUAL PC PORT PLEASE*

Saints Row 2 has a PC port, barely but it does exist.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

17 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I may actually need hospitalization for rage induced psychosis if that happens lol. I've been waiting and hoping forever.

Still waiting and hoping for a Dying Light 2 with a larger world and more survival elements. Maybe a little bit of base building or some other way to uniquely effect the game world.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

6 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Saints Row 2 has a PC port, barely but it does exist.

It's so bad I don't want to call it a "port" it's more of a copy and paste job

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

It's so bad I don't want to call it a "port" it's more of a copy and paste job

Yeah I know, hence the "barely" :P

Gentlemen Of The Row is a thing though.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)